The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
djos

2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

turbof1 wrote: It's a good thing the race topics dont allow post voting, else we'd have downvoting because of people not understanding sarcasm.
Indeed. :)

Ps you just know someone is bound to see the words Shuey better than Senna and burst a blood vessel without seeing the rest. :P
"In downforce we trust"

markp
markp

Re: 2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

GPR-A wrote:
markp wrote: Form can change year on year but I could not get over the fact Vettel has won more championships than Ricciardo has races.
If that is THE yardstick, Michael Schumacher is the greatest formula one driver, much better than Senna by A BIG margin. Alonso is so much more inferior to Vettel, less race wins and lesser championships. No?
Here goes.. Schumacher was better than Senna.... hit me.

GPR-A duplicate2

markp wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
markp wrote: Form can change year on year but I could not get over the fact Vettel has won more championships than Ricciardo has races.
If that is THE yardstick, Michael Schumacher is the greatest formula one driver, much better than Senna by A BIG margin. Alonso is so much more inferior to Vettel, less race wins and lesser championships. No?
Here goes.. Schumacher was better than Senna.... hit me.
Read the content properly before giving trouble to your fingers. That was a question for you, if you understand English. I just used your yardstick of Vet/Ric and based on that yardstick would you say MS was better than Senna, only because he has more race wins and titles?
I know this is trolling, mods please take this discussion out.

Vasconia

Racer X wrote:
henra wrote:
Racer X wrote:Well Alonso showed last year hes way better then Kimi.
I would be more precise: Fernando was way better in a beasty car the F14t was than Kimi.
Kimi seems to be quite sensitive regarding traits of his car. He can be quick if everything fits.

DUUUDE If everything is right on a car and a car is amasing even a Mediocre driver like Maldonado can win.......... #-o

Alonso is better then Kimi plain and simple same car same conditions and Kimi did nothing compared to Alonso im not even an Alonso Fan im just saying Alonso is better plain and simple and now we see that Vettel is also better then Kimi. Or so far he has been lets let the season finish.
I think that Kimi at this best form is faster than Alonso, at least at one lap. The problem is that Kimi needs everything to be perfect and Alonso doesnt. I have no doubts that Alonso is much more complete racer and an absolute beast.

windwaves
windwaves

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Manoah2u wrote:
windwaves wrote:[
whatever man, they screwed up huge for this season and they really did not have to. It is just unexcusable how completely wrong they got it.
so.....the last 2 seasons were excusable, but this one isn't?
and....ferrari's last season's are excusable aswell?
and....redbull's current season is excusable aswell?

ah yes, i see, must be because those all aren't mclaren. as long as it ain't mclaren, eh? :roll:
what have you been drinking ?

what, those "all aren't mclaren"? dude what are you talking about if you call that talking ?

I do not recall McL being fignting for last position in recent years. It is so f***d up this year. I am very upset.
And I felt exactly the same for Ferrari last year, in fact I think for them it was much more embarassing as they had been whining about F1 no longer being about engines .....
RB won 3 gp's last year. And they will be back. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Last edited by windwaves on 10 Apr 2015, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

windwaves
windwaves

mclaren111 wrote:Really like the Lime Green color on the car:

http://adn.gpupdate.net/large/263108.jpg

f*************kkkkk such a beauty !!! we just need it to go FAST.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

windwaves wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
windwaves wrote:[
whatever man, they screwed up huge for this season and they really did not have to. It is just unexcusable how completely wrong they got it.
so.....the last 2 seasons were excusable, but this one isn't?
and....ferrari's last season's are excusable aswell?
and....redbull's current season is excusable aswell?

ah yes, i see, must be because those all aren't mclaren. as long as it ain't mclaren, eh? :roll:
what have you been drinking ?

what, those "all aren't mclaren"? dude what are you talking about if you call that talking ?

I do not recall McL being fignting for last position in recent years. It is so f***d up this year. I am very upset.
And I felt exactly the same for Ferrari last year, in fact I think for them it was much more embarassing as they had been whining about F1 no longer being about engines .....
RB won 3 gp's last year. And they will be back. You have no idea what you are talking about.
'dude'?

seriously, take a chill pill. i have no idea what i'm talking about? get a grip on yourself.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

The engine development is allowed this year and Honda(The Dark Knight) will rise.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

GPR-A duplicate2

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

f1316 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:if you read the article you would see that vettel said no such thing....here are the key quotes:

Suggested to Vettel it will be 'game on' once the season resumes in Belgium in a few weeks' time, he replied: "It has always been.
"We know we have to remain realistic, that there is still a lot of work to do and a lot of catching up to do.
"You never know. I'm sure we will try absolutely everything, and try to make the impossible possible.
Was going to say exactly the same. They asked him if it was game on and he basically said you never know. Certainly not the same thing.
OH How surprising that you both share similar thought process! I miss evered7 here (A very friendly remembrance :D ).

Now, Isn't it the same with Alonso? Every time "they ask him" about what he NOW thinks about his decision to leave Ferrari and then he says, they still are second best, the Ferrari fans go bang bang saying how Alonso is a bad mouthing about Ferrari, like a man who had a breakup but foul mouthing about his ex girl friend.

Schuttelberg

GPR-A wrote:
f1316 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:if you read the article you would see that vettel said no such thing....here are the key quotes:

Suggested to Vettel it will be 'game on' once the season resumes in Belgium in a few weeks' time, he replied: "It has always been.
"We know we have to remain realistic, that there is still a lot of work to do and a lot of catching up to do.
"You never know. I'm sure we will try absolutely everything, and try to make the impossible possible.
Was going to say exactly the same. They asked him if it was game on and he basically said you never know. Certainly not the same thing.
OH How surprising that you both share similar thought process! I miss evered7 here (A very friendly remembrance :D ).

Now, Isn't it the same with Alonso? Every time "they ask him" about what he NOW thinks about his decision to leave Ferrari and then he says, they still are second best, the Ferrari fans go bang bang saying how Alonso is a bad mouthing about Ferrari, like a man who had a breakup but foul mouthing about his ex girl friend.
How can you categorize fans? You will find fans of every kind in every supporting camp. And, these are two very different subjects of discussion. Alonso @ 33 is constantly asked about his career choice because he's had a history of making incorrect choices and the media and fans want to see him win another title. So to some, it's a lot of frustration to see him leave a team that's capable of winning and opt for one that's floundering around in Q1-Q2 hopelessly.

On the other hand, you have Vettel who is being asked such questions to hype the championship fight up and to really know if he believes he can win it? I see nothing wrong if he feels he can win it, I mean what's he supposed to say? 'Nah, I'm trying to come 3rd?'

In my opinion, neither Alonso nor Vettel are wrong. They both know that this year is a long shot and they're both just building towards a better future in terms of championships. There's nothing 'wrong' in what either is saying.

However, Vettel has a retort if he fails: He can simply say that I tried and I couldn't beat the Mercs. But, if Ferrari can snag a championship out before Alonso can in a McLaren while he is in F1, even Alonso will admit that his jump was a mistake. That sort of stuff, tends to catch headlines, send fans and dummy critics in a frenzy.

Personally, both seem content with where they are and they both claim to be happy. And I've said this before, nothing else is more important in life than being happy. You only need to remember Jules for that. These things seem rather petty then.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

GPR-A duplicate2

Schuttelberg wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
f1316 wrote: -quote="giantfan10" - if you read the article you would see that vettel said no such thing....here are the key quotes:

"You never know. I'm sure we will try absolutely everything, and try to make the impossible possible. /quote

How can you categorize fans? You will find fans of every kind in every supporting camp. And, these are two very different subjects of discussion. Alonso @ 33 is constantly asked about his career choice because he's had a history of making incorrect choices and the media and fans want to see him win another title. So to some, it's a lot of frustration to see him leave a team that's capable of winning and opt for one that's floundering around in Q1-Q2 hopelessly.

On the other hand, you have Vettel who is being asked such questions to hype the championship fight up and to really know if he believes he can win it? I see nothing wrong if he feels he can win it, I mean what's he supposed to say? 'Nah, I'm trying to come 3rd?'

In my opinion, neither Alonso nor Vettel are wrong. They both know that this year is a long shot and they're both just building towards a better future in terms of championships. There's nothing 'wrong' in what either is saying.

However, Vettel has a retort if he fails: He can simply say that I tried and I couldn't beat the Mercs. But, if Ferrari can snag a championship out before Alonso can in a McLaren while he is in F1, even Alonso will admit that his jump was a mistake. That sort of stuff, tends to catch headlines, send fans and dummy critics in a frenzy.

Personally, both seem content with where they are and they both claim to be happy. And I've said this before, nothing else is more important in life than being happy. You only need to remember Jules for that. These things seem rather petty then.
First up, welcome to F1Technical. As for categorizing fans, our love story (myself, giantfan10, f1316 and evered7) goes back a little while in time. :) Lots of times Ben (bhall) joins us enlightening us with great stuff. So, I don't see animosity here, but just some subtle punches thrown around.

Everything you have mentioned is quite understood. My only response is for the stuff highlighted. Alonso has already admitted it.

Schuttelberg

Thanks. Sorry to interrupt the argy-bargy. :D
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

f1316
f1316

No argy-bargy from my side, I never really understand why this guy seems to want to argue. If I say Ferrari may have a chance to be competitive at certain tracks, that is apparently always wrong; but equally, if I say that Vettel isn't expecting to be "game on" in the championship, there's also apparently something wrong with that.

Can't win with some people so not much point in discussing.

giantfan10
giantfan10

f1316 wrote:No argy-bargy from my side, I never really understand why this guy seems to want to argue. If I say Ferrari may have a chance to be competitive at certain tracks, that is apparently always wrong; but equally, if I say that Vettel isn't expecting to be "game on" in the championship, there's also apparently something wrong with that.

Can't win with some people so not much point in discussing.
Or you could just take it all with a grain of salt :lol: ... i post anything favourable to Ferrari i absolutely expect a few people who shall remain nameless to chime in with a contrary opinion....
All in good fun then i close my browser and its back to real life and this is all forgotten .

GoranF1
GoranF1

:o

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... 0awareness

i would be concerned if i were a Ferrari fan,because if Fernando "smells blood".....well you know better than anyone what he can do.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."