The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
mnmracer

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

Jon_S wrote:
muhammad-13 wrote:Here are my thoughts form what i understand.

Vettel is finding very difficult to drive 2014 car because he is not used to drive with so much torque. It just does not suit his driving style. He is used to drive cars with so much down force and a planted rear end with almost no wheel spin. So Red Bull found In P1 that Vettel won't be driving so good in this car so they wanted to give him a car that is more to his liking and played with engine maps and software to control the torque. This same thing happened in 2012 when he was struggling at the start of the season. And I am pretty confident that it would be Vettel who demanded the change in cars software and maps because he surely didn't wanted to get out-qualified and out-raced by a new and less experienced team mate.

Vettel adapted EBD so good that it is very hard for him to turn back and change his driving style quickly, unlike Riccardo.
Yes, because that '07 BMW in which he became the youngest driver ever to score points in his first race (record broken by Kvyat this weekend), and that '08 Toro Rosso in which he became the youngest driver to ever get a pole and win a race, finishing the championship 8th ahead of both RBRs, were cars with EBD and an obvious downforce advantage compared to their rivals.

He has already proven he can do very well without driving the best car before joining Red Bull, even if some people want/seem to forget. And he is quite good in the wet.
He'll be fine.
I thought that was kind of hilarious last year.
"I hope it's raining in Brazil so Vettel won't take pole position and win".
It rains in qualifying, and Vettel takes pole by 0.7s to Rosberg and more than a second to Alonso and Webber :lol:

Juzh

mnmracer wrote: I thought that was kind of hilarious last year.
"I hope it's raining in Brazil so Vettel won't take pole position and win".
It rains in qualifying, and Vettel takes pole by 0.7s to Rosberg and more than a second to Alonso and Webber :lol:
Yeah, I also remember all sky pundits go on about for days how rain will be the equalizer, levelling up the playing field and so on.

muhammad-13

Jon_S wrote:
muhammad-13 wrote:Here are my thoughts form what i understand.

Vettel is finding very difficult to drive 2014 car because he is not used to drive with so much torque. It just does not suit his driving style. He is used to drive cars with so much down force and a planted rear end with almost no wheel spin. So Red Bull found In P1 that Vettel won't be driving so good in this car so they wanted to give him a car that is more to his liking and played with engine maps and software to control the torque. This same thing happened in 2012 when he was struggling at the start of the season. And I am pretty confident that it would be Vettel who demanded the change in cars software and maps because he surely didn't wanted to get out-qualified and out-raced by a new and less experienced team mate.

Vettel adapted EBD so good that it is very hard for him to turn back and change his driving style quickly, unlike Riccardo.
Yes, because that '07 BMW in which he became the youngest driver ever to score points in his first race (record broken by Kvyat this weekend), and that '08 Toro Rosso in which he became the youngest driver to ever get a pole and win a race, finishing the championship 8th ahead of both RBRs, were cars with EBD and an obvious downforce advantage compared to their rivals.

He has already proven he can do very well without driving the best car before joining Red Bull, even if some people want/seem to forget. And he is quite good in the wet.
He'll be fine.
I agree he did all of that but you fail to get my point. At the start of his career, he was not used to anything special. He was just a fresh driver trying to adapt what is given to him. He drove three different cars in three years. cars with totally different philosophy compared to each other. In last 4 years, He got used to extreme down force cars. in fact so much that he started to depend on the down force and not on his skill and ability. that is why it's difficult for him now to turn back and change his driving style.

mnmracer

muhammad-13 wrote:that is why it's difficult for him now to turn back and change his driving style.
But you have nothing to support that theory.
There has only been one session in which both Red Bull drivers have been on track and have no troubles; in that session Vettel was faster than Ricciardo. What basis do you have to make such a claim?

Pierce89

mnmracer wrote:
muhammad-13 wrote:that is why it's difficult for him now to turn back and change his driving style.
There has only been one session in which both Red Bull drivers have been on track and have no troubles; in that session Vettel was faster than Ricciardo. What basis do you have to make such a claim?
When will people ever learn that saying anything other than "Vettel is the best driver ever" will bring mnmracer raining his venom upon you. Oh and I can't forget Juzh. Why do you two find it absolutely neccesary to defend poor helplass Vettel? This season(if he doesn't have the best car) is his chance to prove he can really perform in a car that's great. I don't want to hear about Toro Rosso because in the second half of '08 the STR was a very good car, even Bourdais looked decent in it and he gets trounced in Indycars.

Just let Vettel's driving do the talking he doesn't need you guys defending him from the big bad bullies at F1T.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Juzh

Pierce89 wrote: When will people ever learn that saying anything other than "Vettel is the best driver ever" will bring mnmracer raining his venom upon you. Oh and I can't forget Juzh. Why do you two find it absolutely neccesary to defend poor helplass Vettel? This season(if he doesn't have the best car) is his chance to prove he can really perform in a car that's great. I don't want to hear about Toro Rosso because in the second half of '08 the STR was a very good car, even Bourdais looked decent in it and he gets trounced in Indycars.

Just let Vettel's driving do the talking he doesn't need you guys defending him from the big bad bullies at F1T.
So what you're saying basically is its okay to flame and misinform, but not okay to defend and correct. This topic wasn't started by either myself or mnmracer.

Hey, I'll give you an upvote just for the lulz, since everyone here seems to think your post greatly contributed to this discussion!

Juzh

On another note, if you dare to even think about writing anything that's not praising ham/alo/rai around here, or god forbid even make false statements about them, then you better be prepared for the onslaught of raging, delusional and ignorant comments coming at you faster than you can blink.

Manoah2u

Pierce89 wrote:
mnmracer wrote:
When will people ever learn that saying anything other than "Vettel is the best driver ever" will bring mnmracer raining his venom upon you. Oh and I can't forget Juzh. Why do you two find it absolutely neccesary to defend poor helplass Vettel? This season(if he doesn't have the best car) is his chance to prove he can really perform in a car that's great. I don't want to hear about Toro Rosso because in the second half of '08 the STR was a very good car, even Bourdais looked decent in it and he gets trounced in Indycars.

+2. if somebody is critical of a driver's performance or states the actual undeniable truth, that somebody else was better then vettel, you get labeled a vettel-hater and being ignorant and in denial, even though an interesting point is risen and brought to the attention, it's flooded on haterism and fanboyism. :roll: i thought there was a dumpster topic in the offtopic forum to dump all forms of fanboyism, even the slightest form of it apparantly. unless, it's about vettel?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

mnmracer

Pierce89 wrote:
mnmracer wrote:
When will people ever learn that saying anything other than "Vettel is the best driver ever" will bring mnmracer raining his venom upon you. Oh and I can't forget Juzh. Why do you two find it absolutely neccesary to defend poor helplass Vettel? This season(if he doesn't have the best car) is his chance to prove he can really perform in a car that's great.

Manoah2u wrote:+2. if somebody is critical of a driver's performance or states the actual undeniable truth, that somebody else was better then vettel, you get labeled a vettel-hater and being ignorant and in denial, even though an interesting point is risen and brought to the attention, it's flooded on haterism and fanboyism. :roll: i thought there was a dumpster topic in the offtopic forum to dump all forms of fanboyism, even the slightest form of it apparantly. unless, it's about vettel?
That is utter bullshit and you know it.
What makes me 'rain my venom' is the utter disregard for decent arguments with logical fallacies, double standards and sometimes just flat-out lies. That such are most of the time that is aimed at Vettel is no one's fault but those unintelligible enough to do so.

The fact that you are here defending something that is so utterly unintelligent; you should be ashamed of that. If you believe that there is even the tiniest bit of merit in what he said, why don't you go ahead and substantiate that rather than attack me.

Pierce89

I defended nothing anyone said. I only made the point that you feel some fraternal need to protect Vettel when he doesn't need your protection. When he wins a championship against competition with cars similar to his(Alonso had to beat Shumi in 06. In 07 and 08 the Ferrari and Mac a were fairly even) people will give him the same credit as Alonso, Hamilton, or Raikkonen.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

mnmracer

Pierce89 wrote:I defended nothing anyone said. I only made the point that you feel some fraternal need to protect Vettel when he doesn't need your protection. When he wins a championship against competition with cars similar to his(Alonso had to beat Shumi in 06. In 07 and 08 the Ferrari and Mac a were fairly even) people will give him the same credit as Alonso, Hamilton, or Raikkonen.
Based on what exactly, do you make that point?

The post that inspired your rant against me had nothing to do with Vettel and everything with someone poisoning a debate with uninformed logical fallacies.

munudeges

mnmracer wrote:
Very true. There's nothing to back that up at all apart from a bunch of fanboys jumping up and down on their keyboards over one race, where Vettel had obvious car problems, which supposedly is supposed to tell us about how his success has all been tied to a particular driving style. Presumably they are implying that that driving style is tied to having a blown diffuser or something. Nevermind that he won and firmly established himself in 2008 and 2009 without that concept ... Oops. #-o

lebesset

horner supports vettel

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/26811750

we allow our drivers freedom of expression !

personally I have grown sick and tired of horner speak ...I just hope bernie retires and persuades his bosses to appoint horner so that I don't have to listen to such puerile offerings any more

red bull boss ? sure , he can tell marko , newey and vettel what to do ...does nobody else think he is just the PR man , saying what he is told to say ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Juzh

Re: horner supports vettel

this belongs in team thread tbh. also what is the point of this thread anyway?

lkm9719

Re: Ferrari F14T

pls use push rod suspension for front to have better grip, since pull rod used , ferrari is not competitive at all, maclaren is the example which use pull rod. look at merc and redbulls or even lotus is up to speed .