MotoGP 2014

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
SectorOne

Re: MotoGP 2014

Good for Honda, bad for the audience.

Just imagine if let´s say only Rosberg(or Hamilton) was at Mercedes and a guy like Chilton had the other seat.
I´d probably throw my computer out the window because i´ve just been through 4 years of pure torture.

1988 people still talk about today, not because the car was so superior but because of Senna and Prost.
If Hamilton and Rosberg goes all the way this is a season people never will forget.

who´s gonna talk about 2011 in 10-15 years? Nobody because it was bloody boring.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Cam

So by that summation, nobody will talk about Usain Bolt, because he was untouchable? C'mon. The only people hating 2011 are hard core Red Bull haters - and if the shoe was on the other foot, there tune would change quick smart. So hypocrisy is not a valid card to play in this argument.

Brilliance is brilliance. People will talk about that. Just as people talk about Schumacher and his run. Boring? Maybe, to some, but not to others. Just as people will talk about MM and Honda.

MotoGP aint perfect, but as a motorsport it's head an tails over many others.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

SectorOne

Cam wrote:The only people hating 2011 are hard core Red Bull haters
That´s extremely childish of you to say and in reality it only shows how much you love Red Bull to the point where you don´t read the posts other people make carefully and instead spew out nonsense as a sort of defense for something that never existed.

I´m not hating on the team or the car itself. I´m hating on the fact that there was no competition in the team itself.
It´s boring and always will be boring when one guy has the fastest machine and just bolts of in the distance.

A season with Pol vs Marq is a billion times more entertaining then a season with Marq and some has-been MotoGP driver fighting satellite bikes.
Cam wrote:Brilliance is brilliance
The appearance of brilliance. Easy to shine when you have no competition.
You know this better then anyone.
Cam wrote:nobody will talk about Usain Bolt, because he was untouchable?
That´s another thing that´s interesting. You complain about a frozen engine formula but fail to realize 100m sprinters have frozen genetics. Which is the absolute number one reason Bolt is so quick.

Engine builders at least get to switch it up every year, you can´t add length or leg length to an athlete during the off-season.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

JimClarkFan

The number 1 reason why Usain Bolt is so quick is because there is no out of season drug testing in Jamaica :mrgreen: . Bolt just happens to be smarter than his compatriots who don't seem to be capable of looking at a calendar and timing their cycles correctly. Even the head of the IOC doesn't much like Bolt, you guys should read up on some his comments regarding the Jamaicans, specifically their inability to find athletes for unscheduled tests.

I'm kind of with both of you, the other teams should just raise there game, without regulations being imposed. But imo as a fan it would be better to see someone who can challenge MM on a bike, because at least that way we will be guaranteed a contest. That is all.

SectorOne

I fully agree with the notion that other teams should raise their game but if they don´t, then what?
If you have Pol on the other bike regardless if other teams raise their games or not you still have action.

With Mercedes if you only have one of the top drivers you get no action if teams don´t raise their games.
If you have two number ones, you have action regardless of the other teams.
Which is what we have now, it´s what 4 points difference and nobody has any idea what´s gonna happen.

You can´t say that for MotoGP. Sure MotoGP has benefits of having more battles and what not but truth be told, the only excitement in the races is when Marquez messes up the start and have to chase through the pack.

Edit: talking of dominance,
“A team that is so dominant,” Head said, “has a duty to the sport.
I´ve taken it a bit out of context but i think you really do have a duty to the sport if you have a dominant car.
You need two guys to go at it that are near equal in pace, that is what bring viewers.

ernos5

I don't know about you, but i find it extremely interesting to watch a 21 year old relatively-rookie rider absolutely dominate the highest level of motorcycle racing in the world. Yes he has a good machine, but not like the Mercedes in F1 atm. He was still challenged this year (Lorenzo in Mugello?) and has always come out on top. What were you doing at 21...

Cam

ernos5 wrote:...What were you doing at 21...
Dreaming of being Mick Doohan! That's what sports heroes should be doing - inspiring others.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Juzh

So what's going on with yamaha? +10 and +20 all of a sudden? It's not like sachsenring is a power circuit.

JimClarkFan

Do you mean top speed? Not sure I follow.

Juzh

JimClarkFan wrote:Do you mean top speed? Not sure I follow.
I meant their general pace. Lor was able to put in some fast laps but over the whole race they were nowhere.

JimClarkFan

Juzh wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:Do you mean top speed? Not sure I follow.
I meant their general pace. Lor was able to put in some fast laps but over the whole race they were nowhere.
Sorry I understand what you mean now.

Yes, I think it has been more at some point in the season though, it seems to be the general trend.

The Honda is easily the best bike at the moment for these current regs. It has been the best bike arguably for the past 3 years.

Andres125sx

Lorenzo said after the race he´s happy with the bike and the last upgrades, but it was a strange race. Let see how does he perform after the summer break

Shrieker

I honestly think Rossi's contract extension is a waste of a good seat. He's been far from his former self maybe except for a couple of occasions at best. There are very talented riders waiting in the wings who could eek out better results and more consistently. His rides have been mediocre more often than not.

He's been brought back to Yamaha for the 'show value', but people know he's legend in only name, and not by his riding anymore. In some ways, his post 2010 performances after his leg was messed up was reminiscent of Schumacher's return performances. Which is sad in some ways, but i guess he's not complaining doing what he loves and making good money for a couple more years. I would be hugely surprised to see him mount a title challenge ever again, let alone win one.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Pierce89

Shrieker wrote:I honestly think Rossi's contract extension is a waste of a good seat. He's been far from his former self maybe except for a couple of occasions at best. There are very talented riders waiting in the wings who could eek out better results and more consistently. His rides have been mediocre more often than not.

He's been brought back to Yamaha for the 'show value', but people know he's legend in only name, and not by his riding anymore. In some ways, his post 2010 performances after his leg was messed up was reminiscent of Schumacher's return performances. Which is sad in some ways, but i guess he's not complaining doing what he loves and making good money for a couple more years. I would be hugely surprised to see him mount a title challenge ever again, let alone win one.
At the moment, Marquez is the only rider clearly riding better than Rossi, the only rider I can see outperforming Rossi on the Yamashit is one of the 2 Espargaros.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Shrieker

Don't let that fool you, Lorenzo has been completely sh!t this season for some reason or another, and i feel for him. Last year he trashed Rossi.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk