selection of career

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
vivekade
vivekade

selection of career

i have work experience of 2.4 years in engines development but now i am studying masters in vehicle dynamics...... then which field should i choose in future for job ? is there there anything which is combination of both engines experience and vehicle dynamics degree ??
thanks

Tim.Wright

Re: selection of career

Active and semi active differentials would be an interesting halfway point. They are becoming more widespread on roadcars and are used in F1 (albeit extremely limited) and possibly also Le Mans, but don't quote me on that.

Very very few people really understand the exact influences that differential locking torques have on vehicle dynamics. I wouldn't claim to be one of those few either.
Not the engineer at Force India

Greg Locock
Greg Locock

I worked on base engine design for two years. in that time this is the amount of interaction I had with vehicle dynamics:0

I work in vehicle dynamics, and have done so for 10 years. in that time this is the amount of interaction I had with engine design and development: 0

To be fair I have worked on traction problems that were a combination of driveline and vehicle dynamics.

Do what you are interested in, and can get a job in. 2.4 years in engine development is nice but shouldn't define your career.

zenji
zenji

Follow your heart and motivation will come naturally.

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

This may be a silly question but... what motivated you studying vehicle dynamics in the first place? Or put another way... wouldn't you have thought about the career you'd want and then take on the studies that would help achieve that end?
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

MOWOG

Follow your heart and motivation will come naturally.
My take on this is similar. Do what you love and the money will follow. :)

Usually...... :?
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.