2017 Manor F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2017 Manor F1 Team - Mercedes

why, wehrlein was contracted to sauber, which is running ferrari engines. wehrlein is a mercedes driver. conflict right there. not unheared of offcourse, but i wouldnt be surprised that with manor falling away, and mercedes thus having room for supplying a team, and sauber interested in getting a discount. again, they had merc engines a long time ago.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Fifty
Fifty

Wasn't wehrlein a Wolff and co management team guy? I thought that was the real reason he got the Merc engines, rather than a Merc guy.

Jolle
Jolle

Manor's contracts and licence could still be worth a bit of money. In 2017 you'll have to do a very very bad job to get beaten by Sauber, which is running on a small budget and a '16 ferrari engine while every other team have completely renewed PU's with the lift of the token system. The downside of the development of Honda and Renault is that points are going to get more and more difficult the coming years with 10 "works" cars on track. Even Williams, FI, STR and Haas will struggle.

Fifty
Fifty

It's sad that there are three series going on in F1 now.
-The teams racing for the top three (Merc, ferrari and RB)
-the teams racing for 4th through 6th
(Williams, TR, FI)
-and then the teams racing just to finish in the top 10
(Sauber, Mclaren, Renault, haas, manor)

I know some people are going to get their pants in a twist over the teams split in the last two groups...but that is truly where those teams mindset is for last and next season. Gone are tHe days when each team came to win.

Facts Only
Facts Only

Yeah those days went about 67 years ago.

At no point in the history of F1 has everyone turned up 'to win' there has always been the 'haves' and the 'haves' nots', the 'big guns' the 'dreamers' the 'also rans' the 'underdogs' and those just there for the fun and the lifestyle.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

GoranF1
GoranF1

Fifty wrote:It's sad that there are three series going on in F1 now.
-The teams racing for the top three (Merc, ferrari and RB)
-the teams racing for 4th through 6th
(Williams, TR, FI)
-and then the teams racing just to finish in the top 10
(Sauber, Mclaren, Renault, haas, manor)

I know some people are going to get their pants in a twist over the teams split in the last two groups...but that is truly where those teams mindset is for last and next season. Gone are tHe days when each team came to win.
You are insane
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Fifty
Fifty

Facts Only wrote:Yeah those days went about 67 years ago.

At no point in the history of F1 has everyone turned up 'to win' there has always been the 'haves' and the 'haves' nots', the 'big guns' the 'dreamers' the 'also rans' the 'underdogs' and those just there for the fun and the lifestyle.

Basically, teams now are projecting to HOPE for consistent 7th and 8th place finishes for the next 3 seasons.
Wtf is that? That is a phenomenon of the last 5 years.

Facts Only
Facts Only

No it really isnt. It's the way it's always been.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

nokivasara
nokivasara

Facts Only wrote:No it really isnt. It's the way it's always been.
I agree.
Even more so back in the day than nowadays. I might be wrong but still in the early 90's there was quite a few teams that tried to qualify for races and if they made it was all good, if not, well they just tried again at some point. The grid wasn't static as it is today.
I'm pretty sure those lesser teams did not aim for the WCC :mrgreen:

Facts Only
Facts Only

Exactly, in the early days (50's/60's) we had 'gentlemen racers' just turning up for the fun burning through their aristocratic families money, then in the 70's teams buying 1 or 2 year old cars turning up filling the grids at sporadic events, in the early 80's we still had the underclass of cars running DFV's, the late 80's early 90's saw plenty of "Andrea Moda" and "Life" type teams turning up just trying to pre-qualify, in the late 90's we had the last of the 'garagistas' (Arrows/Tyrrell) trying to survive, in the 00's we had the minnows making a go of it at the back (Minardi/Super Aguri etc) and in the 10's we had the "3 new teams" brought in on the promise of a budget capped Formula.

None of these groups ever had chance of winning and a suspect they were all well aware of that.

I don't even think its that static at the moment either, Williams, McLaren and Renault have spent the last few years Yo-Yo ing' up and down the grid, Merc & FIFI have been on the up, Sauber on the way down, HAAS in CF1 and HRT out etc etc

nokivasara
nokivasara

Oh, I meant static as in which teams are competing during the season.

Back to topic, it would be nice to see Manor in one way or the other on the grid this year, wether it's with mr Ron Dennis at the helm or not.

Thunder

It's been mentioned before, but i could see Ron Dennis with his Chinese Guys taking over.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Stalker1
Stalker1

The situation with Manor somewhat reminds me the situation with Jordan team in the 2000-s before they became the Force India F1 team. One year Midland F1 team, the other Spyker F1 team and constant talks about new investors and a buyer. It turned out well for them at the end. Although I would also like to see them compete in 2017 season, it is highly unlikely they will not. A shame, because young guys still need a place to gain experience and so off aganist teammate.

Eddie_Temple
Eddie_Temple

Ouch.
Just Racing Services Ltd., which handles the day-to-day operations for the Manor F1 team, has next year’s car design ready to go, but administrators are blocking extra spending to protect creditors.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/manor ... or-864841/
http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/broke-bac ... 1791115249
Welcome to the layer cake, son.

MrCelroy
MrCelroy

Welcome to the exciting and wonderful world of automobile racing. Enjoy!