MotoGP 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Andres125sx

Re: MotoGP 2015

basti313 wrote:I do not really get your arguments here...on one hand you understand the (clear visible) reaction of Marquez and on the other hand you are defending the fairy tale of the press conference???
What are you talking about?
basti313 wrote:Marquez was cruising several laps in a distance of not more than a meter behind Lorenzo in the infield.
So in your opinion he was cruising.... I´ve never seen any rider cruising with the bike moving around in brakings and sliding in almost any corner, but if that´s cruising for you then I understand your confusion
f1316 wrote: My final thought is that it says a lot about the characters of the people involved that, in Valencia, Valentino Rossi is by far the most popular.
Rossi has always been very admired here in Spain. He´s always been cheered up as any other spanish rider, much more than some of them acutally.

But this season that may change, he´s defamed on of our favourites with no reason (something people keep ignoring as if that never happened), he´s played mind games, and he´s no longer the fair gentelmen on defeat he had always been

Today Rossi is not Rossi anymore

Andres125sx

f1316 wrote:Not much point in arguing about it. I think Rossi's move in Sepang was wrong - wish he hadn't done it- but I completely understand why he did. If you feel someone is out to get you, is messing around with you out of spite, it's very difficult not to boil over.
Agree, when you feel someone is out to get you, it´s very difficult not to boil over. But you´re wrong about he subjects. First boiling over because of an unnecessary move by his rival was Marc, after Rossi defamend him in Sepang

Defaming MotoGP riders for free is sad IMO, and should never happen. Rossi got what he deserved.

Henne

Rossi made the crucial mistake to take Marques out in Sepang (and I'm not convinced that this was 100% his fault but the marshalls judged he did, so we have to accept this).

If he could've raced like he should, he probably would've lost against Lorenzo yesterday, but he would most likely ended up 2nd.

That are a lot of if's and would haves...

Things turned out like they did, and we should all accept this and look forward to next year.

Game on!

George-Jung

Nevertheless congratulations to team Lorenzo.. =D>

turbof1

basti313 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Which I think is more then fair. Rossi did a very spiteful thing. This is justified payback.
I understand the feelings, but I do not know if I can defend them. Basically I can either defend the decision of the stewards or the reaction of the driver. Not both as with the (not too low) penalty all things were cleared.
I am a bit puzzled...is it ok or not for me? I think I may have reacted the same, but when thinking about the sports it should not be like that.
Andres125sx wrote:Just reply this question: You didn´t see Marc sliding and moving all around trying to keep up with Lorenzo, and closing the gap in final laps preparing a pass before Pedrosa ruined his strategy?
I do not really get your arguments here...on one hand you understand the (clear visible) reaction of Marquez and on the other hand you are defending the fairy tale of the press conference???
Marquez was cruising several laps in a distance of not more than a meter behind Lorenzo in the infield. And after the clean pass of his teammate he drove a quite hard move which was throwing both Hondas behind...I do not know what else can be seen here.
The question is how Honda reacts internally. With the move Marquez drove against Pedrosa one lap earlier on Lorenzo there would have been a Honda on P1, maybe even 1-2 for Honda.
Let me put it this way: Rossi put MM in a sort of arch enemy spot ever since Phillip Island. He has been critisizing him in public and let's say his action on track in Sepang did not do any favours for him either. When you lash out so much to someone, that someone is not going to help you, right?
I can agree to an extent Marquez did intent on Lorenzo winning the championship. Not necessarily by letting him the race, but certainly by not trying to put any risk on Lorenzo, either crashing or Pedrosa overtaking as well. If he did not intend on winning the race, I don't think he would have followed that close on Lorenzo. It is true however that MM drove very conservatively, especially compared to Sepang where he and Rossi got into a very bitter battle prior the kick accident. I complete agree with that.

By antagonizing MM, Rossi created his own self-forfilling prophecy. There is no one else to blame for what MM did, then Rossi. I said it right after the previous race: the championship is tainted no matter what the outcome. That's Rossi's fault. If Rossi disagreed with actions from MM, he should had have him sit down and discuss it behind closed doors. Instead he was that stupid to defame MM in public. Stupidity cost Rossi the title, not Marquez.
#AeroFrodo

GPR-A duplicate2

turbof1 wrote:By antagonizing MM, Rossi created his own self-forfilling prophecy. There is no one else to blame for what MM did, then Rossi. I said it right after the previous race: the championship is tainted no matter what the outcome. That's Rossi's fault. If Rossi disagreed with actions from MM, he should had have him sit down and discuss it behind closed doors. Instead he was that stupid to defame MM in public. Stupidity cost Rossi the title, not Marquez.
Exactly that. But I guess Rossi took his legendary status too heavily in this situation and completely underestimated what MM could do. He thought by publicly criticizing MM, MM might move away from him in races and allow Rossi to fight with Lorenzo without any challenges. All of this just brought out the ruthless side of MM, which was hidden behind that big smile.

On a side note, I think MM could be the MS (Michael Schumacher) of MotoGP. I like it. 8)

Juzh

Henne wrote: If he could've raced like he should, he probably would've lost against Lorenzo yesterday, but he would most likely ended up 2nd.
Rossi finishes 4th in valecnia no matter where he starts. His laptimes were consistently at least 0.5s slower than lorenzos and both hondas, and often the difference was up to 0.7s. He had no chance, penalty or not.

turbof1

For the record, I am leaving the picture of george-jung here. It is nothing more then a humoristic play with the situation. Perhaps the picture could have been a bit more cropped to remove the distasteful pukes, but whatever.
#AeroFrodo

noname

Juzh wrote:Rossi finishes 4th in valecnia no matter where he starts. His laptimes were consistently at least 0.5s slower than lorenzos and both hondas, and often the difference was up to 0.7s. He had no chance, penalty or not.
Once he got to 4th place the gap was so big there was no point in chasing the leading trio. And to do so he would have to be on much higher level then them, what was not the case. Bringing the bike home and hoping for Hondas to take points from Lorenzo was the best he could do.

His race pace in FPs looked quite well so, on the paper at least, he looked as capable to mix with them if not starting from the back.

Anyway, now we can just keep guessing or accept reality and move on. Whatever the outcome of the race would be 2015 seson was already tainted.

Juzh

noname wrote:Whatever the outcome of the race would be 2015 seson was already tainted.
Not really.

turbof1

I think I can agree with noname. Rosso ruined an otherwise fantastic finale. Without that action on Marquez he wouldn't have incured a penalty and we'd had our race down to the wire. I really feel robbed ever since Sepang. The 2015 season will always be stained for me because of this.
#AeroFrodo

sgth0mas

turbof1 wrote:I think I can agree with noname. Rosso ruined an otherwise fantastic finale. Without that action on Marquez he wouldn't have incured a penalty and we'd had our race down to the wire. I really feel robbed ever since Sepang. The 2015 season will always be stained for me because of this.
MM had a hand in ruining the championship as well...lets not act like this was entirely 1 sided.

Andres125sx

True, he won in Philip Island, what a bastard! :twisted: :mrgreen:

GPR-A duplicate2

sgth0mas wrote:
turbof1 wrote:I think I can agree with noname. Rosso ruined an otherwise fantastic finale. Without that action on Marquez he wouldn't have incured a penalty and we'd had our race down to the wire. I really feel robbed ever since Sepang. The 2015 season will always be stained for me because of this.
MM had a hand in ruining the championship as well...lets not act like this was entirely 1 sided.
None realized the MM is ruining championship, up until Rossi told it. Lo and Behold, suddenly the world wakes up to realize that infact, MM is ruining the championship. I guess after the legend uttered the words of accusation, the poor newbie had no choice but to oblige.

People are forgetting that Rossi was in fact MM's childhood hero. The affection between the two was quite evident up until Assen. It was Rossi who started making negative comments about MM, which was unnecessary and uncalled for. He helped create a beast out of a boy.

Shrieker

Wow... Seriously, Rossi fanatics are even worse than Schumacher and Vettel ones which i honestly thought wasn't possible.

Rossi slammed Marquez in the press conference before the race at Sepang saying he helped Lorenzo at Phillip Island, despite evidence to the contrary (Marquez passing Lorenzo on the final lap).

Rossi and his fanatics' behavior remind me of mr. erdogan and his following cult. In every election we think how such a result is possible despite all the shæt that's going on, but as it turns out, this type of behavior (ignoring solid evidence out of favor for a certain individual) isn't specific to Turkish people.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk