Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
gary123

Re: Honda Power Unit

Go to minute 5.45
[youtube]http://youtu.be/1Sz9NG3Z6J8[/youtube]

prince

mclaren111 wrote:I read an article this time last year where Ross Brawn said that it was "known" that Japanese engineers have been seen at MTC for over six months.
That means Honda have been working there since some time in 2012. I think it is part of why Mclaren got the changed / updated Mercedes PU so late.

Also, Honda is obsessed with winning and are sure they would not have entered without making sure they can be competative from the start.
The part of the world I live, we consider everything that is copied as "Chinese". No offences to any individual or a group, but that is how it is. Honda, being Japanese is surely doing a chinese. :mrgreen:

They get to dissect the working piece of Merc Engine and are at liberty to create parts that resemble the same and who knows, they might have already hacked the software that is being used in the PU. Merc are in such a difficult situation that they can't even cover their arse. Indeed if Honda comes out with a winning PU, Merc would be in total embarrassment. But atleast, there would be good competition for viewers.

mzso

mclaren111 wrote:I read an article this time last year where Ross Brawn said that it was "known" that Japanese engineers have been seen at MTC for over six months.
That means Honda have been working there since some time in 2012. I think it is part of why Mclaren got the changed / updated Mercedes PU so late.

Also, Honda is obsessed with winning and are sure they would not have entered without making sure they can be competative from the start.
MTC? Manhattan Theatre Club? Missionary Training Center? Acronyms are only useful if they're widely known and people don't have to guess and google around. I guess it's maybe McLaren tech center or something this time.

gary123 wrote:Go to minute 5.45
http://youtu.be/1Sz9NG3Z6J8
You can link to a specific time if you use the share tab under the video.
(The forum engine's funny. Your broken link becomes a qood one when I quote it. :) )

gary123

I posted the message through the smartphone so I couldn't put the link to the correct time of the video.

xpensive

I doubt if Honda has seen much of the Mercedes PU, engines are typically handled by the supplier to and from the races?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

gary123

xpensive wrote:I doubt if Honda has seen much of the Mercedes PU, engines are typically handled by the supplier to and from the races?
McLaren, Williams and FI see the Mercedes engine only during the race weekend. So yes.

xpensive

gary123 wrote:
xpensive wrote:I doubt if Honda has seen much of the Mercedes PU, engines are typically handled by the supplier to and from the races?
McLaren, Williams and FI see the Mercedes engine only during the race weekend. So yes.
And even then, they are only handled by the MHPE people.

mclaren111

MTC = McLaren Technology Centre.

The McLaren Technology Centre is the headquarters of the McLaren Group, located on a 500,000 m² site in Woking, Surrey, England.
Address: Woking, Surrey GU21 4YH, United Kingdom
Construction started: 1999
Opened: May 12, 2004
Architectural style: Modern architecture
Architecture firm: Foster and Partners
Architect: Norman Foster

I thought all McLaren fans would know this :o

mzso

Who told you it's all mclaren fans here? And why do you expect every mclaren fan to know an obscure acronym.
xpensive wrote:
gary123 wrote:
And even then, they are only handled by the MHPE people.
Gah. Again with the acronyms. Master of Health Professions Education? :mrgreen:

Thunder

mzso wrote: Gah. Again with the acronyms. Master of Health Professions Education? :mrgreen:
That or Mercedes High Performance Engines, whatever suits you best. :wink:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

xpensive

mzso wrote: ...
Gah. Again with the acronyms. Master of Health Professions Education? :mrgreen:
WTF, you're a funny guy, but I think most of those interested in F1 knows what MHPE stands for, just like FIA and once BRM.

mzso

xpensive wrote: WTF, you're a funny guy, but I think most of those interested in F1 knows what MHPE stands for, just like FIA and once BRM.
I doubt it. Most people just watch and know the teams, drivers. People tend to project what they now to everyone though.
Although I guessed the Mercedes part. :)

xpensive

As you are pretty new on the forum, you should get used to this; CVC, FOTA, FOM, ERS, PU, ARB and TWG?

But that's ok. :lol:

Skippon

Actually MHPE is MA-HPP
or
Mercedes Benz High Performance Engines has been called Mercedes AMG High Performances Power-trains for a couple of years now!!

What's an ARB? Anti-roll bar ???

xpensive

Skippon wrote:Actually MHPE is MA-HPP
or
Mercedes Benz High Performance Engines has been called Mercedes AMG High Performances Power-trains for a couple of years now!!

What's an ARB? Anti-roll bar ???
Could be, but it could also be All Russian Bondsmen.