Austin GP off topic rants

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
xpensive

Re: 2012 US GP to be held in Austin

strad wrote:Actually I hope for adequate attendance, but in reality I would not want the turn out to be so great that it massively overwhelms the support structure making the inaugural event look like a fiasco. :wink:
You mean like 50 000 pick-up trucks, with the confederate banner and all, on Elroy Rd?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

strad

:roll: Yeah,,,that's what I mean xactly :roll: ...You know what I mean. I hope there's a good turnout of course but I also don't want horror stories either. I wouldn't want it so crowded you got BBQ sauce on you from some toothless hillbilly :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

xpensive

strad wrote::roll: Yeah,,,that's what I mean xactly :roll: ...You know what I mean. I hope there's a good turnout of course but I also don't want horror stories either. I wouldn't want it so crowded you got BBQ sauce on you from some toothless hillbilly :wink:
Naah, I've got plenty of xtra Armani clothing to deal with that if it should happen. I'm thinking more in terms of the american habit to bring their vehicle wherever they go, little worried about overcrowded parking and clogged xits.

As for the music, Sharp dressed man comes to mind.

Pup
Pup

No cars allowed in. But it's Texas, so do bring a gun.

strad

Yeah X, We're on the same page.
Open Carry of course Pup..bet that causes some reaction. :shock:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

thearmofbarlow

strad wrote::roll: Yeah,,,that's what I mean xactly :roll: ...You know what I mean. I hope there's a good turnout of course but I also don't want horror stories either. I wouldn't want it so crowded you got BBQ sauce on you from some toothless hillbilly :wink:
Nearest NASCAR race is in Fort Worth, so it should be good.

Pup
Pup

strad wrote:Yeah X, We're on the same page.
Open Carry of course Pup..bet that causes some reaction. :shock:
Looks like I was wrong about that...
It is a felony, whether licensed or not, to carry a firearm on the premises of a racetrack (horse, dog or automobile).
But it's only a misdemeanor to carry one while at a football game. :lol:

xpensive

They are aware how difficult it is to find decent grits and chewing tobacco in the UK?

Pup
Pup

You do know that your stereotypes are several hundred miles off, don't you? It would be like me making fun of Swedish goulash.

xpensive

Pup wrote:You do know that your stereotypes are several hundred miles off, don't you? It would be like me making fun of Swedish goulash.
The Swedish goulash? You ain't seen nuthin' yet boy, you go on try our baclava next time around these parts, mind you we don't accept no tobacco-spittin indoors?

bhall

xpensive wrote:I'm certain that the six officials in question will together amass priceless knowledge from their UK xperience.
hairy_scotsman wrote:Image
"A banger in Britain is not what I thought it would be!"