Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
dr_cooke
dr_cooke

Re: Honda Power Unit

godlameroso wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 17:58
dr_cooke wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 17:51
godlameroso wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 17:16

"aumentar prestaciones" means to improve favorable qualities.

A bit off topic so mods can edit my post if so inclined, but, having the Honda and McLaren start the year the way they have is good drama, especially if they manage to overcome their difficulties.
No, "aumentar prestaciones" means "to improve performance"
I suppose in this context, the literal translation without context is benefits, as in friends with benefits. But that's splitting hairs, the important part is that improvements are in sight.
Honestly, "benefits" would be the last possible translation of "prestaciones" that would come to the mind of anyone remotely related to racing, motorsports, cars or any other related device. Google should propose "performance" if you check from anywhere within a 150 km radius from a racetrack. Or even a highway. :D :D :D

tom101
tom101

means more power,

reliability will allow to use more aggressive soft

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

Thunders wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 11:03
Well it was you that said it was innovative, so i figured you had some information. For all we know the insides could be completely standard tech.
It's how you get the PU to work in harmony, so Honda could have some innovative stuff that's hidden under all the reliability woes. As to the question if Mercedes, Ferrari or Renault would help Honda ? Money and an information exchange of some kind. But we shall see what does or does not happen on that front.

godlameroso

hecan wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 18:09
godlameroso wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 17:58
dr_cooke wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 17:51

No, "aumentar prestaciones" means "to improve performance"
I suppose in this context, the literal translation without context is benefits, as in friends with benefits. But that's splitting hairs, the important part is that improvements are in sight.
Hi, first message on this forum. Being spanish my native tongue I can say it would be a little bit weird if he was talking about drivability or reliability. It's a possibility, yes, but the most probable meaning was performance by far. Still, I wonder if he knows it or he's just guessing
Who Fabregas? He was an F1 engineer at one point no?
Saishū kōnā

Rudex
Rudex

Yes, Fabrega worked in Super Aguri and HRT. He now works for spanish tv movistarF1 with technical aspect. Normally He always is right.

The last year he was right in every upgrade and this year too.

dren

Rudex wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 20:51
Yes, Fabrega worked in Super Aguri and HRT. He now works for spanish tv movistarF1 with technical aspect. Normally He always is right.

60% of the time he's right every time.
Honda!

diffuser

dren wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 21:49
Rudex wrote:

hehehe

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

diffuser wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 23:56
dren wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 21:49
Rudex wrote:

hehehe
@JVilladelpratF1 Coincides with Albert Fabregas, if he does not know Joan Villadelprat maybe he knows less of F1 than he believes. I do not say for you Goldameroso

ispano6

wuzak wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 04:34
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 03:34
Is there a rule stopping Honda from bolting a current PU into an indycar or super formula or even an old McLaren chassis and running laps around motel or suzuka?
No, I don't think so.

So long as it isn't an F1 car 2 years or younger and it isn't using current F1 tyres.
Really? Can you remind McLaren that this is legal?

ispano6

Redragon wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 03:42
This is just a big speculation from my part.
But could Honda actually playing unreliable and underpower to use the HONDA rule to have access to the other design and engines?
So now you're accusing Honda of intentionally cheating? Why are you so determined to cast a negative image of Honda?

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

Rudex wrote:

Joan Villadelprat which coincides with Albert Fabregas was the chief mechanic of the Beneton who won two championships with M Schumacher.

Redragon

ispano6 wrote:
28 Apr 2017, 00:36
Redragon wrote:
But could Honda actually playing unreliable and underpower to use the HONDA rule to have access to the other design and engines?
So now you're accusing Honda of intentionally cheating? Why are you so determined to cast a negative image of Honda?
It is a personal thought and suggestion, you can agree or disagree, I am also talking as a team not only Honda, it is not cheating is playing intelligently the rules, instead of a technically interpretation of the rules you can play diplomatically too. Some others teams do in other areas by questioning to FIA clarifications, as example Is Mercedes using oil in fuel? clarification, so they know what other teams are doing or they equal the terms.

I am suggesting and it is a personal thought, that the team might be playing down the engine, knowing since before Christmas they will be behind in reliability as power, so while they catch up until beginning of the summer, they could play the Honda Rule, to access what others are doing diplomatically, Why Alo retire last race? it was weird. Maybe the other teams agree or maybe not. But they might be trying. I don't think it would be benefitial only for Honda to have access of what others are doing but for other engine makers too as Renault.

Also please tell me and point me out when I posted big number of negatives posts against Honda to say to me, I am "determined" to cast a negative image of Honda.

Redragon

GhostF1 wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 08:25
Redragon wrote:
Reductio ad absurdum...

The damage to both brands, the diminished trust from fans, the ridicule endured from competitors... All at the hope they could get a glimpse at a rivals blueprints??? Apart from being completely unlike Honda, it's too uncertain a result for them to hang all that on it.
It's all speculation so far and Honda are a proud company, they would be hurting badly from all of this. I expect nothing but them to throw everything at it to fix it. They could never turn the other way now. It's been one of the most publicly embarrassing scenario's for a manufacturer in the last couple of years in sporting history, there really is no other option other than to just go all out.
I think the progress Honda did last year with the size 0 design it was not embarrasing at all, they were more powerful than Ferrari 2015 pu with 2 years less of development.

wuzak
wuzak

Redragon wrote:
28 Apr 2017, 03:50
GhostF1 wrote:
Redragon wrote:
Reductio ad absurdum...

The damage to both brands, the diminished trust from fans, the ridicule endured from competitors... All at the hope they could get a glimpse at a rivals blueprints??? Apart from being completely unlike Honda, it's too uncertain a result for them to hang all that on it.
It's all speculation so far and Honda are a proud company, they would be hurting badly from all of this. I expect nothing but them to throw everything at it to fix it. They could never turn the other way now. It's been one of the most publicly embarrassing scenario's for a manufacturer in the last couple of years in sporting history, there really is no other option other than to just go all out.
I think the progress Honda did last year with the size 0 design it was not embarrasing at all, they were more powerful than Ferrari 2015 pu with 2 years less of development.
So said Honda.

GhostF1
GhostF1

Redragon wrote:
28 Apr 2017, 03:50
GhostF1 wrote:
Redragon wrote:
Reductio ad absurdum...

I completely agree with you. Their progress has been outstanding, and even this year with an entirely new concept, they are still well ahead of anyone else with the same timeframe. The issue is the majority of the public won't see or know any of this behind the scenes...
For a majority of viewers they will only see the breakdowns and the bulls**t the media spins...
It's sad really.