Goodwood!

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
SectorOne

Goodwood!

Livestream on Autosport,

http://www.autosport.com/goodwood-festi ... peed-live/

Someone just binned an Alfa 4C. Thankfully he hit hay and not a brick wall because that could have ended bad.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Sombrero

Re: Goodwood!

mikeerfol

Is Button appearing tomorrow?

strad

Great heartbreak that I will never make it to Goodwood.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Just_a_fan

I've been a few times over the years. It's a good day out but...

When I first visited it was a relatively small event. It felt intimate and friendly, just fans of racing cars/bikes getting close to the vehicles they'd watched over the years. Now, sadly, it's a much bigger event - bigger in terms of visitor numbers anyway as the space occupied is no larger. It's no longer the friendly, intimate pleasure it was. Now it's busy, push/shove crowded and has lost the "English village fete" feel it had. The manufacturers are there in force so part of it now feels like a motor show. Where one used to be able to sit on the grass near the cricket pitch and have a relaxing moment with just the distant call of historic engines, now it's just full on all the time. No room to pause and contemplate. Elbows in your ribs as people rush to see current F1 drivers up close whilst ignoring the beautiful historic racing machinery.

I'm sure I'll visit again but I no longer feel the need/desire to go every year like I did when I first started to visit.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

RicerDude

Just_a_fan wrote:I've been a few times over the years. It's a good day out but...

When I first visited it was a relatively small event. It felt intimate and friendly, just fans of racing cars/bikes getting close to the vehicles they'd watched over the years. Now, sadly, it's a much bigger event - bigger in terms of visitor numbers anyway as the space occupied is no larger. It's no longer the friendly, intimate pleasure it was. Now it's busy, push/shove crowded and has lost the "English village fete" feel it had. The manufacturers are there in force so part of it now feels like a motor show. Where one used to be able to sit on the grass near the cricket pitch and have a relaxing moment with just the distant call of historic engines, now it's just full on all the time. No room to pause and contemplate. Elbows in your ribs as people rush to see current F1 drivers up close whilst ignoring the beautiful historic racing machinery.

I'm sure I'll visit again but I no longer feel the need/desire to go every year like I did when I first started to visit.
Friday is defiantly much less busy, especially now there's a visitor cap. But there's almost too much going on now throughout the day that you go home feeling like you missed out on half of the event. Of course that's not a bad thing but it's probably worth spending a couple of days there to fully experience everything.

Cam

Watching Loeb rip that hill up in that Peaks Peak beast... yum. Everything about it - the speed, the sound, the zero fuel savings. Tremendous.

=D>
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

CptPeanut

Went on Saturday and had a blast.

Agree that there is too much to fit into a day but we go every year so just switch around what we watch each time. Had a great time watching Loeb taking journo's round the rally stage, especially launching off the Flying Finn! However, highlight of the weekend was getting to briefly meet Emerson Fittipaldi.

strad

Just_a_fan wrote:
I've been a few times over the years. It's a good day out but...
I can well understand as I've seen other cool events get too big and in doing so lose their charm, so I am sure you are right. But I'd still like to go...too bad no time machine, cause I would really have liked it back when. It is that older Goodwood that I really want. :(
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

SiLo

I've got about 200 photo from when I went up on the Thursday. Anyone know the best place to upload them so I can show them off to you ungrateful lot? :roll:
Felipe Baby!

SectorOne

imgur.com
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"