NASCAR 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
sgth0mas

NASCAR 2015

I dont think we have many nascar fans here, and im not much of one either, but what i do like is road racing. And NASCAR road racing is awesome because of the way these guys are able to ride bumper to bumperlike this:

In just 2 weeks there is a NASCAR road race in sonoma which is the first of the two. I encourage any roadrace fans to check it out just for a bit of fun. A few more pics:

The only frustrating part is of you get a series of yellow flags because the first flag just bunched up the field even more.

The only good thing about nascar ovals that has been the party scene. Im not wealthy enough to go to the F1 parties after the race, but at NASCAR races (and some indy), the entire oval becomes this wild party with a little fun trashyness to go with your motorsport. BYOB may help some with that too haha.

bdr529

Re: NASCAR 2015

I'v been to one NASCAR race, that was 23 years ago, I went to see Richard Petty in his final year 1992 at Watkins Glen
it rained, the race started late was cut shot due to rain
It was a great day, the tickets were in the Budweiser tent/area inside corner 1, so yes the beer was Free =D>
Was able to get up close to the track and get some good photo's, sorry for the crappy scans

Richard Petty
#42- Kyle Petty....#3- Dale Earnhardt...#4 Ernie Irvan
#7- Alan Kulwicki...#43 Richard Petty...#21 Morgan Shepherd

sgth0mas

Those are some awesome pics! Ive been debating skipping the USGP to make a race at the Glen this year or in 2016. It really depends how the f1 season plays out.

Spoutnik

sgth0mas

Spoutnik wrote:I prefear Watkins Glen :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24KnI27mH44
Thats is definitely a great race. Gotta wait till august for that one though.

And its amazing to see road racing where you can follow so closely and really push the car without tires going to trash in one lap.

Spoutnik

sgth0mas wrote:

Thats is definitely a great race. Gotta wait till august for that one though.

And its amazing to see road racing where you can follow so closely and really push the car without tires going to trash in one lap.
Yes, amazing race, better than Sonoma IMO, always entertaining race.
In Nascar, the races I really enjoy also are the superspeedway, so close, so much speed, crazy !

Jersey Tom

We came so close to winning that... definitely a blast to watch.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Spoutnik

The new aero kit who improve downforce but offer less top speed will be out =D>

sgth0mas

Spoutnik wrote:The new aero kit who improve downforce but offer less top speed will be out =D>
NASCAR has new aero?!