Newbie looking for help with Indycar model subject

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
maithel
maithel

Newbie looking for help with Indycar model subject

Hi all - I'm brand new here and looking forward to making new friends. A little about myself - I typically build 1/43 kits of European sports cars pre-1970s but am now trying my first Indy car kit. It's the Precision Miniatures kit of the 1977 STP Eagle (no. 40, driven by Wally Dallenbach) that lead that years' Indy 500 for some laps.

I discovered that the Precision Miniatures kit contains a rectangular 'c' shaped part called a suspension adjustment bar that somehow attaches to the rear end. However, the instructions are not at all clear as to where this part attaches. There are no obvious attachment points and when I test assembled it, it seems as if it could go under the hub/driveshaft assembly on each side of the trans (so the hub/driveshaft assembly rests on each 'arm' of the 'c'), or it could possibly attach to the assembly. I have searched high and low on the web for a detailed picture of the rear suspension on this car, with no luck. Can anyone please help me either with pictures or with some advice? Thanks!

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

Re: Newbie looking for help with Indycar model subject

How about a photo of the model part in question
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.