Button's Engine won 3 races

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
enkidu

Button's Engine won 3 races

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 066177.stm

I find this amazing that they run the engine for 3 races, bullet proof!

I heard somethere that other teams seem to be bringing a new engine to each race until they have used the 8 then reuse some of the less hammered ones?

ESPImperium

Re: Button's Engine won 3 races

And the final engine data after Monaco:

Blue highlited means its blown, red means that engine is likley not to be used again;

Direct Link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/I ... Monaco.jpg

Im gonna have to see what data Ciro Pabón has as well, to see how accurat it is to what he has as well.

ISLAMATRON

damn.... RK blew 2 relatively fresh lumps... too bad for him.

looks like the teams can still squeeze some distance out of the first lumps

ESPImperium

Kubica blew his #2 in China in FP2, and his #4 in Monaco in FP2. He went back to #1 for the rest of Monaco. BMW Sauber havnt said what the reasons were for his engine to blow, but the one in Monaco looks like a total failure of that block, the China replacement, i think was after they found something in that block that will blow, so have decided to park that one and declare it as a blown engine.

Sutil blew his #3 blew after Bourdais T-Boned him in the Turn 1/2/3 accedent at Spain, when he was T-Boned, he lost all oil in the system and the engine ran for 9 seconds without oil, resulting in a totally seized block. He went back to #1 for Monaco.

Vettel blew his #3 in FP1 at Monaco, total left bank failure. He went back to #1 for the rest of Monaco as well.

But the relyability of all the engines so far has been amazing, Altho, the BMW engines look on paper the least relyable at the moment, due to Kubica on the whole part.

Total km completed so far by engine type:

Mercedes FO108W - 23838.545
Toyota RVX-09 - 19615.273
Renault R27 - 16016.439
Ferrari 056 - 15752.040
BMW P86/9 - 7970.490

Rosberg has also done the biggest distance so far at 5221.764km.

enkidu

Thats a good bit of Data there, looks like Brawn are using their engines quiet efficently.