Becoming better at racing games.

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
doopie2you

Re: Becoming better at racing games.

Just keep practising, try to make every lap the same. If you practise enough you will succeed! And the gear you are using, is not very important you just get used to your own control system! But i've got this one on my PC: http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.asp ... atformID=5

With clutch, and it is not expansive !
What does IDK means?? (someone) i dont know (other dude) OMG no one knows

alexcharles

pjobmathew wrote:Does any one have a patch to make Grand Prix Legends run on XP :?: :?:
Search on youtube..you'll easily get it over there :wink: :wink:

SectorOne

Rule #1 - get a wheel and pedals (Logitech G27 is a good starter-wheel)

Rule #2 - get a good racing sim (iRacing, Rfactor, Assetto Corsa, Game Stockcar etc)

Rule #3 - learn the theory of going fast around a racetrack. Read books on lines, watch videos and study the pro´s.
You can do a thousand laps around a track but if you don´t understand the theory of going fast (lines etc) you´ll never be quick.

Rule #4 - practice practice practice practice.

Rule #4,5 - Download as many setups as you can for that particular track/car combo. Find out what balance suits you.

Rule #5 - no matter how much you practice, there´s always some guys that will be quicker then you.

Advanced stuff:

Learn how to make your own setups, download a telemetry software and learn how that works.
Analyse the data, work with a guy that loves building setups, tell him what you feel on track and get an improved setup.

That last part is the most fun part for a driver. Just log laps with your teammates, have one guy analyse it, go through how your lines differ, what you entry speeds are, where you can improve, where you are strong, what the car needs etc etc.

Enjoy the fruits of the work put in.

iRacing has proper endurance racing now as well, with driver swaps and stuff.
Imagine a F1Technical team with all the know-how here and some drivers to field cars in full F1T liveries.
There´s loads of leagues and loads of people broadcasting these events.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

mertol

I could participate in an f1technical team altho I don't like gt3 because of all the aids. I can also paint the liveries. Here is my tradingpaints profile:
http://www.tradingpaints.com/profile/33 ... tol-Shahin