Black Hole comparison (will blow your mind)

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
variante

Re: Black Hole comparison (will blow your mind)

Yes, directly the entanglement doesn't give us the chance to send information of our choice.

However what i think is the key of this all is the nature of the phenomenon: why and how are those quantum states associated? It's the anwer to these questions, which is still unknown to us, the one that could open to our eyes a new and amazing scenario.

Someone could also speculate, in the desperate attempt to give an explanation, that the so called "hidden variables" could reveal us a further dimension where space (either time) contrapts to 0, a dimension intimately related to the entangled particles which allows them to share the same data; this behaviour would result, in ordinary space/time, in a FTL communication, without directly breaking relativity's laws.

Curiously, there are even less conventional explanations investigated by the scientific community...

Shrieker

SectorOne wrote:found a nice illustration on how many earths can fit in the sun.

http://i.imgur.com/W4Wrj9W.png
I like reddit too :)

Funny if you read that topic and the comments below, some1 has posted the vid. that started this topic. In the end, everything comes full circle.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

SectorOne

I´ll give a response after work Variante, 5:30 and i have to go to work soon :)
Shrieker wrote:
SectorOne wrote:found a nice illustration on how many earths can fit in the sun.

http://i.imgur.com/W4Wrj9W.png
I like reddit too :)

Funny if you read that topic and the comments below, some1 has posted the vid. that started this topic. In the end, everything comes full circle.
Don´t read Reddit, found it on imgur.com which i guess is Reddit´s number 1 image uploading service.
think it was created by some redditors as well.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SectorOne

variante wrote:Yes, directly the entanglement doesn't give us the chance to send information of our choice.

However what i think is the key of this all is the nature of the phenomenon: why and how are those quantum states associated? It's the anwer to these questions, which is still unknown to us, the one that could open to our eyes a new and amazing scenario.

Someone could also speculate, in the desperate attempt to give an explanation, that the so called "hidden variables" could reveal us a further dimension where space (either time) contrapts to 0, a dimension intimately related to the entangled particles which allows them to share the same data; this behaviour would result, in ordinary space/time, in a FTL communication, without directly breaking relativity's laws.

Curiously, there are even less conventional explanations investigated by the scientific community...
Well i think first of all in order to fully understand Quantum Entanglement you need every scientist to work with the same quantum theory.

Right now there´s like 6-7 different ones with i guess Many-Worlds, Copenhagen Interpretation and Bohmian Mechanics leading the pack.

Once that´s sorted out one would have a better foundation to work from and understand what exactly is going on.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

autogyro
autogyro

Well i think first of all in order to fully understand Quantum Entanglement you need every scientist to work with the same quantum theory.

Right now there´s like 6-7 different ones with i guess Many-Worlds, Copenhagen Interpretation and Bohmian Mechanics leading the pack.

Once that´s sorted out one would have a better foundation to work from and understand what exactly is going on.
Its just qualified guess work really.
Get a few degrees and a wheelchair and you might gain a Nobel prize if you can guess well enough.

SectorOne

autogyro wrote:Its just qualified guess work really.
Get a few degrees and a wheelchair and you might gain a Nobel prize if you can guess well enough.
Hawking has zero Nobel Prizes.

And qualified guess work actually works believe it or not. It just takes years to confirm or deny the theories.
Some theories can be shot down much earlier though, like the electric universe theory.

bdr529

Andres125sx wrote:
MadMatt wrote: I disagree. We can see if there is life around us. It is just 500'000 years old, but it could (and would) be a lot different than us, so it doesn't matter. And still, we cannot really see details on planets we see, only their shape. Go find a half a meter radius square on a planet million miles away, it is impossible.

I think we are not alone (who think otherwise is mad), it is just that we haven't found them yet. With billion of galaxies containining million of solar systems with dozens of planets, there has to be at least one with life in it.
Agree, but that´s what I was trying to point... How could we found them?

We can´t. Even if we build a telescope 1.000.000 times better than hubble and we can see any planets surface, we still couldn´t see if there´s a civilization because those planets are millions light years far so we would be watching how was that planet millions years back, not today, so we simply can´t find any coetaneous civilization because of this simple reason

The only chance to realice if there´s any other civilization out there is if they come here and show up themselves, if not we can´t know by ourselves
How would they know to come here ? wouldn't they also have the same problem trying to find us, as we have trying to find them

Richard
Richard

bdr529 wrote:How would they know to come here ? wouldn't they also have the same problem trying to find us, as we have trying to find them
Aha - we already have something on that, here's a link to a post to get you started
:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 57#p399757

autogyro
autogyro

SectorOne wrote:
autogyro wrote:Its just qualified guess work really.
Hawking has zero Nobel Prizes.

And qualified guess work actually works believe it or not. It just takes years to confirm or deny the theories.
Some theories can be shot down much earlier though, like the electric universe theory.
Artificial Moon guess or theory?

SectorOne

autogyro wrote:Artificial Moon guess or theory?
I´m not even sure what you are talking about to be honest, please expand.

autogyro
autogyro

SectorOne wrote:
autogyro wrote:Artificial Moon guess or theory?
I´m not even sure what you are talking about to be honest, please expand.
Some qualified people are suggesting that the Moon was placed where it is by an outside intelligence.
This is based on studies that confirm the low mass of the Moon and its size and position which is almost unbelievable when considering the formation and development of life on Earth.
The Moon formed at the same time as the Earth and of the same crust material.
Scientists cannot explain this.

SectorOne

autogyro wrote:Some qualified people are suggesting that the Moon was placed where it is by an outside intelligence.
Who are these qualified people you speak of? And are you talking about the spaceship moon theory?
The moon being hollow and all that?

Disproven through basic calculations.
autogyro wrote:This is based on studies that confirm the low mass of the Moon and its size and position which is almost unbelievable when considering the formation and development of life on Earth.
So the low mass of the moon, coupled with it´s size means aliens put it there.
And how does that tie with "considering the formation and development of life on earth" other then making sure we have tides and seasons?
autogyro wrote:The Moon formed at the same time as the Earth and of the same crust material.
Scientists cannot explain this.
....yet

You need patience. You´re like the religious person, "oh scientists can´t explain this so god did it".

It´s like people expect scientists to know everything from birth.

autogyro
autogyro

I have not said 'god did it'.

I said an intelligent 'thing' could have.

I have seen no calculations to disprove this.

I was asking if this would be a theory or a guess?

I see 14 years of gravity wave science has so far turned up absolutely nothing so far.

Scientific theory or guess?

Or just a grant mine for trips to antartica?

SectorOne

You're all over the place Autogyro.
Im asking you questions so answer those please, im not even sure what moon theories you are referring to and have to guess what you are talking about.

Gravitational waves comes from Einsteins equations, yes thats a scientific theory.

SectorOne

MadMatt wrote:Is it even possible that all the universe was contained in like an egg? That makes you feel like you are nothing. If you begin to understand how big all this is, you might start to feel sick because you realize we are NOTHING. Ego dissolution of some sort :)
How can it make you feel like you are nothing?
The universe screams at you, "do you know what i am" and you can just respond "dude, i AM you..."
It´s a scientific fact we are all one, whether you like it or not.

People continuously think they are separate from the universe itself when in reality you literally are the inverse.