World Endurance Championship 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
djos

Re: World Endurance Championship 2015

And an even better performance by Webber and Co in the #19
"In downforce we trust"

SimRacer
SimRacer

delete please
Last edited by SimRacer on 18 Sep 2015, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.

djos

They won, considering winning the race is the whole point then they did the best job!

Ps it's quite normal for drivers suffering from issues to drive harder than those in front in an effort to make up lost time, this is known as racing.
"In downforce we trust"

SimRacer
SimRacer

delete please
Last edited by SimRacer on 18 Sep 2015, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.

djos

SimRacer wrote: Again... had you watched the race you'd know that the #18 was already in front by over a minute on pace alone and outperforming everyone else with ease when it first started being penalized around the 3 hour mark or so.
I was under the impression they have 3 FIA fuel sensors?
"In downforce we trust"

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Neil Jani obliterated the field in the first stint and his stint right after the #18 was penalised three times to bridge the 50s gap to the Audi's by the end of the stint was supremely impressive. There was also no #19 porsche djos.

djos

Cold Fussion wrote: There was also no #19 porsche djos.
Doh, getting my wires crossed. #-o
"In downforce we trust"

bdr529

SimRacer wrote: Again... had you watched the race you'd know that the #18 was already in front by over a minute on pace alone and outperforming everyone else with ease when it first started being penalized around the 3 hour mark or so.
The first penalty to the #18, a 5 second stop/ go was only 1.5 hours into the race,
And I'm pretty sure they had a lead of 30-35 seconds at that time, because the #18 came out of the pits right in front of the #17
the two of them bump shortly after that and Webber got pushed off the track bit

SimRacer
SimRacer

delete please
Last edited by SimRacer on 18 Sep 2015, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

machin

http://sportscar365.com/industry/photos ... aks-cover/

Boo... I was hoping to see some more extreme aero kit...
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

bdr529

SimRacer wrote:
bdr529 wrote:
The first penalty to the #18, a 5 second stop/ go was only 1.5 hours into the race,
And I'm pretty sure they had a lead of 30-35 seconds at that time, because the #18 came out of the pits right in front of the #17
the two of them bump shortly after that and Webber got pushed off the track bit
Well then I take it back and hereby agree that the #18 displayed a lackluster performance all that afternoon and the #17 were far too superior on its own merit. And all the Internetz peoplez can be happy now. [-o<
You facts on the time of the 1st penalty and the gap between the two cars was incorrect
SimRacer:
had you watched the race you'd know that

SimRacer
SimRacer

delete please
Last edited by SimRacer on 18 Sep 2015, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

Pierce89

Cold Fussion wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:The 2016 gte rules allow alot more downforce than previous iterations (and a little bit more power too).
So what will be the practical differences between the GTE 2016 rules and the old GT1 rules?
The new gte rules allow them to change only certain areas they also have to fit in well defined windows for downforce, drag,weight and power and then the FIA will do its BOP.

The old GT1 rules just had a more traditional set of technical regs that allowed spaceframe sillouhette full race cars. There was also no BOP bs.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

bdr529

SimRacer wrote:
bdr529 wrote: You facts on the time of the 1st penalty and the gap between the two cars was incorrect
SimRacer:
had you watched the race you'd know that
Although entirely beside the point of the argument, my facts are not incorrect it's just that I'm not a nitpicker freak that feel that I must check and quote the exact timestamps and stats just for the sake of being absolutely precise about non-relevant details.

But it's interesting to know that you feel the need to act as djos babysitter. Not that he needs of course, but do carry on if that matters so much to you and down-vote me again as many times as you please. =D>
First of all I didn't need to check the facts, I watched the race that's how I know when it happened.
secondly I just post the correction of when the penalty happened, and the gap between the 2 cars at that time

there's no need to get a snotty about it, I didn't say you were wrong with people thinking that Webber did a great job while over looking the problems the #18 car had

djos

SimRacer wrote:
Although entirely beside the point of the argument, my facts are not incorrect it's just that I'm not a nitpicker freak that feel that I must check and quote the exact timestamps and stats just for the sake of being absolutely precise about non-relevant details.

But it's interesting to know that you feel the need to act as djos babysitter. Not that he needs of course, but do carry on if that matters so much to you and down-vote me again as many times as you please. =D>
Oh please, if you are going to take issue with someone's post, you should at least make sure you have your own facts sorted.

Btw there is no point driving the wheels off your car from lap 1 in a six hour race, it merely invites trouble. It's called endurance racing for a reason.
"In downforce we trust"