cosworth with the most grunt

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
jgredline

cosworth with the most grunt

motorsport-network.com wrote:According to pitlane speculation, Williams' new engine supplier - Cosworth - will hit the Bahrain circuit this weekend with the most grunt.

The Northampton based manufacturer's F1 chief, Alex Hitzinger, says the V8 unit - although to compete with the world's most powerful carmakers in 2006 - will top 20,000rpm.

''We set ourselves a target of a top engine speed of 20,000rpm,'' he confirmed, ''and we've managed that.''

On the other end of the scale, meanwhile, is underpowered and unreliable Mercedes-Benz, while Ferrari struggle for engine reliability and cooling.

Honda, too - although powering Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello to impressive test times - might be having one or two 'driveability' issues, although Barrichello admitted that the problem is probably widespread.
To finish first, first you must finish.

Tp
Tp

Pretty impressive considering they have a "low" budget...

DarkSnape

well at Imola in Europe BMW will have a new aero package and new engine p86B spec with 22.000 revs in qualiging and 21.000 in race(about760HP) I hope that will be realiable to kick some ass :D

Spencifer_Murphy

WOW....22,000RPM?! Where did you hear about that?
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

DarkSnape

we have( in ours forum BMW fans ) an insider how give us fresh info it`s about 22.500 on test bench and 21.500-22.000 in races and qualiging. MT said that in Imola will bring the P86b and the new aero package.

rsfocus
rsfocus

DarkSnape wrote:we have( in ours forum BMW fans ) an insider how give us fresh info it`s about 22.500 on test bench and 21.500-22.000 in races and qualiging. MT said that in Imola will bring the P86b and the new aero package.
insder knowledge, nice :D

the noise it will make while revving to 22.500 rpm, fantastic! Go Jacs!!

jgredline

DarkSnape wrote:well at Imola in Europe BMW will have a new aero package and new engine p86B spec with 22.000 revs in qualiging and 21.000 in race(about760HP) I hope that will be realiable to kick some ass :D
Well if that does happen in my mind they were spending all there time the past two years working on the V8 instead of working on the V10 for williams.

The BMW V10 was once the most powerful engine in F1 and then went to one of the worst. Since JPM left Williams I could care less about Webber or Hiedfeld but they got the short end of the stick last year with a totally undeveloped V10.
To finish first, first you must finish.

DarkSnape

last year was not an P85 engine was an P84/85(an upgrade) and BMW wasn`t focused to develop a good engine for Williams they was focused for V8 and for the new team BMW.

m3_lover

I think in 2004, they were about to introduce a new engine, in the middle of 2004 but changed there plans as the rules stated that in 2005, that the engine has to last two races, a complete redesign and a whole lot of money wasted
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tp
Tp

22,500rpm!!! Those Cossie boys can sure make engines!!

.........How come other engine manufactures, who not only have a greater budget, but most likely will have better resources have less competent engines.

Im sure their compromise lies more towards the reliablty point than performance, compared to Cosworth

Figlio_del_Diavolo

Steve Matchett, one of the SPEED commentators, said that he spoke to a Cossie engineer and was asking about how they coped with the banning of adjustable inlet trumpets. He said the response was that they had never used them on their V10, so it didn't matter. That is a huge advantage, because I am sure that they have a good idea of a compromise length for each track already, whereas the big $ manufacturers had been investing money into the now banned technology. I am rooting for Williams to do well because I have a great appreaciation for Cosworth. After Ferrari, that is. 8)
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better." - Hunter S. Thompson

F1racer
F1racer

DarkSnape wrote:we have( in ours forum BMW fans ) an insider how give us fresh info it`s about 22.500 on test bench and 21.500-22.000 in races and qualiging. MT said that in Imola will bring the P86b and the new aero package.
Interesting...

What's the website of that BMW forum??