Future of F1 according to Renault

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
oetger

J.A.W.

Re: Future of F1 according to Renault

More night races?

Sure, why not..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

MiamiSilverArrows

Sort of Tron-like? Not a bad thing IMO.. And movable Aero would be a simple solution for high drag cars that only need the Downforce in the corners. Would allow for cars to follow one another.

MiamiSilverArrows

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12473/ ... lar-images
Renault have revealed their vision for the future of the sport, releasing stunning images of what they believe the cars could look like in 10 years' time.
Outlining their findings in Shanghai to mark 40 years in Formula 1, the French team believe F1 2027 could bring 'a more human-centric championship with drivers at the heart of the sport, as illustrated by a transparent cockpit and a transparent helmet that allow the drivers to be seen in the heat of the action'.
They also anticipate 'a more spectacular show' thanks to LED lighting on the car wheels and moving aerodynamic parts, while there could be 'more extensive interaction between the cars and greater connection with spectators', where fans could view the telemetry data of their favourite driver, for example.
On top of that, they predict 'ultra-high-performance', but safer, racing, and a more 'environmentally-respectful' form of F1.
I love this lower profile. Combination of Ground effects, and move-able aero. Beautiful car.

Tim.Wright

MiamiSilverArrows wrote:
19 Apr 2017, 16:18
Would allow for cars to follow one another.
How so? You are creating turbulence in the corners at the moment when the following cars need downforce and you are reducing the slipstream effect along the straight at the moment that the following cars need it to position themselves for an overtake. It's practically lose-lose.
Not the engineer at Force India

f1316

It always amazes how simple the front wings (edit: and rear wings for that matter) are on all the future concepts the teams put together - I guess in this case it's a consequence of active aero - but I do find it interesting that they always go for these aesthetically pleasing wings that run contrary to current trends.

By and large I like the ideas though - lower, lighter, less drag (but still quick in corners) and with a safe cockpit that still looks cool (transparent helmet is a nice idea too!)

Some of the 'spice up the race weekend' ideas are less good (please no fan boost!!!) but I do like the idea of the rookie race.

J.A.W.

What is Renault's comment re: the apparent AWD set-up?
Is it something from the Nissan race program?
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).