Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
CAEdevice

Re: Racing games

Alonso Fan wrote:
CAEdevice wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:Assetto corsa Ferrari sf15-t
Are you testing the red pack? I will try it in a couple of weeks (holydays), I can't wait!
Yes, this is the red pack, well worth the money! :)

Although i am not very good, it would be nice to race with you online some time :)
Do not worry, with the F14-T (not official but very realistic), I was 6 seconds slower at SPA (Assetto Corsa 1.5) than Vettel...

etusch

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Jx9CIfnpXz4[/youtube]

Alonso Fan

I'm practising some sound modding for AC

[youtube]https://youtu.be/oc6ZlomRQno[/youtube]

And I finally upgraded to a wheel! I haven't actually driven a car in real life so getting used to driving was quite hard. When you're used to one set of controls for so long, everything has become second nature to you. you subconsciously drive the car with the right buttons, counter-steer and modulate the brake to prevent locking, but you do it without thinking. I had to learn how to drive again basically and everything, all the new reactions and buttons etc, everything had to become second nature to me again.

I've had it since January and I have to say I think i'm still around 0.3s per lap slower than I was with a pad, but I would never go back now that I have felt ffb etc. it's just something else
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Alonso Fan

my new sound mod preview for the Porsche 911 RSR 2017 from le mans with the updated exhaust :)

SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

waynes

bought AC the other week on PC and thoroughly enjoying it and all the mods available.

downloaded most of the DLC except the Porsche packs today as steam sale is on. That Ferrari hybrid is a beast

Alonso Fan

waynes wrote:
28 Jun 2017, 22:24
bought AC the other week on PC and thoroughly enjoying it and all the mods available.

downloaded most of the DLC except the Porsche packs today as steam sale is on. That Ferrari hybrid is a beast
You should also get the Porsche packs. The 919 cars are something else
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Phil

SectorOne wrote:
07 Apr 2015, 15:00
MadMatt wrote:You see nothing with a 24" screen. The 55" one is much much better trust me immersion is good with the screen close to me.

Plus I have buttons if I need to look left or right but it does't happen often :D
Because you have the wrong FOV, i got three 24 and with them just behind the wheel and 1:1 FOV you definitely see as much as you so on your current setup.
Have any of you guys considered what a FOV you have when you have a Helmet on and looking through the visor?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

DiogoBrand

Phil wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 00:30
SectorOne wrote:
07 Apr 2015, 15:00
MadMatt wrote:You see nothing with a 24" screen. The 55" one is much much better trust me immersion is good with the screen close to me.

Plus I have buttons if I need to look left or right but it does't happen often :D
Because you have the wrong FOV, i got three 24 and with them just behind the wheel and 1:1 FOV you definitely see as much as you so on your current setup.
Have any of you guys considered what a FOV you have when you have a Helmet on and looking through the visor?
If you want realistif FOV just consider the size of your screen and your distance to it. If you're driving with a helmet you won't even notice it too much, so there's no need to take it in consideration.

waynes

Alonso Fan wrote:
28 Jun 2017, 22:42
i'll be saving up for a steering wheel and pedals from now on my friend. Currently using a 360 pad :x

Alonso Fan

waynes wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 11:53
Alonso Fan wrote:
28 Jun 2017, 22:42
i'll be saving up for a steering wheel and pedals from now on my friend. Currently using a 360 pad :x
Ah i see, good choice! I did the same a few months back and I'll probably never use a pad again!
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

waynes

Alonso Fan wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 23:32
Ah i see, good choice! I did the same a few months back and I'll probably never use a pad again!
can you recommend a steering wheel and pedals?

thank you :)

Ana

Currently playing Forza, a different gameplay from Gran Turismo. Will take time getting into it.

Alonso Fan

waynes wrote:
30 Jun 2017, 08:11
Alonso Fan wrote:

It completely depends on your budget and how serious you are about your experience. If you're more than happy with an ordinary wheel with pedals and shifter then you can't fault the Logitech g27, nor their newer g29/g920. If you're looking for something cheap in the same performance range then the g25 is the best, although noisier than the other Logitech wheels, much noisier. If you're a little more serious and have a bigger budget then the thrustmaster t300rs is a good option and if you're pure hardcore and money is no object then you can invest loads in a fanatec rig. It completely depends on your budget.

Personally i bought a Logitech g25 with wheel stand pro (v1) from eBay for around £104. I had a small budget (sold my Microsoft Band 2 for a similar price and wanted to spend very little extra) and i can say its a really good wheel, and very noisy too :) of course i haven't tried any thing else yet, i haven't even driven a real car yet so i cant compare but there are many people who have and google and Bing are your best friends :)

Edit: Another thing i might add is that since i have got the wheel, my parents have both had a go at driving a car in assetto corsa even though both have no interest in games. They liked it :D
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

rscsr

Alonso Fan wrote:
01 Jul 2017, 17:14
waynes wrote:
30 Jun 2017, 08:11
Alonso Fan wrote:

It completely depends on your budget and how serious you are about your experience. If you're more than happy with an ordinary wheel with pedals and shifter then you can't fault the Logitech g27, nor their newer g29/g920. If you're looking for something cheap in the same performance range then the g25 is the best, although noisier than the other Logitech wheels, much noisier. If you're a little more serious and have a bigger budget then the thrustmaster t300rs is a good option and if you're pure hardcore and money is no object then you can invest loads in a fanatec rig. It completely depends on your budget.

Personally i bought a Logitech g25 with wheel stand pro (v1) from eBay for around £104. I had a small budget (sold my Microsoft Band 2 for a similar price and wanted to spend very little extra) and i can say its a really good wheel, and very noisy too :) of course i haven't tried any thing else yet, i haven't even driven a real car yet so i cant compare but there are many people who have and google and Bing are your best friends :)

Edit: Another thing i might add is that since i have got the wheel, my parents have both had a go at driving a car in assetto corsa even though both have no interest in games. They liked it :D
I absolutely can't recommend anyone to buy Fanatec. Their quality control has been quite awful. I got a CSR and a CSW wheel and CSL pedals.
The CSW wheels have been dying all the time (with 6 of 7 wheels dying within a year in my league) and the CSR feels like you are steering honey.
The CSL load cells are a joke. I need a load cell every 6 months, which is to be expected since it is rated for for just 25kg. And the construction is pretty bad as well. Not only is it quite soft (bending it visibly when braking), the USB connection is also in the most stupid position.

Now I use an OSW direct drive. While not exactly cheep, it costs about 900€ without wheel, but it is magnitudes better than any belt drive systems.

The recommended high end pedals come from Heusinkveld (but expensive as well, 700€ for a 3 pedal set).

ME4ME

Anyone playing GRID Autosport in here?

Love the online multiplayer mode. Not really a simulator game, but better feedback and control in my opinion. Great handling model.