MotoGP 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
SectorOne

Re: MotoGP 2015

2012, that was the year Stoner announced his retirement after three races?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

nacho

Winning a championship is complicated when you are against Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner and Marquez. So many what ifs that I can think of. Apparently Pedrosa was pretty much injured last year.

J.A.W.

Pedrosa has been a Moto GP race winner - & at his best, to be fair, he has been unbeatable on the day..

However he has shown himself to be brittle, & unable to string together enough good days to win the championship.

IMO, Pedrosa is past his best-by-date, & why Repsol/HRC hasn't replaced him - is a mystery..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

JimClarkFan

Stoner hurt himself in 2012', ripped his ligaments and sat out 3 races, and was racing injured in Indy.

He also was clearly still hurting when he arrived back

Andres125sx

SectorOne wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
SectorOne wrote:nobody will really know how good he is because his teammate is a guy that everyone and their mother would beat for the championship.
Sorry but had to downvote this. You can´t seriously say that about a triple World Champion.....

And Pedrosa has never been one of my favourite riders, but comparing him with Webber was simply absurd
Who has Pedrosa beaten in MotoGP?
How many chamionships has Pedrosa on a MotoGP bike?

His championships all came in the two lower formulas 10,11 and 12 years ago.
He's the definition of a Webber in MotoGP.
What championships did Webber win?

F1? No
F3? No
F3000? No
GT? No
Formula Ford? No, not even Formula Ford....

Comparing him with a three times World Champion is simply absurd

In MotoGP he´s been unlucky enough to compete with Rossi, Lorenzo, and Stoner, and even so he could have win some championship if not injured

I´m not saying he´s a Gilles Villeneuve in MotoGP, but that comparison would be much more fair than yours

Jolle

Dani is the Nico Rosberg of MotoGP.... both won titels at their junior formula's, very fast, beaten their teammates more then a couple of times, but coming up short in the end. And to make it worse, Rosberg in Germany, is not even their best driver, they have Vettel and of course Schumacher and Dani has Lorenzo and Marquez...

Poor Dani...

SectorOne

Andres125sx wrote:What championships did Webber win?

F1? No
F3? No
F3000? No
GT? No
Formula Ford? No, not even Formula Ford....

Comparing him with a three times World Champion is simply absurd

In MotoGP he´s been unlucky enough to compete with Rossi, Lorenzo, and Stoner, and even so he could have win some championship if not injured

I´m not saying he´s a Gilles Villeneuve in MotoGP, but that comparison would be much more fair than yours
How you work:

How many titles in F3 does Pedrosa have? None! So he´s not Webber! They even look different!

Me:

The guy will never win a title in the highest class of motorsport, just like Webber.
He´s the Webber of MotoGP. Webber or Rosberg, take your pick.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Andres125sx

SectorOne wrote:How you work:

How many titles in F3 does Pedrosa have? None! So he´s not Webber! They even look different!
Please don´t be this absurd, you know I was criticizing your comparison because Pedrosa won three world championship titles, while Webber never won any world championship, not even on lower series, not even British F3!

Yes neither of them won a title in the highest class of motorsport, but at least Pedrosa reached that category after winning on the previous one (two consecutive times), and being considered a title contender from his very first season to the last one, something you can´t say about Webber, he was never considered one of the best in the category, but Pedrosa has always been considered one of the best.... at least until Marquez showed up, now even Lorenzo looks like a mediocre driver and he´s four times World Champion, two in the highest class, but when comparing with a talent like Marquez no rider can´t resist the comparison
SectorOne wrote:Me:

The guy will never win a title in the highest class of motorsport, just like Webber.
Webber, sure as he´s out of the category right now but you can´t be that sure about Pedrosa.... or do you have a crystal ball?
SectorOne wrote:He´s the Webber of MotoGP. Webber or Rosberg, take your pick.
Or Gilles Villeneuve, one of the most talented riders who never won a championship... on his second and/or third season only due to some unlucky injuries

SectorOne

Andres125sx wrote:Webber, sure as he´s out of the category right now but you can´t be that sure about Pedrosa.... or do you have a crystal ball?
Several years of documentation to support my opinion.
He´s been wasting WC winning seats for years now.
He doesn´t deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as a Lorenzo, a Marquez, a Rossi.

He plays in the minor league and should relinquish his seat to young, hungry talent that actually have a shot at winning titles.
Andres125sx wrote:Or Gilles Villeneuve, one of the most talented riders who never won a championship... on his second and/or third season only due to some unlucky injuries
Yea it´s quite hard winning titles when you´re dead. Pedrosa is not dead, he´s just a journeyman on a MotoGP bike.

eniacon

SectorOne wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:Webber, sure as he´s out of the category right now but you can´t be that sure about Pedrosa.... or do you have a crystal ball?
Several years of documentation to support my opinion.
He´s been wasting WC winning seats for years now.
He doesn´t deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as a Lorenzo, a Marquez, a Rossi.

He plays in the minor league and should relinquish his seat to young, hungry talent that actually have a shot at winning titles.
Andres125sx wrote:Or Gilles Villeneuve, one of the most talented riders who never won a championship... on his second and/or third season only due to some unlucky injuries
Yea it´s quite hard winning titles when you´re dead. Pedrosa is not dead, he´s just a journeyman on a MotoGP bike.

Guys, you are labouring the point, agree to disagree.

J.A.W.

Or put a wager on it.

I wouldn't put my quid on Pedrosa to ever win a Moto GP Championship, if he aint done it by now..

Rossi might feasibly get another, but only if Marquez is out, hurt.. & if Lorenzo remains subdued.

The Ducati is presenting well too, with its special advantages, but will be nobbled - if too good..

Cold Fussion

I don't think Dani bitches and moans anything like what Webber did, so the comparison is moot on that front.

J.A.W.

But Pedrosa gets equal machinery, support, & no team finishing orders from Repsol/HRC..

sgth0mas

Austin was a blast. It was my first live motogp race and it was much better than f1 last year.

First...watching Marquez sprint to the spare bike and pump out that lap was awesome. The crowd was pretty loud about that.

Second...man its nice to hear real engines..not overpowered prius motors lol

Third...riders really have to push hard and actually can without concern of cooking off the front wheel in 1 lap. I never knew those bikes moved so much.

I enjoyed this much more than F1 last year...but it could also be the newness.

J.A.W.

It sounded even better when they weren't all limited to 4 cylinder mills..

Aprilia Cube 990 triple was my favourite sounding Moto GP 4T, even if it was too vicious to ride real hard..