Xpensive has passed away

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
stefan_

Re: Xpensive has passed away

Very sad news. I'll drink a glass for you today, man - you will be missed.

Rest in peace, brother.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Morteza

RIP, X.

He was one of the first F1technical members I communicated with through PMs. I sure will miss him.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

pgfpro

Very sad news.

I to had some disagreements with X back in the 2012 in the "Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula" thread but he challenged me to explain my point of view and in the end we worked it out and I think I earned his respect? I will miss him and his way of calling out the BS.

RIP my friend
building the perfect beast

Racer X

Cheers to this mate thank you for sharing. I got schooled one or two times by xpensive. May he rest in peace'.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

marcush.

Long time no login in this place and a sad reason to come back .
X, as I called him was the salt in this place , at least he was for me.
I do not remember exactly when and why but somehow I catched his attention and over the years we developped a very good friendship first here in F1t which extended as far as meeting privately in person and coming tantalisingly close to actually working together on a project he was working on.
I might be one of the few who never ever had a bad word or thrown tantrums at so I had a very different X-perience with Thomas compared to most of the people in this Forum and i can honestly state he made my life more enjoyable and the world a better place for me.
I had always thought I knew a bit more about Formula 1 but he seemed to have always something bizarre and intriguing up his sleeve I did not have the faintest idea of .
He is already sadly missed in my life .
It´s actually nice to see a lot of posts from people here who miss his controversial personality and provocative style as well and for me it is also a good opportunity to thank F1t for supplying a platform where I was able to make friends like Thomas .

marcush.

Here´s the link to Thomas favorite story in formula 1:

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/archi ... new-gp-car

the last I heard from him the other week was :"What do you think ,we both could do that if not for those damned modern PUs ..., wouldn´t it be awfully nice to have written in your CV .designed ,build and campaigned a formula 1 car?" I could only agree.

GSBellew

RIP, never met nor knew him personally but always found his posts informative and interesting to read.

My thoughts are with his family.

Steven
Owner

It's probably no secret that I, and most other mods here had a love-hate relationship with him. He's been a handful at times, and navigated on the lines of what was considered acceptable, but matters were likely complicated due to the interwebs. Typing skews the perspective all too much.

In any case, it was never dull with him, nor were the posts he wrote. I'm sure he did all that with passion.

Ciao

diego1960

X was one of the few posters who seemed to know so much about the sport, always enjoyed his posts. The forum is less interesting now, and has been for a while. He was I believe one of the 2 or 3 posters here with whom I've had a lengthy conversation through PM's, even if it was years ago. I really liked the guy.

RIP X, you will be missed.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

miguelalvesreis

RIP Xpensive
You and your posts will be missed
You were one of the those who have drawn my attention to this forum! Glad you did it! :)

Vai com Deus, descansa em paz!

J.A.W.

All must die.. fact..

& sadly, under the circumstances, it seems no 'Motorhead's Valhalla' - for gritty, grumpy, old 'spensive..

Ah well.. anyhow.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV6noHEd6XE

Rock on, those who will..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

ds.raikkonen

Sorry to hear about Xpensive, RIP :(
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

PlatinumZealot

I am only seeing this thread now!!..should been in general chat but... holy crap! Gone too soon. :(
Only God, he knows.

Rest in peace Xpensive
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

FoxHound wrote:Sad news, and my sincere condolences to his family.
In a former life as JET, we xchanged (colourfully at times)opinion aplenty.

The world is a less interesting place without him.

Vai com deus, x.
Ok.. so you were JET.. I see...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

timbo

Ouch...
Also just seeing the thread now, wasn't that often on the forum for a while.

RIP
:(