Formula 1 Codemasters game

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
smak

Formula 1 Codemasters game

How can the recent game of F1 2015 be compared to real F1 in terms of simulation, tyre wearout and such stuff.
Overall, how much percentage does it simulate real F1 correctly.
I want the answer from F1 engineers preferably (I'm no crew of the gamemakers; am just a small gamer)

mertol

Re: Formula 1 Codemasters game

F1 2015 is utter crap. It's full of bugs and it's not realistic at all. Stay away from it.

RZS10

I can only compare F1 2015 to Assetto Corsa with a F1 mod driven with a wheel (not controller) ... compared to Assetto F1 2015 does not give any feedback through the wheel, the tracks seem flat, it's very easy to drive except for an exaggerated power oversteer out of slow corners, which does not announce itself through the force feedback at all, i believe they might be creating that effect by lowering the track grip in certain areas.

It's crap.

It's sad that an old game like F1 Challenge 99-02 was many times as good as the games by Codemasters... but those are basically the only choice you have...

bauc

Well, your topic title says it all, Formula 1 GAME, its not a simulator by any means, and its just that, a game to enjoy for F1 fans and others who love racing games.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mertol

It's bad for a game too. Too many bugs and glitches for any enjoyment.

mzivtins

In the term of simulator, f1 2015 indeed IS the ONLY formula 1 simulator of the 2015 season available.

Yes it has issues, but it is the best formula 1 simulator out there. It has fully licensed liveries, tracks and follows the race schedule of the year. Therefore, it is indeed a formula one simulator.

If we are referring to the car models ability to adhere to the track model in a way that reflects physics accurately, then we have problems. But this is a formula 1 2015 simulator, not a dynamic physics simulator.

Apples and Oranges.

mertol

It's not a simulator by any means. It's a simcade at best.

smak

Where can I find a close to perfect simulator? More realistic than F1 2015?

SiLo

smak wrote:Where can I find a close to perfect simulator? More realistic than F1 2015?
rFactor is pretty good for handling physics.
Felipe Baby!

rscsr

SiLo wrote:
smak wrote:Where can I find a close to perfect simulator? More realistic than F1 2015?
rFactor2
rFactor is pretty dated. Especially the FFB and Tyres are way better simulated in rFactor2 than rFactor

mertol

Rfactors have the ability to simulate it but it all depends on how good your mod is. Still better than codemasters.

mzivtins

mertol wrote:It's not a simulator by any means. It's a simcade at best.
It is a simulator. Is a Formalu 1 2015 season simulator.

It has all the tracks, weather, rules, logos, voices, sounds, teams, practices, quali's, races and drivers.

It IS a simulator.

It never set out to be a driving physics simulator. which it is NOT. It did however set out to be a F1 2015 simulator, which it does a fantastic job of doing.

mzivtins

SiLo wrote:
rFactor is does not have licensed F1 content, therefore it cannot be a Formula 1 simulator. a driving simulator maybe. But NOT an F1 simulator.

SiLo

mzivtins wrote:
SiLo wrote:
rFactor is does not have licensed F1 content, therefore it cannot be a Formula 1 simulator. a driving simulator maybe. But NOT an F1 simulator.
You can download mods to get the cars and the tracks, admittedly you won't get all the sessions and the championship etc, but driving wise it will be much better.
Felipe Baby!

rscsr

mzivtins wrote:
mertol wrote:It's not a simulator by any means. It's a simcade at best.
It is a simulator. Is a Formalu 1 2015 season simulator.

It has all the tracks, weather, rules, logos, voices, sounds, teams, practices, quali's, races and drivers.

It IS a simulator.

It never set out to be a driving physics simulator. which it is NOT. It did however set out to be a F1 2015 simulator, which it does a fantastic job of doing.
Well it always depends on what you want to get from it. For me a racing game should be pretty top notch in the physics department. And the physics in the F1 series is pretty awful from a simulation perspective.