MotoGP 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
eniacon

Re: MotoGP 2015

sgth0mas wrote:Would mm even have made the turn without using rossi as a guard rail?
In the post race press conference, Marquez pretty much said that he studied the chicane quite a lot and his plan was to dive up the inside very hot in the first part and then drive the next part tight on the inside too, so you can take it that he was aiming to push another rider off the track, he's claiming a moral victory but with that kind of thought process, its a bit of a dangerous sign for the future... Has a hint of Senna to it, I'll put the car up the inside, you can turn in if you want, but well touch.

Please don't apply F1 logic to MotoGP..it'll only hurt the brain #-o

bdr529

I'v seen that move before, 2005 Spanish GP, Rossi and Gibernau

turbof1

Video of the accident:

Difficult to tell if Rossi was too agressive. However, the overhead camera shows that MM was not ahead infact.

If you ask me, Rossi tried to keep the racing line, with MM doing a different to try to overtake. Both lines simply were on collision course.
#AeroFrodo

Starscreamer

Yesterday witness @ TT-Assen

I have made a nice picture :-" (iPhone 4)
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

GPR-A duplicate2

To me it is very clear, rossi tried to shut the door while both were side by side.
Look how much gap here while they were clearly side by side.
And now Rossi shutting door.

Cuky

and you just have to look at how far behind is Marquez when Rossi starts to brake and it becomes clear that Rossi didn't expect Marquez to try and divebomb into last corner of the race so he was taking his normal racing line. Marquez was too far behind and braked too late and that is what brought him that close to Rossi and almost cost them both the race.

eniacon

Nice article on it by Tony Goldsmith of Asphalt and rubber
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/ ... c-marquez/

Shrieker

Rossi was in front, M&M went for the overtake and barged into him. There's nothing to discuss imho. That last lap by Marc was mega though.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Andres125sx

Looks like Honda did their homework, 1-2 for Marquez and Pedrosa, wich is surprising for a track like Sachsenring, it should be a Yamaha track

GPR-A duplicate2

Rossi on 6th; Not a Lorenzo track; So, Starting from pole, no stopping MM here.

GPR-A duplicate2

MM Domination !!! The OLD MAN still rocks !!!

Poor Lorenzo, change in circuits and tires, he forgets how to drive !

Pierce89

Andres125sx wrote:Looks like Honda did their homework, 1-2 for Marquez and Pedrosa, wich is surprising for a track like Sachsenring, it should be a Yamaha track
Nope, straight Honda.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Andres125sx

Pierce89 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:Looks like Honda did their homework, 1-2 for Marquez and Pedrosa, wich is surprising for a track like Sachsenring, it should be a Yamaha track
Nope, straight Honda.
Yes looking at past results it looks like that, but I wonder what´s the reason, as Yamaha have the best frame while Honda the best engine, and Sachsenring is the Hungaroring of MotoGP, few straights, low top speed, and lots of corners

Also, yamaha looked stronger at the exit of the corners, first Lorenzo with Marquez, then with Perdrosa, then Rossi with Pedrosa, at the exit of the corners the Yamaha always made some space (more than the usual effect at the exit of the corners)

It was like the contrary as it should be, Honda faster in the corners and yamaha faster in the straight, well at least at the beginning of the straights

bdr529

I think Marquez's return to "form" has more to do with switching back to last years frame/chassis then anything else

bdr529

A big get off for Stoner while leading the Suzuka 8h

the race was won by the factory Yamaha team of Bradley Smith, Pol Espargaro and Katsuyuki Nakasuga