Porsche back in Le Mans!

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
WhiteBlue

Re: Porsche back in Le Mans!

matt21 wrote:
tok-tokkie wrote:That huge central shark fin. Is that size required by the regulations?
Article 3.6.3 http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/ ... xesD-E.pdf
Thanks for posting this. I never had complete WEC tech regs.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Holm86

Some more engine noise from the 919. This time with much better audio.

rajveesahani

I know i am asking this question this is funny but still i have the doubt so i am asking this question that will the Porsche be capable of winning Le Mans in 2014?

WhiteBlue

rajveesahani wrote:I know i am asking this question this is funny but still i have the doubt so i am asking this question that will the Porsche be capable of winning Le Mans in 2014?
I'm not having any fundamental doubts about that. They should have the competence to do it but they do not have the experience that Audi have in endurance racing. As always luck will also play a role. You can easily get involved in accidents without any contribution of your own and loose cars. I would love to see Porsche beat Audi and Toyota. No manufacturer has made a full attack with a petrol for a very long time. Toyota Japan is not behind the European LMP1 effort. So Porsche should be advantaged by the current BoP rules that are in favour of petrol engines.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

acosmichippo

I thought reliability was usually the biggest issue for new teams - see Peugeot, Toyota, lola/Aston Martin, etc.

Lycoming

They have a shot. They have a good driver lineup and competetive funding, but...

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsmarch14.html

(scroll down a bit to the twitter post)

Seems nobody involved with the (fairly successful) RS Spyder project is working on the 919. Failing to run more than 1000 km consecutively without issues at this stage is also worrying.

They're just rumors, but with a brand new engine and car there are bound to be reliability issues in the first year. Still, who knows, maybe all 3 audis will be taken out by ferrari drivers who think they own the whole road.