Rubens Barrichelllo going to Indycar?

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
N12ck

Rubens Barrichelllo going to Indycar?

Rubens Barrichello is testing in Florida the new 2012 Indycars
Not sure which topic this should be under (General Chat) or (Other racing series) due to the fact he was an F1 driver I seen it fit it goes in general chat, but read:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/ ... n-florida/
Budding F1 Engineer

Mr Alcatraz

Re: Rubens Barrichelllo going to Indycar?

What can you say? The guy loves racing and he is not ready to quit.
I hope he goes for it, gets a good ride, and brings a serious can of whip-@ss with him.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

scuderiafan

This would be great for Rubens I think.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

horse

Books me a trip to the States.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

WhiteBlue

AFAIK his wife is dead against Indycar. He may only have some fun.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

gold333
gold333

I love Rubens. I hope he goes to Indycar and kicks everyones ass.
F1 car width now 2.0m (same as 1993-1997). Lets go crazy and bring the 2.2m cars back (<1992).

Pierce89

come on Rubens!! I'll see you at Barber Motorsports Park!!
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

lebesset
lebesset

to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

scuderiafan

Would anybody know what kind of lap times he set? I'm curious
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

strad

In a video released Monday morning by the team, Barrichello said he was “eager” to get in the car and that Kanaan “gave me all the tips.” There was one problem, though: Kanaan stalled the car leaving the pits for the first time. Barrichello said he would take no more tips from Kanaan.

"I had a very very nice day with KV Racing Technology,” Barrichello said in a statement released by the team. “In the morning I was getting used to the car and not doing anything silly because obviously you don’t want to put it in the wall. It's a different machine from what I'm used to, but it had a good feeling.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012013 ... z1l2EU4NHk
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

JayeOFarrell

He would be very impressive at Indycar racing! I'm sure he will have a lot of success like Montoya in Nascar :)
“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.”
― Vincent van Gogh

strad

Looks semi sure...
There has been much speculation regarding longtime Formula One driver Rubens Barrichello. After one of the longest careers in F1 history, Barrichello lost his ride with Williams to Bruno Senna. So where is Barrichello going next?

As we've talked about before , Barrichello tested at Sebring with his longtime friend Tony Kanaan, driving one of KV Racing's new Chevrolet powered DW-12s. He enjoyed it so much that he stayed an extra day and that fueled the speculation that he might drive in IndyCar. But is he serious about it?

Well, F1 certainly isn't an option now that all the seats have drivers for the current season. As far as IndyCar is concerned, Barrichello stated essentially that ovals were an issue. He then said he would announce something this week. What was it that he announced? That he would have an answer in early March

But then it was just announced that Barrichello would join KV Racing at Sonoma on the last weekend of February for a two-day test. Indianapolis Star reported that not only was Barrichello going to test again at the road course in California's wine country, but that the team co-owner Jimmy Vasser stated, "We're good to go," regarding Barrichello's program and, "Well, sooner or later we will be." Okay.
So he's going to test at Sonoma and then roughly a week later he'll have an answer. Money is the matter at hand, obviously, combined with working out the issues of ovals - he promised his wife he wouldn't drive ovals.

Since KV Racing hasn't announced any driver for their third car (Kanaan and E.J. Viso are driving other two), Barrichello looks like the inside choice.

Funding is more than likely the key concern - when isn't it. But at the very least, it would seem that Barrichello is leaning towards driving an IndyCar in some fashion or form for the 2012 season.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

WhiteBlue

WhiteBlue wrote:AFAIK his wife is dead against Indycar. He may only have some fun.
strad wrote:Looks semi sure...
.... Money is the matter at hand, obviously, combined with working out the issues of ovals - he promised his wife he wouldn't drive ovals.
So how is he going to resolve the minor detail that ovals in Indycars are ten times more likely to kill him than an F1 drive? AFAIK you can't just do the road circuit races and pass on the ovals.

Until I hear about ink on paper I believe he will just try to have as much fun as he can doing all the testing he couldn't do in recent years.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

strad

He'll tell his wife to shut up and go cook dinner....If he's a man.
Sir Stirling Moss

FW17

Jarno Trulli thinking of IRL. Would be interesting to see if RB and JT dominate the the road races after all the hype about being replaced by paydrivers.