2017 Manor F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dobbster71

Re: 2017 Manor F1 Team - Mercedes

As you can see from my avatar, I like an underdog!
I hope that Manor survives, in one form or another, to compete in 2017 & beyond.
F1 needs teams like Manor. They are the breeding ground for engineers, aerodynamicists, strategists & drivers of the future.
WRC is for boys. Group B was for men!
Juha Kankkunen

Gridlock

F1 needs 13 teams, full stop. And this boom/bust cycle has to end.

Actualy, no boom. Just bust. Even worse.

MrCelroy
MrCelroy

Good news?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... r-for-2017

An offer was made to buy manor
Welcome to the exciting and wonderful world of automobile racing. Enjoy!

bauc

MrCelroy wrote:Good news?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... r-for-2017

An offer was made to buy manor
Hopefully as I would hate for us to loose this team as well, which I think has a very good potential if run properly
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

diffuser

PlatinumZealot wrote:I really don't understand the kaltenborn hate. And if it was was any other season sauber would have easily secured 10th spit. And no sauber were smart enough not to rely on causaulty to secure themselves for 2017. It was mr fitzpatrick for being tricked by Toto into running those mercedes drivers for little or nothing. Should have ran honda engines for free and stock up on those pay drivers.
I was wondering if it was Manor and not Sauber in Brazil, if the tables would be reversed?

diffuser

Jolle wrote:Manor's contracts and licence could still be worth a bit of money. In 2017 you'll have to do a very very bad job to get beaten by Sauber, which is running on a small budget and a '16 ferrari engine while every other team have completely renewed PU's with the lift of the token system. The downside of the development of Honda and Renault is that points are going to get more and more difficult the coming years with 10 "works" cars on track. Even Williams, FI, STR and Haas will struggle.
The 2017 completely redesigned PUs reliability will be a question mark. The 2016 Ferrari PU was no slouch. So the real question is does the focus on the chassis make Sauber faster than if it had less focus on the chassis and have more power but less reliability?

If I was Sauber and looking for ways to save money.... I would have done the same.

diffuser

Gridlock wrote:F1 needs 13 teams, full stop. And this boom/bust cycle has to end.

Actualy, no boom. Just bust. Even worse.
I interpret the large difference in the "prize money" between 10th and 11th positions in constructors as someone thinks they only need 10 teams.

I'm sure someone else thinks you shouldn't awarded for finishing last....

Jolle
Jolle

diffuser wrote:
Jolle wrote:Manor's contracts and licence could still be worth a bit of money. In 2017 you'll have to do a very very bad job to get beaten by Sauber, which is running on a small budget and a '16 ferrari engine while every other team have completely renewed PU's with the lift of the token system. The downside of the development of Honda and Renault is that points are going to get more and more difficult the coming years with 10 "works" cars on track. Even Williams, FI, STR and Haas will struggle.
The 2017 completely redesigned PUs reliability will be a question mark. The 2016 Ferrari PU was no slouch. So the real question is does the focus on the chassis make Sauber faster than if it had less focus on the chassis and have more power but less reliability?

If I was Sauber and looking for ways to save money.... I would have done the same.
A brand new design that has no limit in development against a patched up design from three/four years ago? I think with the disappearance of Manor, the last two cars on the grid are set already

Sniffit

So the deadline was 20/1, I guess that we can assume that Manor is not going to be with us for the season start. Crap.

nevill3

Sky news are reporting that the talks with multiple new owners will continue next week, Manor will rise like a pheonix once again........especially if the new owners will be able to buy shares in F1 from Liberty at a discount.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Starscreamer

Still no update :(
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

adrianjordan

I do wonder whether Liberty Media will step in and throw them a lifeline. After all it's in their best interests to have as many teams as possible and then have already highlighted the uneven distribution of revenue as one of the problems they will be looking to address.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

There are still rumblings...

Manor takeover bid: What we know - Manor Racing Team Fan Blog
We believe that CGF a private equity firm in the U.K are in the final stages of purchasing Manor Race Team from Mr Stephen Fitzpatrick.

We have zero inside track on this deal and it like the other deals may fall through at the last minute.

Gridlock

If only the new CEO (Motorsport) had any experience in this area...

I'm very optimistic for Manor, if only because I don't think "we lost a team through financial hardship" is how Liberty wish to start their ownership.