subaru WRX on the mountain course

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
lebesset
lebesset

subaru WRX on the mountain course

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20140702 ... otage-ever

mark higgins is apparently no slouch on a superbike either !
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Pierce89

Re: subaru WRX on the mountain course

+1 This is IMO an awesome video, and with the data it gives a very worthwhile contribution to f1t.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

strad

Thanks Lebesset Great vid. Hope I can capture it,,,my stuff aint been workin right.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

FW17

That time is some 2 min slower than the lap record. Didn't Subaru try something similar a couple of years back?

Cam

His heart rate was like a metronome. He was driving flat out and his brain thought it was cornflakes time, astounding. Amazing video. Thanks for the post.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

lebesset
lebesset

WilliamsF1 wrote:That time is some 2 min slower than the lap record. Didn't Subaru try something similar a couple of years back?
mark set the previous record in 2011 , this was 30 seconds faster

have a look at this footage from 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfdgQSkiYIQ

watch his passenger's face when he has a moment at 150mph ! the guy is a photographer from road and track , talk about nerves of steel !

incidentally , maybe the most amazing thing for me was that he could give a running commentary during the lap ..I presumed that it was dubbed on afterwards
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

strad

Once again thanks.. guy was cool, never batted an eyelash
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss