MotoGP 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
SectorOne

Re: MotoGP 2015

It´s really hard not to be insanely impressed by Rossi, amazing ride in the wet.

Petrucci was pretty mind blowing as well.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

GP14 might have something to say about it though.

turbof1

Very nice race. Rossi never put one single foot wrong. Shows how important experience is in such conditions.

I feel sad for Marquez. He was actually very careful, never did any silly things or whatever. The bike just snapped and in a split second it was over, both the race and his championship bid. The bike simply is not on the level of Yamaha, which can generate more grip.
#AeroFrodo

Andres125sx

Agree, at some point of the race Rossi went a bit long and Marquez had a better line to get out of the corner and I was thinking he could try it, but even so Rossi went out of the corner increasing the difference :o . It was the heli camera and was easy to see. Yamaha has much better traction

Great race for Petrucci btw.

Lorenzo went into the box complaining about the visor, commentators said he had problems with mist in practice too. This is something I can barely understand, misting problems at this level? And after practice they couldn´t solve it for the race? Don´t know the name but there´s a piece for the helmet you can use in the rain to separate the visor and eyes from the nose and mouth so your breathing does not mist the visor. There are also products to apply in the inner part of the visor to prevent misting. Helmets have ventilation. I can´t believe with all this they still have mist problems

Shrieker

For 2015 Honda has come out with a more powerful engine but is not rider friendly. M&M hadn't even started cracking the throttle but the thing just dumped him off the high side. They lost the championship, it's sad for Marquez but this is a team sport, and that's how it goes. Getting robbed of that battle for the win was sadder tho. No doubt it would have been epic. Rossi put all his experience to (very)good use.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

J.A.W.

Yeah, another crash-fest spectacle.. not much dicing, other than the Ducati guys..

George wasn't happy in the wet ( bad memories from a bad crash there?)
His repass/corner baulk move on Cal caused Cal & Jack to go down too.

Have a close frame-by-frame slow-motion hi-definition look at Mark's lose..
..it was the front that let go 1st & caused the wriggle-unload-rear go-high side - dynamic cascade..

Well done that old man again..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

ChrisF1

Rossi keeps raising the bar, it's quite amazing to see him reaching this level after the disastrous Ducati spell, and the early troubles getting on with the Yamaha again.

The legend surrounding Rossi continues to grow...

J.A.W.

ChrisF1 wrote:Rossi keeps raising the bar, it's quite amazing to see him reaching this level after the disastrous Ducati spell, and the early troubles getting on with the Yamaha again.

Rossi's epic fail on the Ducati ( not that most any other rider really did much on 'em - 'cept for KC Stoner),
blights his claim to be FIM GOAT ( Greatest Of All Time).. credit to V.R. - for admitting that, though..

J.A.W.

Who will take the crown then?

Will Rossi work his ''Jedi mind tricks" - on brittle George?

Does the "show"( Caramello/Dorna) want a Rossi win - more - as a "fairy tale" - best marketing outcome?

Will the Honda boys 'run interference' - on effective behalf of George - to prevent the "bad penny" Rossi - taking it?

sgth0mas

J.A.W. wrote:
ChrisF1 wrote:Rossi keeps raising the bar, it's quite amazing to see him reaching this level after the disastrous Ducati spell, and the early troubles getting on with the Yamaha again.

Rossi's epic fail on the Ducati ( not that most any other rider really did much on 'em - 'cept for KC Stoner),
blights his claim to be FIM GOAT ( Greatest Of All Time).. credit to V.R. - for admitting that, though..
Then who is the GOAT?

Pierce89

J.A.W. wrote:

Rossi is easily the GOAT.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

bdr529

sgth0mas wrote:
J.A.W. wrote:

Then who is the GOAT?
My Pick: Giacomo Agostini, 15 World Championships titles.. 7x 350cc, and 8x 500cc
just look at his numbers from 1968-70. He also won 10 times at the Isle of Man TT

Now if that"s to old for you guys then I'll go with Rossi, other wise it's hard to beat what Ago did in both the 350 and 500 classes at the same time.

J.A.W.

Ago had talent for sure, & he was the 1st to win the 500 title on a 2T..
..but while he did win many races.. it was mainly on the factory MV Agusta, in competition against self-equipped privateers..

So quantity of wins is not enough in itself.. & Rossi is out too, for sure - due to the failure with Ducati..

I like tough-guy Mick Doohan, one of the very few to come from winning WSBK races & then win ( a lot) - at 500 G.P..

Eddie Lawson was able to win on a bunch of different machines too, & be so smooth, like Mike Hailwood..

ChrisF1

It's difficult to compare across era's isn't it, particularly when they're competing across multiple classes at once.

I think Marq was considering doing a Moto 2 or Moto 3 race last year if he wrapped the title up early - wouldn't that be great to see some of the Moto GP boys jump on the smaller bikes and see how they fare.

I wonder if Rossi knows a team owner who could lend him a Moto 3 bike for the weekend?

Tommy Cookers

yesterday I nominated Mike Hailwood and Kenny Roberts
(then deleted the post as undignified and unproductive, a statement of the obvious)

Agostini had ZERO opposition (machinewise) for much of his career
as the Japanese makers withdrew for about 8 years after the 1967 season

had he lived ........ Bill Ivy would surely have been WC on 4 wheels and 2 (Rindt and Stewart said this as he outqualified them)