The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Belatti

Re: The "Fanboy Ying Yang" thread

You know, F1Technical is THAT technical that even Psychology or Marketing students can use its threads now to run investigations about human conducts and stuff. Yes! We get technical even for chicken-egg threads :D
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

i70q7m7ghw

Re: F1 man of the year

Tomba wrote: I'd vote for Newey for his excellent car. As said before, it was by a considerable margin the best of the non-DDD cars and would have outclassed everyone this year.

I can agree that Brawn did a good job, but the car itself really is a Honda design which they chose after developing three different concepts. That was really a no-limit budget contrary to what Red Bull have at their disposal (although not poor, it's not in comparison to McLaren or Honda).
What do you think happened when Honda pullled out? Everyone left and completely new people came in to the team? I don't think so. Honda sold the team and the name changed. The Honda engine department left and took its engine with it, so no advantage gained there. The guys who designed the car are still part of Brawn, sadly some had to leave.

The statement "the car itself really is a Honda design" is complete tripe. It's Brawn's design, Honda build engines. Honda's money POSSIBLY made the design happen, sure, but the car was designed by the design team working at Honda who are the same design team that are working at Brawn (maybe minus a few unlucky people).

Ross Brawn is my choice for man of the year (this is a bit sexist no?). He saved the team and he saved alot of peoples jobs and he showed us that is was so worth saving.

Driver of the year is Kimi, he had some great drives and had some unlucky race like Brazil with the flash fire, like China with the KERS failure and still kept going when others would have just parked it.

I think alot of people are really really unfair to Kimi when it comes to his motivation. People tend to mis-read him and assume lack of emotion and motivation when I think really it's more of a language barrier and a dislike for the media who we all know are mostly a bunch of drama hungry tossers.

ISLAMATRON

LH has twice as many wins as Kimi, and might be about to add another one... Massa was matching Kimi while he was still in the seat... Kimi has only really shined since Bad oder and Fisi have been next to him.

MAn of the YEar... probably Brawn

Driver O/T year... toss up between Button & LH

Mr Alcatraz

ISLAMATRON wrote:LH has twice as many wins as Kimi, and might be about to add another one... Massa was matching Kimi while he was still in the seat... Kimi has only really shined since Bad oder and Fisi have been next to him.

Your opinnion takes me completely by surprise :lol:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

James

ISLAMATRON wrote:LH has twice as many wins as Kimi, and might be about to add another one... Massa was matching Kimi while he was still in the seat... Kimi has only really shined since Bad oder and Fisi have been next to him.

MAn of the YEar... probably Brawn

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see what you did there, LH does have twice as many as Kimi - but it is also true that he has just one more :lol: it's all a matter of perspective.

It's arguable the mclaren has been better than the ferrari for the bulk of this year - it has certainly had more development

ISLAMATRON

Does not change the fact that Massa was whooping Kimi when he was still in the seat.

And LH's win total could easily be 4 rather than 2, taking into account Germany & VAlencia.

Kimi has no claim to Driver O/T year.

James

I'm not saying he does, but he deserves it about as much as Lewis.

ISLAMATRON

Yes because LH only has more wins, podiums, points & poles.

James

It's all a matter of perspective. He only has one more point despite having more poles and a team that has continued to develop their car.

If the statistics are all that's important lets just agree it's button

ISLAMATRON

ok

Edit: it is not just statistics that are important... but when all the numbers point in one direction it tends to be overwhelming, plus LH passed Kimi like 5 times in China, that alone does it for me :wink:

James

:wink: settled

you can prove anything with statistics, 95% of people know that :D

ds.raikkonen

Here we go again...Kimi Vs Lewis. Cant you people give it a rest?
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

ISLAMATRON

someone has to show the Kimi fanboy c*ck sl*bb3rs some reality, just like the Ferrari fans allways do to the LEwis fanboy bvtt l1ck3rs
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 22 Oct 2009, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Profanities lacked "leetification"

James

lewis fans are always so refined!

Its all good fun, at least one of us was making good points :D

Richard

James wrote: It's arguable the mclaren has been better than the ferrari for the bulk of this year
Actually the points show otherwise about the car

The picture is confused by the red team having s change of drier mid season Take the points of the leading car for each team and ignore the second car. Then you'll find that the red car is some way ahead of the silver one.