Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
godlameroso

Re: Honda Power Unit

Andres125sx wrote:
godlameroso wrote:By the end of last year they were on the cusp of being 4th fastest, and were depending on the type of track. I expect them to consolidate 4th at the very least
Your reasoning does imply same order than past season.... did you notice there´s a HUGE rule change? :P

Seriously, making predictions about next season is between bold and ridiculous, we all like to think we can predict future, but reality is nobody has the slightest idea of what will be next season order. And that´s exciting!! So please, stop trying to ruin that uncertainty :mrgreen:
Mercedes got better every year since 2010, and I don't need to remind you what happened in 2014-present despite huge regulation changes. Ferrari stayed pretty much the same, as did Red Bull's chassis magic.

Momentum can be carried over despite regulation changes. You're right however, we don't know what's going to happen next year. If you read the rest of the post you quoted you'd have seen that I mentioned that.

Regardless I think they can take a relative step forward next season.
Saishū kōnā

Sasha
Sasha

AVL just open a new shop in Japan :wink: and there is a rumor that Honda got the MP4/4 tub out of storage and using it again.
But I think they would use one of there newer tubs.
Last edited by Sasha on 07 Jan 2017, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

godlameroso

Joseki wrote:Why do people keep posting articles from Nugnes, he always write fake news.
Not completely fake, they(McLaren Honda) stated they are changing the layout and architecture, what exactly that means, we don't know, and probably won't know until someone slips up during testing and let's us have a glance at what's under the skin.
Saishū kōnā

Roostfactor
Roostfactor

AVL just open a new shop in Japan :wink: and there is a rumor that Honda got the MP4/4 tub out of storage and using it again.
But I think they would use one of there newer tubs
Interesting, I wonder what the intention is?

FrukostScones

Roostfactor wrote:
But I think they would use one of there newer tubs
Interesting, I wonder what the intention is?
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... start=2070
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Roostfactor
Roostfactor

Thanks!

Webber2011
Webber2011

Pierce89 wrote:@Webber2011
We've had plenty of fake f1 employees around before. I believe Wazari is most likely exactly who he says he is, but until I KNOW FOR A FACT, I will be careful about it. The funny thing is, this conversation started with a post where I was telling another member to respect the sensitivity of his position.
Hey, no worries mate, all good :)

I might have seemed to be targeting you in particular, but honestly that was not my intention.
I just find it strange that a forum dedicated to the technical side of Formula 1, (without doubt the best one on the planet by the way), would be so hesitant to embrace people who are actually IN the sport.
I can appreciate your point of view though, I really can.
When I mentioned another forum that now has many members who meet in the real world, believe me, we had some clowns turn up now and then as well :wink:

So anyway, back on topic.

I've just watched the latest episode of "The Grand Tour".
First car they take for a spin is the new Honda NSX.
Great review, and they go into a little detail about all the electric motors, harvesting etc that goes on.

Nothing that will blow the minds of you technical guys, it's just a fun car show, but it gives an insight into how much Honda actually know about these sort of engines.

I quite enjoyed it, and it even gives me hope that Honda WILL eventually prevail.

wuzak
wuzak

With the length of the V6 engine, do you think they could just make the MGUH fit between turbine and compressor, and not have to worry about extra shafts and connections?

Blackout

FW17

Do you think the intercooler is representative?

Here is what Ferrari are using in combination with an air cooled intercooler, Wont the Merc be larger as it supposedly only watercooled?

Wazari

Please gentlemen, I assume this is an all male group, please respectfully do not PM me with questions asking me if what a journalist says is true with regards to specific information regarding next year's PU. It seems it's always the same handful people asking the same type of questions over and over again. I think it's obvious I can't and won't answer these type of questions. I am not trying to be rude but purposely evasive. I hope you understand that. I have had people asking me if what "supposedly" Andy Cowell said about us not using "TJI" is true. First off, why would he even comment on such a matter if he really did, and two would he really know what our planned combustion process is for the new PU?

All I can say is that I have spent over 75% of my time here working specifically on the combustion process and expect to see some of our team's efforts in the new PU. Again the goal being increasing fuel efficiency while achieving better torque curves and a slightly broader and higher power band.

BTW, the MP4-4 was brought out of mothballs for what I believe is some sort of promotion/photo shoot,
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

diffuser

So anyone what to venture a guess on when McHonda will Launch ?

Feb 21st to Feb 24th are booked Renault,FI,Merc and Ferrari. Will McHonda go before or after ?

alexa
alexa

@ Wazari

How did influence fuel/lubricant supplier switch form Mobile to BP/Castrol on new PU development.Hasegawa said that already at beginning of 2016 they formed the team on 2017 PU development,but then they where still working with Mobil?

Pierce89

Wazari wrote:Please gentlemen, I assume this is an all male group, please respectfully do not PM me with questions asking me if what a journalist says is true with regards to specific information regarding next year's PU. It seems it's always the same handful people asking the same type of questions over and over again. I think it's obvious I can't and won't answer these type of questions. I am not trying to be rude but purposely evasive. I hope you understand that. I have had people asking me if what "supposedly" Andy Cowell said about us not using "TJI" is true. First off, why would he even comment on such a matter if he really did, and two would he really know what our planned combustion process is for the new PU?

All I can say is that I have spent over 75% of my time here working specifically on the combustion process and expect to see some of our team's efforts in the new PU. Again the goal being increasing fuel efficiency while achieving better torque curves and a slightly broader and higher power band.

BTW, the MP4-4 was brought out of mothballs for what I believe is some sort of promotion/photo shoot,
I already posted saying that in your position it's unreasonable to ask such questions.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

GoranF1
GoranF1

diffuser wrote:So anyone what to venture a guess on when McHonda will Launch ?

Feb 21st to Feb 24th are booked Renault,FI,Merc and Ferrari. Will McHonda go before or after ?
I hope last....just so others dont have time(or less time) to copy the beast.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."