IndyCar 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
void

Re: IndyCar 2015

Jonnycraig wrote:
void wrote:How heavy is DW12 nose cone?
When the Dw12 was first run, it contained 26lb of lead ballast in the nose:
The car's handling got better during the most recent round of testing at Homestead-Miami Speedway, but the improvement came from an extreme measure: Placing 26 pounds of lead ballast in the nose of the car to balance out the weight distribution.

http://espn.go.com/racing/indycar/story ... t-sort-out
Perhaps that was eradicated due to the new bodykits.
I hope so. But I still think that is heavier than that spring that hit Massa.

And DW12 looks to be dangerous at ovals, spins, flip over and a heavy nosecone that came off easly

djos

IndyCar 2015

IndyCar have just announced Justin Wilson has died from his head injury.
"In downforce we trust"

Chuckjr

djos wrote:IndyCar have just announced Justin Wilson has died from his head injury.
So sorry to read he passed. That's horrible.

Racing is a dangerous sport and this is one of the possible consequences of participating--another reason these guys and gals are compensated handsomely for doing what they do.

Unfortunately, this will fuel the fire to enclose the cockpits of open wheeled cars. I really wonder where Bernie is going to take that idea.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Kiril Varbanov

This is really a tragic year in motor sport. My condolences to his family and friends.

The closed cockpit discussion is, naturally, revived now. I can see a lot of protagonists, and many people against the idea. I wonder what is the alternative, then.

Forza

Very sad times for Motorsport as we lost another great person and racing talent. My thoughts and prayers go to his family, friends and all Indycar community. Rest in peace Justin.

Carlos
Carlos

If you should want to donate. INDYcar has founded a trust fund to benefit Justin Wilson's family.
See Details at the bottom of the article:
http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/mo ... 32f0727264

cossie
cossie

Race in peace, prayers to his family. I had the pleasure of meeting him while working EMS at Milwaukee and Road America very humble and ultimate gentleman

Sevach
Sevach

Poor Monty.

scuderiafan

Double points for Indy makes sense, double points for the finale just because, doesn't.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

Sombrero
Sombrero

The Championship decider...