MotoGP 2014

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
JimClarkFan

Re: MotoGP 2014

Might be a good wall paper for someone, got it from a HD vid

Edit - more these pictures are too good not to post up

JimClarkFan

JimClarkFan wrote:
Juzh wrote:quick recap maybe? didn't catch it. Why is marq in 4th place?
No reason, he was beaten on pace.

The hondas are falling back, the Yamahas seem to have put a lot of work into their bikes, there is a clear trend of improvement these past few races. Jorge has found his grove again, and Rossi is hanging of his bike more than I have ever seen imitating the MM and the moto2 style of riding. Rossi did a few runs in FP4, and it was unbelievably quick and consistent - and it didn't seem hard.

The ducati is also much improved, 1 lap pace looks great, Dovi arguably should have been p3-4th but he messed up his exit on the last corner of the last lap in quali. They have put some serious work into that bike, it looks a lot better.

MM doesn't look invincible anymore, the pack have been hounding him and today is the first day he seemed to be swamped by the other top riders and the other factory teams who appear to have made up that ground lost to honda at the beginning of the year

I think the MM reign is coming to an end. He still looks special, but the other guys are right there with him.

If you can find any footage of Yonny Hernandez this weekend have a look at it, what he was doing on that pramac ducati in FP4 and quali was unbelievable. I have never seen anyone ride a bike that loose, even MM.
Re Ducati, someone in commentary said Ducati tested at misarno 3 weeks ago so they already had all the dry weather set up sorted to be fast immediately. Perhaps overstating their true pace.

RZS10

Did anyone just watch Moto2 at Misano? Seems the F1 Rules aren't as fu***** retar*** as i thought :D

Folger was on P7 around 7 seconds ahead of P8 and got a "give up one position" penalty for ignoring track limits ONCE in some lap in the middle of the race, he slowed down but the others just did not catch up, maybe he did not understand the info on the pit board instantly since they don't have radio, and at some point he almost came to a halt before a corner and lost that position but the stewards had already issued a ride through and he fell out of the points ... just plain ridiculous :roll:

JimClarkFan

RZS10 wrote:Did anyone just watch Moto2 at Misano? Seems the F1 Rules aren't as fu***** retar*** as i thought :D

Folger was on P7 around 7 seconds ahead of P8 and got a "give up one position" penalty for ignoring track limits ONCE in some lap in the middle of the race, he slowed down but the others just did not catch up, maybe he did not understand the info on the pit board instantly since they don't have radio, and at some point he almost came to a halt before a corner and lost that position but the stewards had already issued a ride through and he fell out of the points ... just plain ridiculous :roll:
Oh man, I laughed at his reaction.

They should have just subtracted some time off him

JimClarkFan

Jorge, dubious tyre choice

Might come to him later

bdr529

Andres125sx wrote: I remember once that Doohan tryed a similar save, but coudn´t. I thought "nice try, but that´s not possible".
I could be mistaken, but I think Hayden saved one back in 06-07 ??

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37sl4YI-aYE[/youtube]

Bomber_Pilot

JimClarkFan wrote:Jorge, dubious tyre choice

Might come to him later
I admit I'm a bit bias but i hope not :) Rossi deserves a win this year :)

Morteza

Bomber_Pilot wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:Jorge, dubious tyre choice

Might come to him later
I admit I'm a bit bias but i hope not :) Rossi deserves a win this year :)
Finally Rossi won the race =D> :)
Lorenzo says he picked the hard front tyre not because of wear concerns, but just because he had a better feeling with it on Saturday.
I also got this form Autosport Live website on Lorenzo's tire choice.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

JimClarkFan

Took this on my phone from the tv after watching the practice yesterday...

this is some of the stuff yonny was doing lol

I'm not sure if I caught the high point of the back wheel, but the commentators were wincing at him all day

SectorOne

Mega race by Rossi, shows once again his racecraft is just a notch higher then most other drivers.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

JimClarkFan

His race craft this weekend was amazing,what was most surprising was how good he looked on that bike.

In fp4 and quali he was really pushing and throwing himself around on the bike. He seems to be getting the hang of this new riding style.

turbof1

I have to wonder though what would have happened if Lorenzo choose the softer tyre choice. Clearly a strategic error from him, despite that he only finished 1.5s behind Rossi.

It was clear though that for the first time this season, Yamaha were in a league of their own.
#AeroFrodo

Shrieker

M&M aaaalmost saved it, might've been another qatar and maybe even better this time round. Oh well...

Grats to Rossi. He was close to the limit and had some moments but other than that he had a pretty smooth race with a very nice consistent pace. Well deserved win.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

mikeerfol

JimClarkFan

Does that mean he is getting the same spec bike as cal?

I think he will show cal up