MotoGP 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Bomber_Pilot

Re: MotoGP 2015

Well done old man =D>

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Role reversal as Lorenzo steals Rossi's favourite 8th place on the grid :lol:

Andres125sx

I´ve read Rossi prefers harder tyres than Lorenzo, and for this GP Bridgestone chose exactly those. This was before Q, and looks like true

Lorenzo never won with this tyres...

http://www.marca.com/2015/06/26/motor/m ... 11186.html

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

The Honda has been fairly inconsistent for a couple years now, remember in the last year or two of Stoner's time with Honda they had a lot of front end problems. It seems as though Honda get a bit lost chassis wise every now and again.

Andres125sx

Actually HRC drivers have returned to 2014 chasis

SectorOne

The old fox still got it. Beautiful how he analysed Marquez and then made his move clean to re-take the lead.
Shame about the ending but Marquez was way too optimistic there, he couldnt even make the corner himself.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

tanmay324
tanmay324

That was great. But was it legal?

eniacon

tanmay324 wrote:That was great. But was it legal?
Yup

Andres125sx

SectorOne wrote:The old fox still got it. Beautiful how he analysed Marquez and then made his move clean to re-take the lead.
Shame about the ending but Marquez was way too optimistic there, he couldnt even make the corner himself.
He made it (almost) even when after the contact with Rossi his front slided and he almost crash, and in those circumstances you always loose the line a little bit, but even so he made the corner. With no contact he´d have made it perfectly

It´s Rossi who tried to make his line even when Marquez was in the inside, as if he was alone. Then after the contact he had two options, crashing or cutting the corner. You can´t blame him for cutting the corner, but you couldn´t blame the stewards either if they´d have penalized him

Anycase it´s one of those situations where I can´t blame the stewards no matter what they do, it was on the limit

Marquez is here again (with 2014 chasis), he never give up, and the final lap battle was awesome.

SectorOne

Andres125sx wrote:He made it (almost) even when after the contact with Rossi his front slided and he almost crash, and in those circumstances you always loose the line a little bit, but even so he made the corner. With no contact he´d have made it perfectly
He wouldn´t because his line directly intersected Rossi´s line through the corner.
Rossi could have easily made the corner but Marquez simply bumped him off the track.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Andres125sx

That´s what happens in racing, some people is so perverse they try to overtake and take the line you were pretending, the good one obviously :mrgreen:

Marquez was there, Rossi can´t say "that was my line, get out of there" as you´re implying, and he tried. If there´s another bike in the inside, you have to take a wider line, like it or not.

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Marquez was wholly along side (and perhaps a little in-front) on the inside of the corner, and still made the corner after the contact with Rossi. In many other racing series that would have entitled him to taking the lead.

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

Would mm even have made the turn without using rossi as a guard rail?

GPR-A duplicate2

I felt it was very aggressive and unfair of Rossi to have tried and closed the door in that corner, despite Marc being slightly in front at the time when Rossi touched him. Not sure about MotoGP rules, but he clearly cut the corner to gain advantage and Marc still made the turn. I guess in F1 world, it would been Marc the winner by rule. But what a thrilling race between the King and the Prince. Value for money.

But, Oh Old Man !!! He still has every bit of his old racing instincts. Couple of years back, everyone wrote him off and from second half of last year, he is coming back and now he seems to have COME BACK (Like Arnie's, I WILL BE BACK) !!! A Pole and Win felt an era last time he had achieved that. Bodes well for an 8th title. Go Rossi =D>

tanmay324
tanmay324

To me it looked like Marc knew he was putting the bike in space which was always going to disappear. The line of Yamaha is wider and Vale had commited to the corner already. So he might just have hoped that Rossi will sit up seeing Marc infront in his line. If this was to happen we would be saying that Marc is too aggressive and dangerous etc. And who knows with a word from Rossi he might have lost the win. After all he is the Ferrari equivalent in MotoGP. Any other rider on the field, Marc would have taken it, although with a reprimand or penalty from stewards.
But he was with Rossi, the guy is smart, he didn't sit up, made the contact and went to cut the corner. In this case both were equally responsible.
More front row starts for Rossi please... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Surprised that Lorenzo couldn't manage to stay with the two despite the great first lap. The scrap for 5th position was great too. Bad crash for Barbera hope he recovers. This will be interesting year, after Argentina these two came together again, we might get to watch a rivalary develop soon, Marc did seem unhappy.
I know this has become a cliche, I would still say F1 needs races and stewards like these.