Japanese Super formula 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
toraabe

Re: Japanese Super formula 2015

If venturi tunnels were legal then we could talk cornering speed.... ( Groundeffect )

turbof1

WilliamsF1 wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:It's easy to make a ton of downforce when Dallara just gets to design whatever they want with no actual regulations governing what they can do.

Wonder why they used a step in the Chassis?

Just a 10 mm plank (for safety) on a flat bottom would Have been easier
I'm not entirely sure it is a step. I thought that first too, but upon closer inspection they also gave me the impression they are venturi tunnels, running from the splitter to the diffuser:
#AeroFrodo

RicME85

I think it's a step. The splitter has the fairing in the edge which starts a channel but I think it then opens out to the flat section of the floor next to the step. I think there is a bit of shadow and/or reflection that makes it look like there is a channel from that splitter fairing down along the step/plank edge toward the diffuser strake

Juzh

ME4ME wrote: I for one would like to see more power, lot's more. 1200+ if possible.
For qually it'd be great. For races, on the other hand, not so much. 1200 bhp would shorten the straights so much it would be nigh on impossible to get any kind of slipstream before the drag penalty kicks in for the car in front.

Juzh

ME4ME wrote:Either that or better tires.. :)
Or both.