MotoGP 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
J.A.W.

Re: MotoGP 2015

Well, that was a lottery once the rain came down.. makes amockery of the fuel allowance rules, swapiing bikes to & fro..

From the start George was looking well placed with the 2 Honda boys running interference on V.R. - as predicted..

Dani-boi lost his bottle in the wet, & George lost the plot..
..almost as if Caramello had slunk down pit lane, & sprayed some silicone on G's slicks.. to ensure a 'show' result - for V.R...
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Andres125sx

Shrieker wrote:@Andres,

Wasn't it Lorenzo & Pedrosa that couldn't stand each other and not Marquez ? Marc hasn't been around that long :) But you're right in a way, it sure feels like he has been around for a very long time...
True :oops:

But a Honda rider anycase, so nothing changes, it´s still bs thinking Honda riders will help Lorenzo

Andres125sx

turbof1 wrote:Lorenzo again looked very insecure in such conditions.
I wouldn´t say the leader of the race (at least until first ptistop) look insecure, he was assuming the highest risks, someone insecure would have let some other rider take the lead and he´d have stayed in a confortable second-third position.
turbof1 wrote:I'm still mystified why he crashed. There was no need for taking any risks: he would finish behind marquez but also ahead of Rossi, because he switched one lap earlier then the latter to dry tyres. He would have been 9 seconds faster anyway, so I really don't get why he took such a risk ending up in his high sider.
Probably because MotoGP riders are not connected to the wall, so he didn´t know he´d be 9 seconds faster than Rossi in that lap.

Also, I noticed at some point of the race (not sure if in first or second pitstop) when they warm up second bikes blankets were removed because they can´t know if riders will enter pits in that lap or not, so tyres probably were colder than usually. Add to that a greassy track and a lot of pressure because of the fight for the championship, and I don´t see it that weird. Weird are Marquez crashes in this season, this one if perfectly understandable on those circumstances

Andres125sx

J.A.W. wrote: From the start George was looking well placed with the 2 Honda boys running interference on V.R. - as predicted..
What race did you watched JAW?

btw, it´s Carmello, not Caramello.
Last edited by turbof1 on 14 Sep 2015, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need for bickering.

turbof1

Andres, they pass the pitwall each round. Granted you need to be quick and precise on that small moment, but there is an oppertunity.

Removing tyre blankets is a matter of a few seconds. There's enough time between seeing the rider entering the pits, and removing the blankets in time. Even if we assume the tyres were cooled down, it wouldn't be a long shot to assume someone from the mechanics warned Lorenzo of this (since they'd be standing right next to him when switching bikes!). Also note that Lorenzo crashed much later in the outlap, indicating he simply was pushing too hard for what his tyres could provide for grip, at that moment. At the end of the day: Rossi switched, Marquez switched and Pedrosa switched and none of those took a trip to the asphalt, so in my opinion this was Lorenzo's own fault.
#AeroFrodo

Andres125sx

turbof1 wrote:Andres, they pass the pitwall each round. Granted you need to be quick and precise on that small moment, but there is an oppertunity.

Removing tyre blankets is a matter of a few seconds. There's enough time between seeing the rider entering the pits, and removing the blankets in time.
I know and agree, that´s exactly the same I was thinking when watched that. But if it was in first pitstop bikes were equipped with wet tyres that work at much lower temperature, maybe that´s the reason and I´m getting confused with second pitstop.... :?:

turbof1 wrote: Even if we assume the tyres were cooled down, it wouldn't be a long shot to assume someone from the mechanics warned Lorenzo of this (since they'd be standing right next to him when switching bikes!). Also note that Lorenzo crashed much later in the outlap, indicating he simply was pushing too hard for what his tyres could provide for grip, at that moment.
Yes, but still the outlap so first time he was doing that corner on slicks with wet track
turbof1 wrote: At the end of the day: Rossi switched, Marquez switched and Pedrosa switched and none of those took a trip to the asphalt, so in my opinion this was Lorenzo's own fault.
Of course, I never said the contrary, but you said you´re mistifyed because of his crash and I was trying to explain to me it was a normal crash, considering track conditions, tyres and overall situation. And also what I said, no radio so he didn´t know how faster slicks were compared to Rossi´s tyres or he´d have been a lot more careful for sure

turbof1

Of course, I never said the contrary, but you said you´re mistifyed because of his crash and I was trying to explain to me it was a normal crash, considering track conditions, tyres and overall situation. And also what I said, no radio so he didn´t know how faster slicks were compared to Rossi´s tyres or he´d have been a lot more careful for sure
Probably a poor choice of words from my part. I meant I was astonished by how Lorenzo, a driver who only rarely makes mistakes, made that error.

There are of course metigating conditions: like you said tricky track (although mind you that there was infact a dry line), hectic and chaotic change of bikes, perhaps not knowing how much faster the dry tyres were. Infact that last bit could very well be the main reason why he pushed too hard.
#AeroFrodo

J.A.W.

George said that when he saw how quickly Redding was moving, he figured he ought to be able go quicker too..
Credit to M-M & Honda for reading the situation so well, in an otherwise chaotic-looking frenzy..

If the race had stayed dry.. I doubt that anything but maybe 1st place - would've been the same as what went down..

Now George has his work cut out, for sure, if he wants to reclaim the championship lead, & title..

The aero-strakes/fences fitted to the factory Yamahas were interesting, seemingly as much for intake air flow - as downforce..

J.A.W.

Free practice from Aragon has George in front by 7/10s from his FYR team-mate V-R, Tech 3 Smitty in 3rd,
followed by the Honda boys, (M-M in 5th). Suzuki mounted Apsaragus is ahead of the Ducati mob..

J.A.W.

M-M has Q'd on pole at Aragon, from George, followed by Ian on his Duc, Asparagus on the T-3, Dani-boi, & V.R. in 6th.

Anyone seen the weather forecast?

Bomber_Pilot

Wow, really glad to see the "Old" Danni =D>

turbof1

That was awesome! I feel I need to use a better word then awesome, but that battle is not describable in words.

I really thought it was over when Rossi got to make his move stick, but Pedrosa somehow managed to draw every last bit of strength, cling on and put the bike back next to it.

Battle of the season.
#AeroFrodo

GPR-A duplicate2

For the first time, Dani looked anything but Dani. :D Rossi would have thought he had Dani in the pocket and do him away in the last 2 laps. The aggression with with Dani pushed Rossi out of track, is the first the time I have seen him drive like that. I am sure Rossi would have got shocked and then he gave up.

J.A.W.

Great to see Dani-boi show his mettle.. esp' after seeing M-M lose the front of the Honda - yet again..
A pity that Dani can't string a season of those peformances together..

Nevertheless, Honda will be happy with him.
& if both the Honda boys can continue to spoil V.R.'s chances, then George may yet wrest the title..

ChrisF1

It's Jorge's title unless he gets taken out.

Once the tyre compounds were changed it was in the bag for him, he was poor on the previous tyre compared to Rossi.

I would say Jorge deserves it, but if they hadn't changed the tyre he wouldn't be close, so I think Rossi deserves it because he has been good on both tyres.