IndyCar 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Ciro Pabón

Re: IndyCar 2015

joseff wrote:Someone give this man a 2016 LM ride please :) would like to see him win the triple crown.
Hi, joseff, nice to see you.

Of course you're right and nothing would delight me more, for Juan Montoya to have a chance at Le Mans, although I don't think he would have the same clear advantage he has had in Trans Am.

However, Montoya has already won the Formula One triple crown, which is Monza, Mónaco and Montecarlo.

He is far from winning the endurance racing triple crown, which is Daytona (won), Le Mans (never competed) and Sebring (never competed, afaik)

He has also won CART (or Indy Cars if you wish) triple crown, which is Pocono, Indianapolis and Long Beach if I'm not mistaken.

I cannot refrain myself, as probably the only Colombian in this forum, to add that he has won races in his rookie year in CART, Indy, F1, NASCAR and Grand Am, along the great and insuperable Mario Andretti.

I'm not sure if his records in F1 of fastest average lap and fastest speed recorded still hold.

Actually, I still follow all of those series, so I'm glad for people here finding fun in some other types of races.

The beautiful part of watching more series is that you find always ways to learn something new.

The beautiful part is that you still find new things in each one and, well, it's been 47 years.

Believe me: when one series become a tad boring for you (as it happens to me right now with F1, that somehow has lost its magic over me) some other series seems fascinating.

It's like have several girlfriends...

Nowadays you can watch and enjoy, very easily, F1, Indy, NASCAR, DTM, Super V8, TC2000, NHRA, WRC and Moto GP. That is a full course meal, less than that it's not.
Ciro

joseff

Well hello, old timer :)

I meant the triple crown of motorsport: Monaco GP, Indy 500, Le Mans 24h. Three races from three separate disciplines.

lizardfolk

2015 Indy 500 is up

knabbel

Ciro Pabón wrote:
joseff wrote:Someone give this man a 2016 LM ride please :) would like to see him win the triple crown.
However, Montoya has already won the Formula One triple crown, which is Monza, Mónaco and Montecarlo.
Ehm, Monaco and Montecarlo are the same :wink:

Jersey Tom

Worth watching the race, for anyone who hasn't seen it. Really entertaining... an open wheel race with lots of passing and lead changes.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Cuky

I have seen just first 50 laps as I had some work to do...but will definitely watch remaining 150 tomorrow, that 1/4 was quite amusing and just flew by.

Carbon

Am I the only one that thinks the contemporary indy car is morphing more and more into something akin to the former Can Am? I hate to admit it, but as ugly as the cars are, with all the aero accoutrements, they're starting to grow on me.

Scorpaguy

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aBL9sUhoUUk/T ... ral_2j.jpg

Tell me when they get back to this....then I can die happy.

djos

IndyCar 2015

Ooh God that was soooooo ugly!
"In downforce we trust"

Scorpaguy

http://www.sportscardigest.com/wp-conte ... am-car.jpg

...OK...how about this?

Still have to say that the Chap CanAm cars were the coolest ever.

djos

Yeah that looks brilliant! Much better.
"In downforce we trust"

Spoutnik

Hello, I start to enjoy IndyCar series this year (because Canal+ in France start to broadcast every race), obvioulsy I don't mastered all of the things of this category unlike the F1 or Le Mans..
And firstly, I wonder how the Honda engine is good in comparaison to the Chevrolet and the same question for the aero package ? Because when you watch in detail the official classification of the 500, there are only 2 Honda powered team in the top ten and the top speed trap is dominated by Chevrolet team ~370 for Power or Dixon I believe.
Secondly, I wonder how much those V6 2.2 are technicaly advanced, if they had some different engine map, the material, fuel flow limit etc .. ?

Pierce89

Spoutnik wrote:Hello, I start to enjoy IndyCar series this year (because Canal+ in France start to broadcast every race), obvioulsy I don't mastered all of the things of this category unlike the F1 or Le Mans..
And firstly, I wonder how the Honda engine is good in comparaison to the Chevrolet and the same question for the aero package ? Because when you watch in detail the official classification of the 500, there are only 2 Honda powered team in the top ten and the top speed trap is dominated by Chevrolet team ~370 for Power or Dixon I believe.
Secondly, I wonder how much those V6 2.2 are technicaly advanced, if they had some different engine map, the material, fuel flow limit etc .. ?
Chevrolet has a slight advantage in both engines and aero kits at the moment, but it has been said that the Honda road/street course aero kit has more potential performance once the teams figure out how to best juse it but the Chevy aero kit responded better to the traditional setups the teams have used since the current Dallara chassis arrived.
edit: The enines are VERY close with a small advantage to Chevy maybe.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Sombrero

Spoutnik

Pierce89 wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:Hello, I start to enjoy IndyCar series this year (because Canal+ in France start to broadcast every race), obvioulsy I don't mastered all of the things of this category unlike the F1 or Le Mans..
Chevrolet has a slight advantage in both engines and aero kits at the moment, but it has been said that the Honda road/street course aero kit has more potential performance once the teams figure out how to best juse it but the Chevy aero kit responded better to the traditional setups the teams have used since the current Dallara chassis arrived.
edit: The enines are VERY close with a small advantage to Chevy maybe.
Thank's for your answer
It's a bit surprising, indeed Honda had the F1 aero experience which is more sharp
And for oval race, with really high speed (speedway) which package is the best ?
I think we forgot one thing : Chevrolet powered the best team (top team) no ?
Sombrero wrote:http://www.autoracing1.com/PDFs/2015/20 ... ations.pdf

Indycar Engine Regulations 2015
Thank's, it's a bit long, but I will read that before sleeping :)