Play station 3 F1 game

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
vyselegend

I could test the game on PS3 last week end and honnestly it seemed very decent. Actually the 2006 PS2 game was already a big improvement over the horrible 2005 version, but it was still ugly graphics.

The PS3 version is really beautifull, while keeping the decent physics of the last game. Only thing that bothered me was the triggers buttons L2 & R2 used for downshift and upshift have a long course on the new dual shock (like a x box trigger) and that was annoying at the beginning, but you get used to it in three laps.
I'm sure there will be a good steering/pedals package for PS3 soon, but I don't think it will be a formula one type.

I was also impressed by the Gran Turismo HD graphics! but the demo is really poor, with only one track (mountain type with slow hairpins) and no opponent! you can only set a time or drift. That's cheap...

modbaraban

vyselegend wrote:I'm sure there will be a good steering/pedals package for PS3 soon, but I don't think it will be a formula one type.
There is a selection of them already, but not F1 type, unless you want to spend much more for custom stuff. I looked at thatarea recently and it looks like a LogitechDFP wheel (that works with both PC or PS2/3) + F1 type MOMO wheel with Frex electronics should cost above 500$ plus shipping. And there won't be any clutch paddles or clutch pedal... unless you spend another 400-500$ for a custom 3-pedal set :roll:

DaveKillens

The PS3 has 4 USB inputs, and I have found one wheel that definitely works on it.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gamin ... /&cl=us,en

It is my experience that all console games are designed with a very small learning curve. Usually, it just takes a few minutes to learn how to play decent, and in the world of serious sim racing, that's far from the reality.
I've played PC sim racing games for a very long time, and to be seriouslycompetitive, it takes hundreds, thousands of laps.
I have a G25 wheel, and it's decent. There's nothing I have seen that doesn't lead me to believe that a G25 could not work on a PS3.

C/\D

As a man who is interested in simulations so much. Ps3's F1 couldn't satisfied me so much. First the game is very far away from 'simulation'. It feels lika an arcade game. The graphics are enough. There are very good special effects such as sunshine, rained vision ...etc. But its still a video game. I dont say its boring or terrible, Its enjoyable as a video - game. But still very far from a simulation. In this game, you can take over whoever you want, you can rush to the corners at a high speed and easily slow your car by breaking at the end of the corner :). So that you can continue without spinning. But i always look for reality from the race games. I can advise Net Kar Pro which is not an F1 sim but the most succesful simulation of open wheeled cars. I've ever seen.
Or you can try rFactor, Toca, Live for Speed .... For Pc.
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

naknak_56

Yea Netkar totally rules as i mentioned in the other thread!!!! Totally on a different level to all the other "sims" out there.
If you can read this your connection is faster than 56k