The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Manoah2u

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season

Since it's somehow everytime bash-button time, i'll engage in defend-button time.

Button is a WDC. Barrichello in the same machine not. Fact.
Button is a WDC. All car? Sure it did help. So, if Button was lucky for his ride, so was vettel, 4 times in a row. :roll:
Schumacher is WDC. Barrichello in the same machine not. Fact. etc etc etc.

Button has shown his quality. No, he's not the 'devil on the track' like Alonso and Hamilton seem to be. Still, what has Alonso done the past years? Still, what has Hamilton done the past years? Hamilton is 1-time Champ aswell. So is Button.
Rosberg isn't. Button showed great performances in the past years, not to be taken lightly. Canada ring a bell? And that wasn't just one occasion. Qualify 3rd on Silverstone and finished 4th. Button is beating Magnussen soundly throughout the year untill now. Magnussen shined 1 short moment in the first race and POOF!!! it's all gone.

I think button can do better than what we've seen this year, but where is the push? Atleast sergio got serious with him in some track battles. It's like kevin doesn't even exist anymore. All button needs is a good push.

OK, end of button defense.

I think Button will have another 2015 run, paired with Alonso. Honda appreciates Button, and the combination works. Alonso is the lion in the team to battle to the teeth. Button will be right there with him and guarantee the WCC.
Magnussen out. He only has this 2014 seat becuase Mclaren screwed up somewhere and somehow could not not place him.
I'm sure 2015 will be different story. So it's off for K-Mag. He's just not made of the right material.

Hamilton - Rosberg for 2015 at Mercedes. 2016 I see a Hamilton at Ferrari replacing Kimi, paired with Bianchi.
Vettel to Mercedes in 2016. Kimi stops after 2015, Button after 2017, Alonso after 2018. I think Rosberg might
exit F1 and go for Le Mans or something after 2017, too, especially if the doesnt become champion this year.

Daniel Ricciardo, Sebastien Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Valterri Bottas and Romain Grosjean are the only names that i'd say are bound to be thoroughly present in F1 the coming years. Hulkenberg might be in there but i see him leaving for another class, too.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

George-Jung

Manoah2u wrote: Still, what has Alonso done the past years?
Are you serious? #-o

smr
smr

Someone who has won a race as one of your drivers probably.. just a wild guess!

Manoah2u

George-Jung wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: Still, what has Alonso done the past years?
Are you serious? #-o
did he gain championship the past 5 years? nope.
did he drive well? yes, i've got no bad words for alonso. but the same way button gets slammed
alonso would recieve slamming. I'm not picking on alonso, it's in the context.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

SectorOne

Alonso and Button should not even be mentioned in the same sentence.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Cam

SectorOne wrote:Alonso and Button should not even be mentioned in the same sentence.
Wow, that's a childish approach. Why not? Button proves that any driver, in the right car can win a WDC, unless you're suggesting Alonso transcends the car somehow?

Button didn't win his WDC by pulling it out of a wheaties packet. Neither did any other WDC driver. :roll:
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

SectorOne

Cam wrote:Wow, that's a childish approach. Why not? Button proves that any driver, in the right car can win a WDC, unless you're suggesting Alonso transcends the car somehow?
Well first of all i have to thank you for reading my response and copied some of it from the MotoGP thread ;)
But back to the point,
You needed Button to figure that out? this was clear long before Button even stepped into Formula 1.
And also, what does that say about Button? You pretty much degraded him in one sentence without knowing it.
Basically what you are saying is that if Button can, anyone can given the right car.
Not sure that´s the highest form of flattery.

I´m not saying Alonso transcends the car, i´m saying he can handle cars Button wish he could handle.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SectorOne

Cam wrote:Well, two can play the name calling game champ.
Well i think i had a bit more substance for mine when i got accused for hating Red Bull :)
But it´s all good, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Cam wrote:
bhall wrote:And that's why it's always the car. :wink:
I might disagree with bhall on a lot of things - even intentionally go against him in debates, when I agree with him, but he said it perfectly. Whole thread on the subject. Knock yourself out.
I agree with him completely. But it´s missing one parameter that needs to be taken into account.
Which is operating window in terms of driving styles.

Doesn´t mean the other guy is ultimately slower then the other, it just means he´s slower in this particular car.
Have two cars that are considered perfect by both drivers and the results might vary.
So it´s about the car, always, but at the same time it´s not, its about the driver and the car. Always.

Cam

I'm not going to be drawn back into that debate.

Just like I'm not going to say a bad word about Alonso. Last time I tried that in genuinely curious manner, the lights went dark and the trolls came out - and they were not happy. Daring to question Alonso on this forum leads to one place....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxLTb4Zezug[/youtube]
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

iotar__

I remember: "Alonso may be the best but others are more "naturally talented"". "Best" - understood as combination of decent but not the best at everything, just the sum of above-mediocrity. 1. Impossible 2. As if countless examples of improvised during races and wheel to wheel fights overtakes and moves aren't the best measure (next to one lap speed) of natural talent. Like double overtake on, how convenient, Raikkonen/Hamilton in Spain 2013 or Monza recently. It doesn't mean Alonso is untouchable or unbeatable and now he may be getting into "vulnerable in Q" age, more consistency than top performance, clock is ticking, two seasons from now it might be difficult for him. I agree though that these discussions go nowhere.

PlatinumZealot

You know what? KMAG has had his chance at Mclaren and he didn't live up to it. He is not the Vettel or Hamilton that Ron is looking for.

Mclaren's motto is to have the best drivers in the best car. KMAG is slower than button and has very poor race craft; there are so many better driver's out there than KMAG so what's the point of keeping him?

Do away with him I say!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

f1-neil

Re: 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring

Regle wrote:
Shooty81 wrote: Oh, and I think Hamilton has given by far enough reason to not like him (very much not like him in my case). It's not simply a reaction to his vocal fans.
Sorry, I can't stand statements like this, it's usually by people who have an axe to grind anyway. Lewis has had faults, name me a leading driver that has not?

Vettel, very bitchy, wants team orders, takes parts of he's fellow driver.
Alonso, do we even have to go there.
Button is very political and beats you off the track more then on it.
Maldonado?

So, why single just one person out, even Miki and Damon had some faults.
As to he's vocal fans, thats a lazy excuse, Alonso, Kimi fans are just as vocal.

I find such statements morally bankrupt.

Sorry for the rant. It hits a nerve that you can dislike someone just from the screen.

Regle

f1-neil wrote:
Regle wrote:
Shooty81 wrote: Oh, and I think Hamilton has given by far enough reason to not like him (very much not like him in my case). It's not simply a reaction to his vocal fans.
Sorry, I can't stand statements like this, it's usually by people who have an axe to grind anyway. Lewis has had faults, name me a leading driver that has not?

Maldonado?

As to he's vocal fans, thats a lazy excuse, Alonso, Kimi fans are just as vocal.

Sorry for the rant. It hits a nerve that you can dislike someone just from the screen.
I didn't say his vocal fans had anything to do with it. In fact I said the opposite was true, at least for me.
It's not simply that he has faults. Just last weekend he gave an interview, which I don't have anymore so I can only cite it very vaguely, but it should be possible to find it, where after being asked, why this or that happened, he said: “I think we all know why.” The interviewer asked back: “So you're suggesting that the team/race control/whatever did XY on purpose?” HAM, awfully acting: “Oh, noooo… I should have KNOWN you were going to interpret it that way. No, that's not what I meant.” End of explanation. No word about what he actually claimed he was saying.
This is not simply a fault, this is arrogant and disgusting, these are childish games. And he's done that throughout his career.
I can't stand the way he's constantly trying to make a legend out of himself, comparing himself and Alonso to Senna and Prost with just one championship title, in his first season he claimed there had never been anything like him (winning races in the rookie season, when only ten years earlier Villeneuve had done the same), etc, etc.
Yes, I can dislike someone just from the screen because I can hear what he says.

By the way, I don't like Alonso either. Nor Rosberg.

I don't want to turn this into a Hamilton bashing and I've said it before, it was understandable that he didn't let Nico pass, but dislike for Hamilton does not come out of nowhere.

f1-neil

I'll reply very briefly to each.
Regle wrote: I didn't say his vocal fans had anything to do with it. In fact I said the opposite was true, at least for me.
It's not simply that he has faults. Just last weekend he gave an interview, which I don't have anymore so I can only cite it very vaguely, but it should be possible to find it, where after being asked, why this or that happened, he said: “I think we all know why.” The interviewer asked back: “So you're suggesting that the team/race control/whatever did XY on purpose?” HAM, awfully acting: “Oh, noooo… I should have KNOWN you were going to interpret it that way. No, that's not what I meant.” End of explanation. No word about what he actually claimed he was saying.
But then he's not being a robot towing the company prepared statement, there is a lot of drivers who could say something similar and it wouldn't create a whisper on the forum, but cause Lewis did, it becomes a major story.

To be honest, I think he's being very honest, I bet like many he'd be dying to confront Toto with some of the crap thats being coming he's way. Why should he hold back? People hate if they act like robots and then they hate if they being honest.

Regle wrote: This is not simply a fault, this is arrogant and disgusting, these are childish games. And he's done that throughout his career.
I can't stand the way he's constantly trying to make a legend out of himself, comparing himself and Alonso to Senna and Prost with just one championship title, in his first season he claimed there had never been anything like him (winning races in the rookie season, when only ten years earlier Villeneuve had done the same),
This, is way way over exaggerated, I don't think he did anything of the sort you are making out.

langwadt

Regle wrote:
f1-neil wrote:
Regle wrote:

Maldonado?

I didn't say his vocal fans had anything to do with it. In fact I said the opposite was true, at least for me.
This is not simply a fault, this is arrogant and disgusting, these are childish games. And he's done that throughout his career.
I can't stand the way he's constantly trying to make a legend out of himself, comparing himself and Alonso to Senna and Prost with just one championship title, in his first season he claimed there had never been anything like him (winning races in the rookie season, when only ten years earlier Villeneuve had done the same), etc, etc.
Yes, I can dislike someone just from the screen because I can hear what he says.

By the way, I don't like Alonso either. Nor Rosberg.

I don't want to turn this into a Hamilton bashing and I've said it before, it was understandable that he didn't let Nico pass, but dislike for Hamilton does not come out of nowhere.
everyone found the missing safety car to be odd, for a frustrated Hamilton to read something into that when it happens in a German grandprix with a German driver leading isn't surprising, but he of course can't say it out loud because that is what gets you in trouble and probably fined by the organization.