MotoGP 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Re: MotoGP 2015

Jorge/George ( but pronounced "Whore-gay"?) picked up an unchallenged flag-to-flag win from pole, good effort,
- if making for a fairly processional/unexciting race.

Rossi was unable to run M-M down this time, but remains on top of the points with a 200th G.P. podium..

Edit/Addit: Wow! 3 downvotes for that?
WTF? Its what I saw/heard on the race telecast/commentary..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

J.A.W. wrote:Jorge/George ( but pronounced "Whore-gay"?) picked up an unchallenged flag-to-flag win from pole, good effort,
- if making for a fairly processional/unexciting race.

Rossi was unable to run M-M down this time, but remains on top of the points with a 200th G.P. podium..

Edit/Addit: Wow! 3 downvotes for that?
WTF? Its what I saw/heard on the race telecast/commentary..
My guess is that it stems from the fact that the pronunciation has no bearing on the race, and it's pronounced hor-hey. Writing " whore-gay" just rings of an attempt to talk trash.

But I'm not all about this downvoting nonsense...if a troll wants to troll let them. I can ignore comments well enough.

As for the race, it was the first of the season that wasn't very exciting. It almost got fun when Rossi was reeling in MM, but I think mm just kicked it up when he was getting close. At least its keeping the title fight fun

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Well Sgt-s,
.. apart from your "T-bomb" guess/imputation to my - accurate- phonetic spelling/pronunciation of 'George'..

( & Geoffrey/Jeffrey is another -similar- example of the same name/different spelling).

..it could perhaps be imputed that needless quoting/thereby choosing not to actually "ignore" the post..
..& indeed essentially repeating the gist of the subject - may also be seen a form of "trash" posting - no?

'Not that there's anything wrong with that'..

hollus

English speakers simply do not have the sound, it sounds the way latinos tend to mess up the "h" in "have".
This is what "Jorge" sounds like (the first and fifth versions are the typical Spanish pronunciation):
http://www.google.dk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=& ... 1466,d.bGg
Rivals, not enemies.

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

"Latinos"? That's a pretty broad brush H..
& how do native Portuguese speakers write/say 'George'? ( no G.P. in Portugal/Brazil - this year?)

Andres125sx

sgth0mas wrote:But I'm not all about this downvoting nonsense...if a troll wants to troll let them. I can ignore comments well enough.
You can also ignore spam messages, but there´s a reason for "report" and "downvote" buttons. You´re free to ignore them, as any other is free to use them. I wonder what reason did you find to upvote that irrespectful and childish post tough :roll:
sgth0mas wrote:As for the race, it was the first of the season that wasn't very exciting. It almost got fun when Rossi was reeling in MM, but I think mm just kicked it up when he was getting close.
Mark stated after the race he had problems on the right arm (or it was the left? the opposite to the injured), it was so stressed he couldn´t move the fingers, so he relaxed for some laps. Then he was reported about Rossi getting closer, and pushed hard again

Andres125sx

J.A.W. wrote:Well Sgt-s,
.. apart from your "T-bomb" guess/imputation to my - accurate- phonetic spelling/pronunciation of 'George'..
First of all, it´s not George, but Jorge. You can´t translate names, it´s... #-o

Second, no, that phonetic spelling is quite far from reality, as you can check yourself with Hollus link
J.A.W. wrote:"Latinos"? That's a pretty broad brush H..
What do you mean?
J.A.W. wrote:& how do native Portuguese speakers write/say 'George'? ( no G.P. in Portugal/Brazil - this year?)
Who cares? What´s the point? Jorge is not portuguese, we´re not portuguese, this is not a portuguese forum.... :roll:

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Cool your rectifier/regulator/zener-diode heat-sink A-125.. - before you melt down your flux capacitor..

1stly.. Sgt-s has not upvoted here, & has no facility to downvote, unlike some anonymous types..

2ndly.. this is an English language forum, & 'George' is the historical patron saint of England..

3rdly.. 'Jorge=George'.. fact.. & I reported what I heard.. so what?

4thly.. 'Latinos' refers to those who are native speakers of languages derived from Latin..
..such as Portuguese ( & how disrespectful not to capitalize the title) - & who do write 'Jorge', & say it as 'George'..

Please try not to be so "childish" & dog my posts so pointlessly..

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

Andres125sx wrote:
sgth0mas wrote:But I'm not all about this downvoting nonsense...if a troll wants to troll let them. I can ignore comments well enough.
You can also ignore spam messages, but there´s a reason for "report" and "downvote" buttons. You´re free to ignore them, as any other is free to use them. I wonder what reason did you find to upvote that irrespectful and childish post tough :roll:

sgth0mas wrote:As for the race, it was the first of the season that wasn't very exciting. It almost got fun when Rossi was reeling in MM, but I think mm just kicked it up when he was getting close.
Mark stated after the race he had problems on the right arm (or it was the left? the opposite to the injured), it was so stressed he couldn´t move the fingers, so he relaxed for some laps. Then he was reported about Rossi getting closer, and pushed hard again
Interesting about MMs injury. I didn't listen to the post race, but it seemed apparent from the gap that as soon as it was near 1s, mm got serious.

I didn't upvote anything...I was simply guessing why people were down voting jaw. I've seen this up/down vote argument come up way too much to even care to vote either way. I'll leave the "liking" to Facebook.

As for if Jorge=George, it depends who you ask. If I were speaking to people in Spanish it would not be the same name (I know very little Spanish now sadly after not using it for years). But most people in the states will use the names interchangeably.

I have a few friends named Jorge...one has gone between the George pronunciation and the hor-hey pronunciation his entire life and doesn't care too much. Around his family (born in mexico), its always hor-hey. Other friends, typically those that were not born in the US, but in mexico, go by only Jorge (hor-hey). I guess its worth nothing that these are all Mexican pronunciations and not spanish, which has a few minute differences.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

GPR-A wrote:
gray41 wrote:If Lorenzo gets the bike set up like that from here on out its going to be one hell of a championship fight. =D>
It felt as if it was one off circuit, where it worked for Jorge. He hasn't been particularly on top of his form in the first few rounds. Marc's niggle might still be something that is holding him back. Jerez is a short circuit and the opportunity to run close for position exchange is very very limited. Let's see if Jorge's in fact has found some sweet spot, I doubt.
I also think it was a peculiarity of the circuit. Jerez is a very flowing track, suits his style down to the ground.

Andres125sx

J.A.W. wrote:Cool your rectifier/regulator/zener-diode heat-sink A-125.. - before you melt down your flux capacitor..
You usually try to imagine how I am or how do I feel... and always fail. You know nothing about me, do not play seer
J.A.W. wrote:Please try not to be so "childish" & dog my posts so pointlessly..
Funny to read this from someone who wrote the most irrespectful thing I´ve ever read on F1T....
J.A.W. wrote:pronounced "Whore-gay"
:roll:
Last edited by Andres125sx on 06 May 2015, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

Andres125sx

sgth0mas wrote:As for if Jorge=George, it depends who you ask. If I were speaking to people in Spanish it would not be the same name (I know very little Spanish now sadly after not using it for years). But most people in the states will use the names interchangeably.
Sorry but no, proper names should NOT be translated, it´s grammar, not people´s opinion.

It´s like if I say Miguel Zapatero instead of Michael Schumacher, nosense

If some people don´t care if his name is translated that´s fine, but there´s a rule for that, and proper names must not be translated

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

Andres125sx wrote:
sgth0mas wrote:As for if Jorge=George, it depends who you ask. If I were speaking to people in Spanish it would not be the same name (I know very little Spanish now sadly after not using it for years). But most people in the states will use the names interchangeably.
Sorry but no, proper names should NOT be translated, it´s grammar, not people´s opinion.

It´s like if I say Miguel Zapatero instead of Michael Schumacher, nosense

If some people don´t care if his name is translated that´s fine, but there´s a rule for that, and proper names must not be translated
Im not talkjng about any specific rules in your country, im talking about customs . Nobody cares about whatever rule you're going by. In the real world people go by preferences and local tradition. Not the literary customs from whatever country you live in.

Even in saying thay, George and Jorge are equivalents that share the same origins. So by definition, they both translate to the same meaning. You're wrong on 2 accords. Maybe you'd be correct if there wasn't a literal translation of the name George, but in this instance George and Jorge both translate to the exact same meaning.

Second, this is way outside the topic of the thread so I'll leave it at what's been discussed. This is pointless, if you want to continue feel free to start a fresh thread in a general chat subforum and we can discuss it there. I don't want to muddy this topic with nonsense.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Motogp only from now on please.

I'm seeing people saying redding is riding poorly, do people agree? I don't know where he should be riding,but people generally aren't impressed

Andres125sx

Agree, discussing grammar is nosense and OT

Not sure about Redding, but Aleix Espargaro continue impressing me. Not sure what´s Suzuki´s real level, but looking at second Suzuki Aleix is doing great, again

What do you think about Suzuki btw?