Importance of speed at corner entry

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Nando

Re: Ferrari F2012

morefirejules08 wrote:says you! you mentioned no on track experience when i asked you a simple question.
personally i think you are a troll who is looking for a rise from other posters. your own contradictions point to this and the fact you will argue with anyone that doesnt agree with your theories which are imo wrong
Why are you lying? i never once said i did not have any on track experience.

I just did not say that because it´s irrelevant in the discussion we have. Why?
I just explained why.

Personally i think you have pre-determined thoughts about me seeing as you just now manufactured a lie on a forum which is a dumb thing to do in the first place.
morefirejules08 wrote:and the fact you will argue with anyone that doesnt agree with your theories which are imo wrong
It´s not theories though. This is the fundamental issue you and some other have by basing your own "opinion" against something that is considered fact.

I´m sure you are much smarter then Nathan for example who thinks i´m american yet i´ve told him several times i´m not.

But still says things like "Thats why you guys stick to the ovals"

Do you see the level of intelligence i´m working with here?
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

morefirejules08

I have no reason to believe you are American and to be honest i couldn't care less if you were.
i dont see where i am lying, i asked you if your experience was on track or not and you basically said no! you said it was from books and other people! so you are in fact indirectly lying by not answering my question with all the facts!
On track experience is relevant because you cannot learn something purely from theory.
I am not basing my questions and replies to you on opinion, i am basing them on cold had facts and experience.

Nando

morefirejules08 wrote:I have no reason to believe you are American and to be honest i couldn't care less if you were.
i dont see where i am lying, i asked you if your experience was on track or not and you basically said no! you said it was from books and other people! so you are in fact indirectly lying by not answering my question with all the facts!
On track experience is relevant because you cannot learn something purely from theory.
I am not basing my questions and replies to you on opinion, i am basing them on cold had facts and experience.
Lying again. I never once said no i don´t have any track experience.
I have tried to tell you why that was irrelevant but you just stack up lie after lie.

To learn how to go fast you need books or a trainer or a very bright mind in terms of visualizing physics on the fly while in the car for the first time.

If you don´t have any of that, you can do 1.000 laps and you would be as dumb, if not dumber when walking out of the car again.

You don´t learn anything by just going round lap after lap.
You have to know what it takes to go fast then practice on that.

The basics of going fast.

I hope you understand now why i mentioned the important stuff. Which i have done 3 times now i believe?

EDIT:

2 identical people. Both are 100% incompetent in driving (no license for the sake of it) and no history of ever watching any form of motorsport.

These two gets 100 laps each.

Person A you just send out right away, you tell him to go as fast as he can, that´s about it.

He comes back after 100 laps setting a time.

You then take Person B, you take him into a room, the only thing you teach him is the line and how important it is to always hold your line no matter what.

You teach him the line and how to take corners depending on how it looks.

He then does 100 laps going as fast as he can.

Who will set the fastest time?
Last edited by Nando on 17 Mar 2012, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.

morefirejules08

you are an idiot
here is my question
morefirejules08 wrote:@Nando
Just out of interest why does your theories on racing come from? is it your own personal on track experiences or just what your "national Champion" friend tells you?
here is your reply
Nando wrote:
Books, more books, racing drivers, racing driver teachers (whatever the shorter name of that is) etc.

This is why i get annoyed. Slow in, fast out is the first rule you learn in racing.
This is because fast out is more important then fast in.

You make sure you hit the apex and then get on the power as soon as possible and you never take your foot off the throttle unless you know you can keep it there.
where exactly do you say you have on track experience?
books, more books= theory
racing drivers= second hand information
racing driver teachers= second hand information!

how many of the top drivers do you think read books to learn their trade? i'll guess none! I know i didnt
i stand by my statement that you are a troll with nothing better to do than wind people up!

thearmofbarlow

MuseF1 wrote:
You corrupted our language not the other way round.

Aluminium and colour

Got a habit of removing letters haven't you.

So you STFU, thank you.
The word isn't corrupted. The word is evolved. You seem to know as much about language as you do about racing.

MuseF1

Huh? i didnt say that ^^^

eurocentric said that, i quoted him

Oneshortplanck

NathanOlder wrote:Im not completely sure, but i think You can only have the upper element move and no other part, as if you could move the lower part you could still maintain the maximum gap size, but raise the bottom of the lower element reducing drag further but maintaining the maximum gap between the 2 elements

i think 8)
that what i thought, you could have them both move until they were parallel and with zero AoA and min drag
i supose they would have thought about it.. :D
Do not argue with an idiot. She will drag you down to her level and beat you with experience.

Nando

morefirejules08 wrote:you are an idiot
here is my question
morefirejules08 wrote:@Nando
Just out of interest why does your theories on racing come from? is it your own personal on track experiences or just what your "national Champion" friend tells you?
here is your reply
Nando wrote:
Books, more books, racing drivers, racing driver teachers (whatever the shorter name of that is) etc.

This is why i get annoyed. Slow in, fast out is the first rule you learn in racing.
This is because fast out is more important then fast in.

You make sure you hit the apex and then get on the power as soon as possible and you never take your foot off the throttle unless you know you can keep it there.
where exactly do you say you have on track experience?
books, more books= theory
racing drivers= second hand information
racing driver teachers= second hand information!

how many of the top drivers do you think read books to learn their trade? i'll guess none! I know i didnt
i stand by my statement that you are a troll with nothing better to do than wind people up!
Are you joking with me? seriously?

Let´s break down your question in pieces.
Question #1
Just out of interest why does your theories on racing come from?
Answer #1
This is where my knowledge on how to go fast around a track comes from. If you don´t do or get any of these, you will learn nothing.

If you are in-experienced and knows nothing about going fast around a track you won´t learn it by simply going round a track for X amount of laps.

Everyone has been in-experienced but they have all learned from someone whether that is books or teachers.
No man/kid sits in the kart and master the art of racing without getting taught anything.
Same as riding a bycicle.
Question 2#
is it your own personal on track experiences or"
Answer 2#
No because you learn zero on track without being taught how to go fast whether that is teachers or books.
Now take a deep breath, study your questions for a minute....

...Did you ask me if i learned how to go fast on a racetrack or did you ask me if i have driven on a race track before?

Do you see now that your question does not contain a question asking me if i´ve been on a track before?
You only asked me if i learned this on a track, which i haven´t. It´s in books and by teachers.

Do you know understand what i´m trying to tell you?

Then when you lied i told you it wasn´t true, i do have track experience but that it wasn´t relevant for the question you asked me. Because you learn zero on the track in terms of basics of going fast.

Am i still the idiot here or is it perhaps you that need to see the eye-doctor?

morefirejules08

yes you are still an idiot because any normal person would have answered my question by saying their theories come from books and experience but you missed out the "experience" part of your answer in order to start another confrontation.

definition of troll:
One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.
sounds like you to a tee!
now im bored of you and your trolling so i think i may go live in the real world and do some real racing!

Steven
Owner

Re: Importance of speed at corner entry

Split from the Ferrari F2012 thread for obvious reasons.
Locked for another obvious reason :)

Polluting the F2012 thread with any more of this drivel about corner entry will result in warnings or a ban.

Thank you