Which token would You choose??

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
pastaracing

Re: Which token would You choose??

Blackout wrote:
pastaracing wrote: The whole hybrid system, 16points.
The whole system? why?
Because they cannot get the full 4Mj out for more than one lap. To be competitive I think they have to have a better hybrid system that allow then to regenerate and use the full energy lap after lap.
As I understand, Ferraris MGUH is too small or maybe it is only the turbo that is too small. Nevertheless it is too little regenerating from the MGUH and that energy you can put directly to drive the MGUK without even using the 4Mj limitation.
Blackout wrote:
pastaracing wrote: Then they have to change at least some dimensions of the crankcase to get room for a new turbo system(split turbo?) 3pts
the crankcase? why?
I think that they have to change something to change the turbo layout. At least Ferrari will go for a Mercedes turbo-layout as I understand.

Of course, if they have build up a structure that enable them to just change one part of a certain system, they can limit the use of tokens. However, I don't think that they did that because it is heavier, need more space and a more complex to build in module system
As I understand the tokens, if you change anything on that specified part you have to count that points. That because You cannot use the older part and the cost of the PU will raise.