[WEC] Audi R18 TDI e-Tron Quattro 2016

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
krisfx

Re: [WEC] Audi R18 TDI e-Tron Quattro 2016

Pierce89 wrote:
VARIANT | one wrote:
That looks positively menacing. :twisted:
Unfortunately this thing makes even the r15 (which was an absolute abortion) look good. It has single handedly brought the entire field's LMP1 looks by at least 50%, and that's with the update that made it look 100% better.
Although it's ugly, it seems to photograph "well" from most angles. I'm growing to like it, it's certainly better than last year with the horrible intakes under the front lamps!

djos

I dont mind it, but it still looks like a High-nose F1 car and an LMP1 car had unprotected sex and this is the offspring! :?
"In downforce we trust"

Pierce89

djos wrote:I dont mind it, but it still looks like a High-nose F1 car and an LMP1 car had unprotected sex and this is the offspring! :?
Unfortunately that's exactly what it looks like.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

VARIANT | one

wesley123 wrote:Racecar Engineering has a nice article on the 2016 Audi R18

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/cars/audi-r18-2016/
I don't think it's ugly at all... actually from a detail design standpoint, it's beautiful. =D> It's not a a sultry, '60s GT car, granted, but it's a racecar after all. It's got a job to do.