MotoGP 2013

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Huntresa

Re: MotoGP 2013

SectorOne wrote:
Huntresa wrote:Thank god i live in sweden, every motorsport worthwhile watching is on the same channel except Indycar. And then WSBK and all that on Eurosport International with swe commentators.
I just wish they would take commentators from other places.
The swedish F1 broadcast is horrendous and embarrassing a lot of the time.
Eje comes with history but sometimes he´s just in a different dimension during broadcasts.

And on top of that, you can´t just buy Viasat Motor. You need to buy the total Viasat Sport package.
Thats true, the F1 commentators are pretty bad at times, MotoGP commentators are much better tho. And yes the last part with the whole package is bad for some, but not me cause i watch all the sports Viasat shows + i now get the Olympic Games :D:D:D:D

JimClarkFan

db__ wrote:
SectorOne wrote:For both or just WSBK?
Yea that´s his name, love his insights during the races.

Edit: Even though i download MotoGP races i think i might buy an online pass next year.
Too bad Formula 1 does not have the same feature really.
I can highly recommend the online pass - already renewed again for next year and watched three hours of testing this morning. I understand the commercial realities but it really is streets ahead of F1 in terms of shear volume of coverage and accessibility.

One quick question, though, for anyone else with an online pass - do you buy the multi-screen or normal pass? I've experimented with multi-screen but it doesn't seem to be worthit really.
Any details on the testing?

How did Cal go in the Ducati? Did Yamaha and Honda have new bikes? Where there any protype bikes there for next season in the CRT class?

Lots of questions...sorry.

JimClarkFan

Shrieker wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:To that end I have decided to finally get myself a motorbike license for the UK, just need to work out the details.
That escalated quickly :D

Joking aside, I know you've probably been considering it for quite a while now. I bought my first bike nearly 6 years ago and it took over 3 years to convince my folks with the crazy traffic we have over here. You are very lucky; countries like the UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy are biking heavens -especially the latter two given their weather. If you do it the right way, it will be one of the best decisions you've made in your life. I've quite a bit of knowledge about bikes and biking gear (helmets, leathers, gloves etc.). Even though you've got access to more and better equipment we have over here -and knowledge too- feel free to ask anything :!:

For starters, if this isn't already in your bookmarks, it should be imho. Very friendly and knowledgeable folk.
Thanks I will check that out.

The trouble with over here in the UK, is that getting the license has become, so far as I can tell, very difficult. There are a whole host of licenses now that you much get, and several tests. From talking to people who do ride bikes (my dad, uncles, and a friend) the system has been turned on it's head. I have been looking around for lessons and other things, but I can't seem to get the cost nailed down. I suspect passing the test is easy enough, the theory though is going to be hard.

Huntresa

JimClarkFan wrote:
db__ wrote:
SectorOne wrote:For both or just WSBK?
Yea that´s his name, love his insights during the races.

Edit: Even though i download MotoGP races i think i might buy an online pass next year.
Too bad Formula 1 does not have the same feature really.
I can highly recommend the online pass - already renewed again for next year and watched three hours of testing this morning. I understand the commercial realities but it really is streets ahead of F1 in terms of shear volume of coverage and accessibility.

One quick question, though, for anyone else with an online pass - do you buy the multi-screen or normal pass? I've experimented with multi-screen but it doesn't seem to be worthit really.
Any details on the testing?

How did Cal go in the Ducati? Did Yamaha and Honda have new bikes? Where there any protype bikes there for next season in the CRT class?

Lots of questions...sorry.
Looking at Autosport.com it seems both Ducati and Honda ran black bikes, so hard to see if Prototype or Production for Honda.

CMSMJ1

IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Shrieker

@JimClarkFan,

Here in Turkey the road test is an absolute joke. I can tell from experience it's good that your tests are going to be hard. Get as many good riding lessons as you can. It helps %100 and is vital.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Huntresa

God why is this so confusing, in 2013 was Gresini and LCR with Bradl and Bautista both satelitte teams ? What does that make Gresini next year when they will run Production Honda together with Aspar and Cardion.

And what bikes did Bradl and Bautista run today ? We know Redding and Hayden ran Production for Gresini and Aspar in that order, so did Gresini run both a satelitte and production bike ? And will they do that next year ?

JimClarkFan

Shrieker wrote:@JimClarkFan,

Here in Turkey the road test is an absolute joke. I can tell from experience it's good that your tests are going to be hard. Get as many good riding lessons as you can. It helps %100 and is vital.
Lol... I will be taking a good few lessons, hopefully I pick it up pretty quickly, I have fairly good balance so I expect the practical test will be fine. The theory tes (yes we have one) is quite a different matter though.

JimClarkFan

Thanks.

Seems like there isn't all that much we can read into yet. The big change is Cal to Ducati, Espargio to Tech 3 rather than any changes in the bike. The Ducati, so far as I can tell (and I think BBC commentary confirmed this) is the same bike as used this year.

Interesting that only Cal had the modified fuel tank on the yamaha, I though Bradley had the updated bike too but it would seem that he was running the older spec - that bumps Smith up a notch in my opinion. He has been close to Cal in speed recently, I wasn't aware that was on an inferior bike.

Shrieker

I've heard some.. things about the production Honda. It won't be some half-assed watered down version of the current MotoGP machine. It won't have pneumatic valves yes (spring valves only), and probably a lot less electronics, but Casey Stoner have tested the bike multiple times and says it's some serious sh!t. Hayden most probably wouldn't have opted for it next year if he didn't think it was a serious proposition. Given Aleix Espargaro's performance this year on a CRT, i fully expect Hayden to beat factory Ducati's with a production Honda.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

JimClarkFan

^Hopefully, the racing is good at the moment, but the gap between the front runners is a bit too big for my liking. If Stoner is to be believed, then we should see the gap to the front close significantly. Dani Pedrosa ought to have an advantage this year too on that factory bike because he uses less fuel per lap than someone like Rossi and might be able to use a higher engine setting. I hope there is no fuel saving during the race [-o<

SectorOne

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Grand ... ing_season

It´s quite confusing because some teams have one driver in Factory class, the other in Open Class.

Here´s the difference in the new Honda bike and the old one. In terms of aero package.

The Yamaha aero package looks identical from what i can see,

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Huntresa

SectorOne wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Grand ... ing_season

It´s quite confusing because some teams have one driver in Factory class, the other in Open Class.

Here´s the difference in the new Honda bike and the old one. In terms of aero package.

http://photos.motogp.com/2013/11/12/26p ... iginal.jpg
http://photos.motogp.com/2013/11/12/07a ... iginal.jpg

The Yamaha aero package looks identical from what i can see,

http://photos.motogp.com/2013/11/12/46r ... iginal.jpg
http://photos.motogp.com/2013/11/12/40e ... iginal.jpg

Yeah but thats just Yamaha Factory and Yamaha Satellite so they should look the same almost. Look at FTR Yamaha, thats the Yamaha frame, engine and something else but not the aero parts i think.

On the other note, so looking at the 2014 wiki they will do as i said above, Gresini running 1 Satellite and 1 Production.

SectorOne

It´s the same i think,

Edwards, Forward Racing.

The side intakes on the 2014 bike seem to be new though. The one above is the same as Lorenzo/Rossi bike this year.

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

JimClarkFan

Nice pictures sector