Average Fule Burn Rates At Each Track

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
ESPImperium

Average Fule Burn Rates At Each Track

With the weights of each car being published at the end of each quali now, what are the average fuel burn rates for each track??? My guess would be more fuel burnt for high speed and long tracks ans less fuel for short low speed tracks.

Does anyone have idea???

Would be nice to see a comparison on fuel burn rates for each engine at each track as well.

ISLAMATRON

Re: Average Fule Burn Rates At Each Track

Kazoo & the rain have made it impossible thus far... well maybe not, JB/Brawn pitted for fuel and put on slicks in Malaysia, so go from there... but dont forget the recon & formation laps.

rob
rob

Australia 70.9L / 100km
Sepang 68.0L / 100km
China 72.9L / 100km
Bahrain 76.0L / 100km

all datas are from racecar-engineering

Professor

I have a question. Does anyone know how Autosport calculates the "fuel penalty"? They ran an article that said the extra fuel Vettel had on board cost him about .37 secs per lap in quali due to the extra weight. By their reasoning, Vettel would still have been .21 behind Glock.

Any ideas?

bar555

Professor wrote:I have a question. Does anyone know how Autosport calculates the "fuel penalty"? They ran an article that said the extra fuel Vettel had on board cost him about .37 secs per lap in quali due to the extra weight. By their reasoning, Vettel would still have been .21 behind Glock.

Any ideas?

:idea: You could ask Scarbs ....
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

j4kwan

bar555 wrote:
Professor wrote:I have a question. Does anyone know how Autosport calculates the "fuel penalty"? They ran an article that said the extra fuel Vettel had on board cost him about .37 secs per lap in quali due to the extra weight. By their reasoning, Vettel would still have been .21 behind Glock.

Any ideas?

reasonable based only on fuel weight, but hard to justify with too many factors. They aren't in the same car.