Black Hole comparison (will blow your mind)

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
turbof1

Re: Black Hole comparison (will blow your mind)

SectorOne wrote:
MadMatt wrote:Is it even possible that all the universe was contained in like an egg? That makes you feel like you are nothing. If you begin to understand how big all this is, you might start to feel sick because you realize we are NOTHING. Ego dissolution of some sort :)
How can it make you feel like you are nothing?
The universe screams at you, "do you know what i am" and you can just respond "dude, i AM you..."
It´s a scientific fact we are all one, whether you like it or not.

People continuously think they are separate from the universe itself when in reality you literally are the inverse.
Kanye West, is that you? :P
#AeroFrodo

George-Jung
George-Jung

We are all made out of 'stardust' and the atoms that form our entire body are as old as the universe itself..

also if you have a tiny needle.. and you press it somewhere in any surface you chose..
That small hole you just created compared to the size of earth, is way bigger than earth compared to the entire universe..
I always find that a very intriguing thought.. :|

autogyro
autogyro

Of course the truth is that the Moon is a hollow orbiting space ship.
It has an on board holo projector and everything further out than its orbit is a virtual construct.
I am sure some scientist can come up with an equation to support this theory.

SectorOne

George-Jung wrote:We are all made out of 'stardust' and the atoms that form our entire body are as old as the universe itself..
The cool thing is that the atoms in your right arm could be from an entirely different star then those from your left arm.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Chuckjr

SectorOne wrote:
MadMatt wrote:Is it even possible that all the universe was contained in like an egg? That makes you feel like you are nothing. If you begin to understand how big all this is, you might start to feel sick because you realize we are NOTHING. Ego dissolution of some sort :)
How can it make you feel like you are nothing?
The universe screams at you, "do you know what i am" and you can just respond "dude, i AM you..."
It´s a scientific fact we are all one, whether you like it or not.

People continuously think they are separate from the universe itself when in reality you literally are the inverse.
I don't think that. I agree with your statement.

Alan Watts obliterates the whole idea of separateness using only common sense in this 26 min monologue.
https://youtu.be/eKcwWgEciJQ
Watching F1 since 1986.

autogyro
autogyro

Hmm interesting talk, Dark Energy anyone?

SectorOne

Cool star, btw if you haven´t subbed to this channel, do it now, lots of awesome videos.

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

smokeduv
smokeduv

autogyro wrote:Hmm interesting talk, Dark Energy anyone?
That's something really interesting, although most of it is unknown. And it's even more amazing that dark energy, along with dark matter accounts for like 95% of all the universe and we know almost nothing about them.

Chuckjr

Good talk along the lines of the dialog here in regards to the world being something other than what science says it is. Heres the opening of the talk transcribed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um6SX3ZgJRs

"I find it a little difficult to say what the subject matter of this seminar is going to be, because it's too fundamental to give it a title. I'm going to talk about what there is. Now, the first thing, though, that we have to do is to get our perspectives with some background about the basic ideas that, as Westerners living today in the United States, influence our everyday common sense, our fundamental notions about what life is about. And there are historical origins for this, which influence us more strongly than most people realize. Ideas of the world which are built into the very nature of the language we use, and of our ideas of logic, and of what makes sense altogether.

And these basic ideas I call myth, not using the word 'myth' to mean simply something untrue, but to use the word 'myth' in a more powerful sense. A myth is an image in terms of which we try to make sense of the world. Now, for example, a myth in a way is a metaphore. If you want to explain electricity to someone who doesn't know anything about electricity, you say, well, you talk about an electric current. Now, the word 'current' is borrowed from rivers. It's borrowed from hydrolics, and so you explain electricity in terms of water. Now, electricity is not water, it behaves actually in a different way, but there are some ways in which the behavior of water is like the behavior of electricty, and so you explain it in terms of water. Or if you're an astronomer, and you want to explain to people what you mean by an expanding universe and curved space, you say, 'well, it's as if you have a black balloon, and there are white dots on the black balloon, and those dots represent galaxies, and as you blow the balloon up, uniformly all of them grow farther and farther apart. But you're using an analogy--the universe is not actually a black balloon with white dots on it.

So in the same way, we use these sort of images to try and make sense of the world, and we at present are living under the influence of two very powerful images, which are, in the present state of scientific knowledge, inadequate, and one of the major problems today are to find an adequate, satisfying image of the world. Well that's what I'm going to talk about. And I'm going to go further than that, not only what image of the world to have, but how we can get our sensations and our feelings in accordance with the most sensible image of the world that we can manage to conceive."
Watching F1 since 1986.

V12-POWER
V12-POWER

sadly these black holes are just a big piece of rock. wonder if such gravitational force actually deforms space-time

SectorOne

V12-POWER wrote:sadly these black holes are just a big piece of rock. wonder if such gravitational force actually deforms space-time
No they´re not rocks. And yes they do warp space-time.
Our sun does it as well, which means we can see stars that are behind it.