Mercedes abyss - 2014 & Ciro's Comedian Backalley

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Ciro Pabón

Re: Mercedes abyss - 2014

xpensive wrote:Strange, I have never seen any advertising for Lamborghini or Bugatti, why I guess there are different theories around "marketing"?
Well, because Lambo is a powerful word in itself like in "Free Lamborghini Sex Now". Duh.

I'm with CBeck113 here. Hi, Herr Beck, nice to meet you!
xpensive wrote:In Formula 1, you see none of this brave new IT era's giants like Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, ITC or Sony, gosh, I wonder why?
Oh, for the love of Pete, you incorregible , hard headed and friendly Nordic! Does Microsoft sound like luxury brand to you?

Viking Luxury: don't count on Swedish sense of humour...
xpensive wrote:My 15 year old son is totally indifferent to F1, while I was completely hooked at his age
Don't you live in freaking Sweden? Lemme explain this slowly: I... wouldn't... waste... a... weekend... day... watching... F1... if... I... were... him...

... and I live in Cali!

Waste of time in Cali. Brunette? Blonde? Lambo? Bugatti? Though life down here if you're 15, like my son.

And let me add this: my son cried in emotion when he saw Montoya winning at Monaco. He was 6.

Nowadays he doesn't give a truck for Hamilton, someone called Camila owns him. I would be worried if he were more interested in Lewis.
Ciro

xpensive
xpensive

Ciro Pabón wrote: ...
... and I live in Cali!
I guess...so you want to sample some scandinavian humor Ciro?

And what kind of a car do you figure the above gentlemen best traveled in, Mercedes of course!;

Not always with a happy arrival though;

But he could afford it, as it happens, Colombia is a very rich country, lots of natural resources;

"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Ciro Pabón

Hey, you have a sense of humour! Who would have guessed? :D

Please, repost the last image, something's wrong with it.

I imagine but cannot see our natural resource: contraband? Rebellion? Satan? Cannibalism? Magic? Enthusiasm? Contempt for gringos? :P Stop the suspense, please...
Ciro

xpensive
xpensive

Perhaps someone you knew Ciro, the natural reources should be obvious from his trade, not rubberbands?

xpensive
xpensive

The Vlad tepes of our times likes Mercedes too!

When he's not busy hosting sobriety challenged french actors of course;

Perhaps a bit of a body language there though?

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Even African & Asian dictators prefer M-Bs.. AFAIR..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

xpensive
xpensive

J.A.W. wrote:Even African & Asian dictators prefer M-Bs.. AFAIR..
They do indeed ;

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

What Abyss?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

xpensive
xpensive

Ciro Pabón wrote: ...
Oh, for the love of Pete, you incorregible , hard headed and friendly Nordic! Does Microsoft sound like luxury brand to you?
Does Renault strike you as a luxury brand?

Other esteemed Mercedes lovers;

But not this charmer, he only trusted his Zil;

kooleracer
kooleracer

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/42783/ ... er-vincere
Formula 1
The Mercedes has spent 480 million to win
But the 2013 budget was closed with a surplus of 8.2 million. In short, money well spent ...
October 17, 2014 16:06 The Mercedes has spent 480 million to win
The Mercedes how much he spent to win the world championship of Formula 1 ? The answer came promptly with the publication at the British Chamber of Commerce of the company's financial statements for the year 2013 . A awaken feeling are the figures reported by the three-pointed star: 408 million euro ! There is no doubt that with this budget the Silver Arrows team also won the pole position financial, in addition to fresh Constructors' title.

In fact, the makers Mercedes are keen to explain that the budget last year was "inflated" the costs of the start-up of new power unit and that 75 per cent of the costs were covered by sponsorships and income came from FOM , for which the German mark would contribute only 25 per cent of the budget.

Looking more specifically shows that the management team of Brackley has affected the accounts for 240 million of the € 408 million total, while the area of Brixworth , where they produce the power unit declares a cost of 168 million euro. It should be clarified that the investment is not just about the current power unit: count computes, in fact, the costs for the provision of the naturally aspirated 2.4-liter V8 engines last year and the research carried out by the department AMG road cars .

A part of the expense would be recovered through the provision of PU106 A customer teams: McLaren, Williams and Force India . Considering that every contract should be worth about 20 million euro of it can be assumed a recovery of more than 60 million euro . So much so that the budget was eventually closed with a profit of 8.2 million euro . When you say that the money was well spent ...
Winning the championship with a profit, I think that's money well spent.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

+2. Obviously, there will be a huge amount of investment speding on the 2015 year aswell, but - i highly doubt it'll be as high as 480 mil as it was in 2013. Regarding the fact Mercedes has a huge advantage still over the rest of the field - only Mercedes-powered Williams seems to be able to come 'in the vincinity' of the Mercedes outfit (speedwise), it's safe to assume that the 'benefit' will be taken into the 2015 year, too.

Looking at the 'ease' Mercedes is blasting away from the entire rest of the field - as long as there are no reliability issues, but, doesn't that count for every outfit in the field? - and concidering the surprising 'extra boost' the Merc is able to put in the race when they 'might' become in danger of a rival team......they seem to have not been even slamming in the full monty....

which could even house more dominance for the 2015 season > thus, 480m spending with a double-year benefit, perhaps even more.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Miguel
Miguel

Ciro Pabón wrote:Hey, you have a sense of humour! Who would have guessed? :D

Please, repost the last image, something's wrong with it.

I imagine but cannot see our natural resource: contraband? Rebellion? Satan? Cannibalism? Magic? Enthusiasm? Contempt for gringos? :P Stop the suspense, please...
Starts with C, ends with E. And someone told me locals have some powder substitute instead of the real thing, because that's all for exports. We're obviously talking about coffee, right?
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

AnthonyG

xpensive wrote:
J.A.W. wrote:Even African & Asian dictators prefer M-Bs.. AFAIR..
They do indeed ;

http://www.drivespark.com/img/2013/04/1 ... s-benz.jpg
I have a better picture of that car.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

AnthonyG

kooleracer wrote:http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/42783/ ... er-vincere
Formula 1
The Mercedes has spent 480 million to win
But the 2013 budget was closed with a surplus of 8.2 million. In short, money well spent ...
October 17, 2014 16:06 The Mercedes has spent 480 million to win
The Mercedes how much he spent to win the world championship of Formula 1 ? The answer came promptly with the publication at the British Chamber of Commerce of the company's financial statements for the year 2013 . A awaken feeling are the figures reported by the three-pointed star: 408 million euro ! There is no doubt that with this budget the Silver Arrows team also won the pole position financial, in addition to fresh Constructors' title.

In fact, the makers Mercedes are keen to explain that the budget last year was "inflated" the costs of the start-up of new power unit and that 75 per cent of the costs were covered by sponsorships and income came from FOM , for which the German mark would contribute only 25 per cent of the budget.

Looking more specifically shows that the management team of Brackley has affected the accounts for 240 million of the € 408 million total, while the area of Brixworth , where they produce the power unit declares a cost of 168 million euro. It should be clarified that the investment is not just about the current power unit: count computes, in fact, the costs for the provision of the naturally aspirated 2.4-liter V8 engines last year and the research carried out by the department AMG road cars .

A part of the expense would be recovered through the provision of PU106 A customer teams: McLaren, Williams and Force India . Considering that every contract should be worth about 20 million euro of it can be assumed a recovery of more than 60 million euro . So much so that the budget was eventually closed with a profit of 8.2 million euro . When you say that the money was well spent ...
Winning the championship with a profit, I think that's money well spent.
If you spent 480million and have a profit of 8.2, that's not money well spent, that's just practically break even.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

"...German mark would contribute only 25% of the budget."?
But don't they use/own the Euro - these days?
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).