MotoGP 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
JimClarkFan

Re: MotoGP 2015

Andres125sx wrote:Agree, discussing grammar is nosense and OT

Not sure about Redding, but Aleix Espargaro continue impressing me. Not sure what´s Suzuki´s real level, but looking at second Suzuki Aleix is doing great, again

What do you think about Suzuki btw?
If Suzuki had a good engine and electronics they would be competing at the front. So far as I can tell they have built a really good bike, no understeer or oversteer, and it seems like the rider can really push the bike hard.

Aleix is a great rider, Pol was supposed to be the protege but his older brother in my view is showing better form on the materials he has to work with. I hope that engine of theirs improves because we could see Suzuki at the front regularly.

J.A.W.

Suzuki has won only a single Moto G.P. race in the 4T era - & dropped out of ''the show" due to poor results..
They sure have a fair amount of catching up to do.. ..maybe if.. a wet race - just like the only prior win?
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

tanmay324

Their last bike was a dog. This one on the other hand has very good handling as it seems. If they can get the engine to make more power and refine their electronics, they will be closer to podium contentions.
To be honest, their performance has been above expectations of most people.

J.A.W.

M-M Q'd on pole - from Divi & George in 3rd - for French G.P. at Le Mans..

Pedro is back & Q'd 8th, - just behind Rossi in 7th..

Juzh

It's happened too many times now to be a coincidence. Where is honda's race pace again? Vanished in thin air? 0,5s advantage in qualifying ended up in 0.5s deficit in the race.

I don't get it..

Cold Fussion

Marquez looked like he was really struggling to get good drive out of the corners. That was a fantastic battle though.

tanmay324

Juzh wrote:It's happened too many times now to be a coincidence. Where is honda's race pace again? Vanished in thin air? 0,5s advantage in qualifying ended up in 0.5s deficit in the race.

I don't get it..
Track temperature maybe?
Yesterday it was quite cold today the track temperature was much higher. The tires worked better for Yamaha I guess.
The more interesting point is the performances of Crutchlow or Suzukis
Or the monster Yamahas they seem almost on par with the factory Yamaha and repsol in qualifying and practices. But they fade away dramatically in race.

JimClarkFan

I think the Yamahas approach the weekend different, especially Rossi.

Today Rossi's fastest race lap was something like 0.5 seconds faster than his qualifying lap - crazy.

If Rossi could sort his qualifying, he could well walk away with the championship

hpras

I'm thinking Rossi is mostly saying screw qualifying, let's get the best race setup possible. One that allows him to be particularly strong in the latter half of the race.

Silent Storm

hpras wrote:I'm thinking Rossi is mostly saying screw qualifying, let's get the best race setup possible. One that allows him to be particularly strong in the latter half of the race.
And how did that work out for him today??

I don't think he goes for a full race setup. You can say his setup is more biased towards race than qualifying.

You can say he is more like Kimi or Fernando when it comes to setting up for the weekend while Jorge is more like Lewis and Vettel going for one lap pace but not at the expense of race pace.

Sometimes this hurts when there is less chance to overtake or less tyre degradation.
In changing conditions it gives advantage.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

J.A.W.

Yeah, that French G.P. was a bit of fun..

Apart from the early laps crash-fest, the factory Yamaha riders both duffed up M-M, & seemed to unsettle him.
That was a good dice that M-M & A-I had though , plenty of risking passing from both.

Full credit to the Yamaha factory riders for the professional 1-2 finish, & in the championship standings..

( & funny to hear Rossi say 'George' as "Whore-gay" - post race, too.)

J.A.W.

An article about the size/speed of Moto GP bikes & technical assistance/riding abilities required to control them.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/race/ ... on-motogp/

hpras

Silent Storm wrote:
hpras wrote:I'm thinking Rossi is mostly saying screw qualifying, let's get the best race setup possible. One that allows him to be particularly strong in the latter half of the race.
Not horrible coming from 7th place on the grid.

Silent Storm

hpras wrote:
Silent Storm wrote:
Not horrible coming from 7th place on the grid.
Yes it was good but when you said he goes for full race setup then no it was not good.
He couldn't close the gap to Lorenzo.

But as I said before nobody goes for full race or quali setup it was just Lorenzo who did a better job in quali and race.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

turbof1

I feel the issue with Rossi is that he first needs to fight through the field before finally being able to bring the fight to the front runner. It takes too much out of his tyres basically.

Just look at Lorenzo: great start, rockets inmediately to the front and from there can optimise his pace to prolong tyre endurance with no competitor even close to make his life in the least miserable.

Rossi is a very cunning and intelligent rider. His passes on the ducati's for instance were very well choosen. He however needs to improve his qualifying speed, else he'll be stuck in the same situation race after race.
#AeroFrodo