MotoGP 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Artur Craft

Re: MotoGP 2015

JimClarkFan wrote: Today Rossi's fastest race lap was something like 0.5 seconds faster than his qualifying lap - crazy.
I rained during Moto3 qualifying and the track was damp for MotoGP's FP4. In qualifying, the track was completely dry, but it didn't have as much rubber as normal. On the race day, not only the track was properly rubbered in, but it was hotter, which could have made Rossi's tyres work better.

sgth0mas

That was a pretty exciting battle for 4th! it was frustrating to see pedrosa go down so early however.

What is setting rossi back in qualifying? Was this a result of setup changes that he didnt get to test during FP4? Is he battling the adaptation to more and more electronic controls?

Artur Craft

Rossi has always been slower than Lorenzo on qualifying. He was even slower than Hayden at Ducati, iirc

sgth0mas

Artur Craft wrote:Rossi has always been slower than Lorenzo on qualifying. He was even slower than Hayden at Ducati, iirc
Ahh I see...obviously I haven't been following motogp as long as f1.

mikeerfol

Marquez wasn't able to go to Q2, only managed 13th, thousandths off a Q2 time.. Iannone on pole with Lorenzo and Dovizioso on the front row as well. It's going to be a crazy race I think.

Bomber_Pilot

Valentino won both races this year from eighth place. Maybe third one tomorrow? :)

Juzh

Anyone expecting ducati to pose any challenge to yamaha?

eniacon

Juzh wrote:Anyone expecting ducati to pose any challenge to yamaha?
Yeah...on the straight! :lol:
I'd say it'll be Lorenzo, Dovi, Rossi on the podium, while Iannone will probably contend for a while but fade away due to his injury.

Juzh

Expected result. Marq in the dirt once again. This guy.. :roll: :roll:

SectorOne

Where are all the guys that talked about how Lorenzo´s mind is so weak and watching Marquez win is messing with his head?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

turbof1

I hate to say this, but the fall was such a typical MM one. He looses his patience, tries to push the bike even though he knows these tyres can't do the same what they did at the beginning of the race, and he crashes.
#AeroFrodo

bdr529

If anyone missed the race, here's a replay
Part 1 - https://vid.me/vXMa
Part 2 - https://vid.me/29ST

Andres125sx

Third one in a row for Lorenzo!

Marquez can´t control himself, I love how agressive he is, but he should accept when he can´t fight for a win

Nice to see Pedrosa back again, let´s see if this time, with the operated arm, he can be a bit more consistent

And awesome race for Ianone with break in the arm

That Honda-Ducati battle was the best of the race

J.A.W.

Well done George, another measured race, & on the money..

M-M pushed hard, as he does, & the hard front compound tyre - he was using - didn't work out for him.
Not all his fault though, since other Honda riders were having front end issues too..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

eniacon

Looks like another great weekend of racing ahead at Catalunya, Aleix Espargaro tops FP2!
Good to see Maverick Vinales in the top 5 as well, might there be a podium finish for Suzuki this weekend??

http://resources.motogp.com/files/resul ... 1_8019a123