WEC (World Endurance Championship) 2014

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Huntresa
Huntresa

Re: WEC (World Endurance Championship) 2014

kooleracer wrote:
Holm86 wrote:Toyota TS040 revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV8Rfja ... r_embedded
http://newsroom.toyota.eu/newsrelease.d ... ybrid&mid=
With 480PS of four-wheel-drive hybrid boost in addition to the 520PS 3.7litre petrol engine, the TS040 HYBRID, launched today at Paul Ricard, has a maximum power of 1000PS and represents the most advanced hybrid technology in racing.
Could this beast be quicker then the current F1 cars with underdeveloped aero packages? I think it would beat an F1 car around Monza and Spa. WEC LMP1 TS040 870kg and 985bhp power to weight ratio 1.132 vs F1 760bhp +/- abd 691kg power to weight ratio 1.099. Looks like LMP1 are getting back were to use be if look at horsepower great to see. F1 should take notice.
Neither LMP1 or F1 has 1k or 760 BHP avaible at all times. F1 has 760 33.3seconds a lap, rest is 600BHP, and i dont know exact time for LMP1 but they have the engine power more then the electrical.

Holm86

Huntresa wrote:
kooleracer wrote:
Holm86 wrote:Toyota TS040 revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV8Rfja ... r_embedded
http://newsroom.toyota.eu/newsrelease.d ... ybrid&mid=
With 480PS of four-wheel-drive hybrid boost in addition to the 520PS 3.7litre petrol engine, the TS040 HYBRID, launched today at Paul Ricard, has a maximum power of 1000PS and represents the most advanced hybrid technology in racing.
Could this beast be quicker then the current F1 cars with underdeveloped aero packages? I think it would beat an F1 car around Monza and Spa. WEC LMP1 TS040 870kg and 985bhp power to weight ratio 1.132 vs F1 760bhp +/- abd 691kg power to weight ratio 1.099. Looks like LMP1 are getting back were to use be if look at horsepower great to see. F1 should take notice.
Neither LMP1 or F1 has 1k or 760 BHP avaible at all times. F1 has 760 33.3seconds a lap, rest is 600BHP, and i dont know exact time for LMP1 but they have the engine power more then the electrical.
I they are allowed 6MJ a lap and their electric motors generate 480 hp or 358 Kw I get 6,000,000 J / 358,000 w = 16,75 sec.

And F1 dont have 600 hp for the rest of the lap. They will always have a higher peak HP than the ICE can create on itself. They will use turbo compounding.

CBeck113
CBeck113

Sebp wrote:A german car in black, red and white?
Don't like the sound (or looks) of that! :-|
These have always been Audi Sport's colors:
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Sebp

CBeck113 wrote:These have always been Audi Sport's colors
Doesn't make it better, does it?
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

Sombrero
Sombrero

Prologue at Paul Ricard 1er day : Porsche fastest.

Audi 2 MJ, Porsche 6 MJ & Toyota 6 MJ for the whole season...

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Huntresa wrote:
kooleracer wrote:
Holm86 wrote:
This is incorrect. The mgu-h to mgu-k is not energy limited in F1.

Huntresa
Huntresa

This is incorrect. The mgu-h to mgu-k is not energy limited in F1.
I know this but it means very little, it just adds a few more seconds, if they even use it during the straights. We dont know if they need that energy from H to be sent to the ES for next lap etc. Anyways its still not full BHP all the time which was my point.

Holm86

Porsche engine noise! =)

Holm86

WEC adjusts fuel regulations
The fuel-flow regulations for the opening three rounds of the 2014 World Endurance Championship have been adjusted in favour of the petrol-powered LMP1 machinery.

The Toyota TS040 HYBRID and the Porsche 919 Hybrid have been granted more energy per lap and larger fuel tanks in the final Equivalence of Technology table published by rulemakers the FIA and the Automobile Club de l'Ouest ahead of the WEC opener at Silverstone on April 20.

The table also shows a reduction in the amount of energy, measured in megajoules per lap, allowed to the turbodiesel Audi R18 e-tron quattro, as well as a smaller-capacity fuel tank.

Toyota and Porsche, which both run in the 6MJ hybrid sub-class, will now be allowed 139.5MJ per lap of the 8.47-mile Le Mans circuit rather than the original 137.5MJ in the original regulations published in December.

The fuel capacity of the TS040 and the 919 has been raised from 66.9 to 68.3 litres.

The fuel allocation for the Audi, which runs in the 2MJ hybrid class, has been adjusted downwards from 140.2 to 138.7MJ and the fuel capacity of the R18 reduced from 54.8 to 54.3 litres.

The new table also includes the energy allocation and fuel-flow rates allowed for Silverstone and round two at Spa, which is in direct proportion to the length of those circuits relative to Le Mans and then multiplied by a factor of 1.11.

The changes follow the supply of information to the FIA and the ACO by the three LMP1 manufacturers based on their testing up to the end of March.

The manufacturers were given a fuel table on the eve of the official WEC test at Paul Ricard March 28-29, but the FIA and the ACO refused to make it public at that stage.

The published table is dated April 7, although it is unknown if there have been any changes since the test.

The aim of the rules to guarantee technical equivalence between the different technologies used in LMP1.

The fuel rules for LMP1 are now set in stone up to and including the Le Mans 24 Hours in June, after which they will be re-evaluated and locked in place for a full calendar year until after the 2015 24 Hours.

Cars that exceed their energy allocation, which is measured by the same Gill sensor used in Formula 1, are subject to a sliding scale of penalties.

rajveesahani
rajveesahani

Re: 2014 Design

hi i am fan of audi and porsche car and i have one question that any of the porsche or audi car will win if it win or loss then what would be the reason your answer will be great help to me.

Lycoming
Lycoming

I'll let you know after the race.

langwadt
langwadt

Holm86 wrote:WEC adjusts fuel regulations

snip
I'm a bit surprised that the Toyotas and the Porsches are in the same class, I had expected that the Toyotas
big NA engine to be far to thirsty to compete with the Porsches small turbo if they didn't pick a class with a
different fuel allowance

aleks_ader

langwadt wrote:
Holm86 wrote:WEC adjusts fuel regulations

snip
I'm a bit surprised that the Toyotas and the Porsches are in the same class, I had expected that the Toyotas
big NA engine to be far to thirsty to compete with the Porsches small turbo if they didn't pick a class with a
different fuel allowance
1. That is cuz they had even bigger engine capacity (i belive form 3.2 to 3.7 litres), low rpm range and very lean mixture. Ideal torque RPM range is in range 8-9 kRPM. Even its supercaps electric pull on accelerations, where is potential to reduce the fuel use "exponential". For example look that awesome random start from pits.TOYOTA TS040 Start n go tehnology in action ps. dont forget click sound icon on animation:

https://vine.co/v/MOtg9UnYnKe/embed/simple

I like those weight wich gave decent equality.

2. For instance PORSCHE already benefits from LPM1 R&D development. Rumours are that they test 4 cylider boxer in 911 test mule already.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Holm86 wrote:snip
God I hate equivalency rules.

langwadt
langwadt

Cold Fussion wrote:
Holm86 wrote:snip
God I hate equivalency rules.

sure, but those rules are the only reasons there is more than one engine type participating in the same class
and probably also that there are new manufacturers