Importance of speed at corner entry

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
eurocentric
eurocentric

Re: Ferrari F2012

Nando wrote:
eurocentric wrote:Have you ever driven any type of car on a track, if so you would know why corner speed is important all the way through, not just the exit speed, if you are carrying more through it's entirity then you will be quicker than slow in fast out, simple really.
I see now that you have lost all of your capability to comprehend anything i say.
Don't patronise me, you are the on who can't grasp the simple concept the rest of the people posting understand quite simply.

Nando
Nando

NathanOlder wrote:Oversteer is easily seen from outside the car, understeer isnt unless its extreme, id say its something you feel more than see.

If your fast into and through a corner. The exit speed comes with it. If you get the car turning in and holding the apex, the Exit will be fast also. So in my opinion, its more important to work on turn in and mid corner speeds than traction on corner exit.
Actually it is just as easy. You can tell if the driver don´t hit the apex at all.
If he hits it, no understeer. If he misses it, lots of it.

Unless of course, like in Massa´s case, you brake 200m later then the pole sitter.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Nando
Nando

NathanOlder wrote:So in my opinion, its more important to work on turn in and mid corner speeds than traction on corner exit.
Ahh the opinion.

do me a favor and read a book about the basics of going fast around a lap.

eurocentric
eurocentric

Nando wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:Oversteer is easily seen from outside the car, understeer isnt unless its extreme, id say its something you feel more than see.

If your fast into and through a corner. The exit speed comes with it. If you get the car turning in and holding the apex, the Exit will be fast also. So in my opinion, its more important to work on turn in and mid corner speeds than traction on corner exit.
Actually it is just as easy. You can tell if the driver don´t hit the apex at all.
If he hits it, no understeer. If he misses it, lots of it.

Unless of course, like in Massa´s case, you brake 200m later then the pole sitter.
200 metres later hahahahaha Massa is now able to bend the laws of physics now then

NathanOlder

GIVE UP GUYS! HE DOESNT GET IT. :roll: :roll:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Nando
Nando

eurocentric wrote:
Nando wrote:
eurocentric wrote:Have you ever driven any type of car on a track, if so you would know why corner speed is important all the way through, not just the exit speed, if you are carrying more through it's entirity then you will be quicker than slow in fast out, simple really.
I see now that you have lost all of your capability to comprehend anything i say.
Don't patronise me, you are the on who can't grasp the simple concept the rest of the people posting understand quite simply.
I will, and i will continue to do that everytime you fail to understand what i write in perfectly readable english.

eurocentric
eurocentric

Nando wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:So in my opinion, its more important to work on turn in and mid corner speeds than traction on corner exit.
Ahh the opinion.

I don't need to I had lessons and had praise from a national championship winner about my track driving, I so I know a thing or two about getting a car round a bend.

just face it, this years ferrari is a bit of a dog and needs major surgery to fix it's problems.

Nando
Nando

beelsebob wrote:
Nando wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Why isn't every corner taken with a very late apex?
There´s a balance of course. What i´m saying is corner entry is not anywhere near as important as corner exit.

Bad at corner entry - you lose time until you hit the throttle.
No, you lose time all the way to the next braking zone. If you're doing 50 at the apex, and should be doing 60, you'll be doing 70 at the exit, and should be doing 80, and you'll be doing 180 at the next corner when you should be doing 185*.

* Actual numbers made up on the spot – but you get the point.
Not even close to the numbers you lose by having a car not capable of getting any power down to the ground out of corners.

I won´t argue anymore, i suggest every single person to READ THE BASICS ON HOW TO GO FAST AROUND A LAP AND WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF IT APART FROM HITTING THE BLOODY APEX.

Great minds here for technical aspects but completely lost when it comes to the racing aspect.

Nando wrote:Any other imaginary thoughts anyone have?
You guys blow my mind.

It's at least the second time I've read the phrase "imaginary thoughts" recently on these boards.

How do you imagine a thought? Surely the nature of a thought is that it is itself abstract? If you imagine a thought, must you not have also thunk it?

Sorry for being off-topic, but I felt the need to go for the extreme facetious tact to highlight that we have meandered from car discussion into "the basics of racing" with mild existential undertones!
Last edited by avatar on 17 Mar 2012, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

Nando
Nando

eurocentric wrote:
Nando wrote:
Ahh the opinion.

I don't need to I had lessons and had praise from a national championship winner about my track driving, I so I know a thing or two about getting a car round a bend.

just face it, this years ferrari is a bit of a dog and needs major surgery to fix it's problems.
You must have slept on Lesson #1.

I´ve also de-bunked the whole BS about the Ferrari understering.

I´ve provided enough material to prove you wrong.

What have you provided? NOTHING.

eurocentric
eurocentric

Nando wrote:
I will, and i will continue to do that everytime you fail to understand what i write in perfectly readable english.
Excuse me? You are the one who cannot grasp a simple concept. (was that simple enough for you?)

Nando
Nando

eurocentric wrote:Excuse me? You are the one who cannot grasp a simple concept. (was that simple enough for you?)

No you are the one not knowing the most basic forms of getting a car around a lap fast.

Or what the most aspect of it is apart from hitting the apex, holding your line.

Have you never heard the expression, slow in, fast out?

If you haven´t it means you haven´t paid any attention to anything.

NathanOlder

Ok, so we all agree the Ferrari cant get the power down on the exit of a corner yes? and we agree the Mclaren can yes?
pretend the Ferrari had superb front end grip and (for an example, lets say last turn in melbourne) could go through the middle of the corner at 160mph. And lets say the Mclaren has bad Understeer and could only go through there at 145mph

Who would you say will get to the finish line first ?? simple 1 word answer please. Mclaren or Ferrari
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

raymondu999

Nando wrote:You trailbrake to the apex and no more.
Yes. And doing so slows your exit. At the point in time when you hit the apex - a car driven using trailbraking is carrying less speed through. And yet people do it - because the time they gain on entry exceeds the exit loss. Who are the most prolific tral brakers around? Massa... Schumacher... Alonso... Hamilton.

And yes I have driven racing cars around a racing track. Which ones have you driven on, and on which circuit?

Slow in fast out is better than fast in slow out. Yes. But "medium in medium out" is for most occasions better than slow in fast out. Except if you're going into a long straight.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

eurocentric
eurocentric

I am obviously talking to a race driving genius and you have converted me to your ways.

It's still a dog of an understeery car.